Taomeow

An interview with Kan

Thanks for the link!

There was a post here late last March regarding a film about Max.

Can't seem to find the original post, any knowledge of a release date?

Thanks for the link!

There was a post here late last March regarding a film about Max.

Can't seem to find the original post, any knowledge of a release date?

Sifusufi: Check out this link... www.lamathunderbolt.com

.... Seems to me it was supposed to be released some time ago.... No idea what happened. Nice preview all the same though

And thank you for the link, Mrs. Meow... Always a pleasure hearing from Kan.

best.

balance.

Thanks TaoMeow!

I especially liked something that Kan said (through the translator):

"We're ALL free"

:)

lama thunderbolt?

really?

Ha, I find the name a bit much myself... But my understanding is that it has to do with some of his back-story... ie being struck by lightning when he was young and having his third eye fused open.

best.

balance.

To me the name just screams marketing, like it gives off a used car salesman vibe.

It also gives off a Yellow Bamboo type of vibe to me as well.

The rather heavy-handed approach with regards to the marketing/advertising of kunlun has been brought up before many times... No reason for this thread to suffer a similar fate.

Feel free to read through this longer thread when kunlun was just coming onto the tb scene...

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/3570-lama-dorje/page__hl__lama

...That said, I think the quality of Kunlun (as with everything) is best expressed through the personal experience of its practices rather than the nit-picking of potentially-flawed, superficial/packaging details which end up being totally irrelevant anyway.

best.

balance.

• Like 1

Sifusufi: Check out this link... www.lamathunderbolt.com

.... Seems to me it was supposed to be released some time ago.... No idea what happened. Nice preview all the same though

And thank you for the link, Mrs. Meow... Always a pleasure hearing from Kan.

best.

balance.

Obrigado!

Thats the one (on the 1 now)

Thanks again everybody

Space is the Place

This kind of disturbed me. I do not want to start another Kunlun bashing thread because I like the practice.

When I did the Australian KunLun workshop recently, the teacher showed me a bunch of extra max footage [much of it not online] and Included in it is a completely different story of How Kan met Max.

In that, Kan was the top martial art student of some teacher, who told him too give Max a beating on stage at one of Max's evenings. so [on film] he gets up and challenges max and rushes toward him. Max does a Mudra and Kan starts screaming and writhing on the stage... and of course later [off film] becomes max's student.

As I do not believe that can be done to some one who is not your willing and energeticly sensitive Student, I had trouble with that bit of footage, as the whole thing looked staged and over acted.

Now hearing a whole different meeting Max story with Shaman, I can't help but wonder wether they are just lying through their teeth...

Mind you My teacher Doug who filled in the blanks about the story not on Film could have botched the chronology, and I did not watch past meeting Max with shaman on this doco, as I was feeling disturbed and annoyed at 'facts' not lining up...

Has any other Kunlunners seen the Max fight footage and have a different explanation for it? It's the one with max on stage accepting challengers from the audience in japan, and Kan gets up to face him...?

This kind of disturbed me. I do not want to start another Kunlun bashing thread because I like the practice.

When I did the Australian KunLun workshop recently, the teacher showed me a bunch of extra max footage [much of it not online] and Included in it is a completely different story of How Kan met Max.

In that, Kan was the top martial art student of some teacher, who told him too give Max a beating on stage at one of Max's evenings. so [on film] he gets up and challenges max and rushes toward him. Max does a Mudra and Kan starts screaming and writhing on the stage... and of course later [off film] becomes max's student.

As I do not believe that can be done to some one who is not your willing and energeticly sensitive Student, I had trouble with that bit of footage, as the whole thing looked staged and over acted.

Now hearing a whole different meeting Max story with Shaman, I can't help but wonder wether they are just lying through their teeth...

Mind you My teacher Doug who filled in the blanks about the story not on Film could have botched the chronology, and I did not watch past meeting Max with shaman on this doco, as I was feeling disturbed and annoyed at 'facts' not lining up...

Has any other Kunlunners seen the Max fight footage and have a different explanation for it? It's the one with max on stage accepting challengers from the audience in japan, and Kan gets up to face him...?

I have seen the 1.5 hr. Lama Thunderbolt video and some of it is difficult to believe!

Stories get chewed up in transition, as a rule, and a story with "more details" or a story with "fewer details" is not necessarily a different story. Besides, it is my impression that the English-Japanese interpreter was having some difficulties. E.g., to the question "what practices were you doing before meeting Max that prepared you for Max" Kan answers with a list of practices he got from Max. This means (to me, who has translated/interpreted and watched others do that too and knows how it goes) that the question was mistranslated and misunderstood, rather than evaded. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Kan's medical story is another interesting point -- I don't believe anyone would lie about having a broken spine and being paralyzed, people normally don't project situations of this nature onto themselves in any context whatsoever. Except for someone quite mentally unstable (not the impression I'm getting from Kan), one doesn't lie this close to the body -- there's a deep taboo on that in the human psyche.

Also, we recently (relatively) had a poster who asserted that he knows Kan personally (if I'm not mistaken -- my apologies if I am, I don't remember exactly if "personally" was mentioned) and that Kan is a wonderful master of great integrity who has nothing to do with Max, that Max wrongfully exploits Kan's name while Kan's real teachers are someone entirely else and Max and kunlun gave him nothing, and so on. So there you have another version of the story circulating out there. So now again we have two conflicting stories, right?.. Which one of the two seems more plausible to you though, the story "about Kan by someone who asserts he knows him" or the story Kan himself tells?.. One of them is a lie. But then if it is Kan who is lying, then the true story the other person is telling also can't be true -- for how can a wonderful master of great integrity who is not Max's student lie through his teeth saying he is?.. See, it gets complicated, like a sophism... "a man from Crete asserts that all Cretans are liars, is he telling the truth?":rolleyes:

In the Kan Max challenge video there are several options.

a] Kan either does not know Max and max forces him to writhe and scream = Both Honest, and Max is a living ledgend.

b] Max is deluded about his abilities, but Kan is gullible/susceptible in a golden bamboo kind of way. = Both honest but fools.

c] Max knows Kan prior and its a set up. = Both Dishonest.

d] Max and Kan realised no one is buying the martial power from a distance thing, so they do not release that footage outside a small amount of close students, and come up with a new more plausible meeting story, Kan then realises Max is a sinking credibility ship and separates himself as much as possible from Max.

= both dishonest.

Any way you word it there is a video out there of Kan pretending or actually not knowing Max, and either way It conflicts with the current 'story' being told.

Many people have made up healing stories to launch their career.

Many also have actually healed.

Something smells fishy...!?1!

Seth.

Stories get chewed up in transition, as a rule, and a story with "more details" or a story with "fewer details" is not necessarily a different story. Besides, it is my impression that the English-Japanese interpreter was having some difficulties. E.g., to the question "what practices were you doing before meeting Max that prepared you for Max" Kan answers with a list of practices he got from Max. This means (to me, who has translated/interpreted and watched others do that too and knows how it goes) that the question was mistranslated and misunderstood, rather than evaded. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

What part of the conversation are you referring? I know a bit of Japanese, and could understand most of what he was saying.

I remember the part where he was asked what practices prepared him for golden dragon body, and he responded with kunlun neigong, red phoenix, five element (maybe something else? Don't recall) and she relayed that list exactly.

There are a few situations in which he's not quite sure how he wants to phrase it himself (for example, when talking about the energy that he feels around Max), he wasn't sure if even "energy" was the right word, so he spent some time kicking around some terminology to himself, then settled on a particular phrase. When the translator got it, rather than relaying the hoops Kan jumped through to arrive at the phrasing, she just relayed the phrasing he settled on at the end.

Japanese in particular is an interesting language in that there are various ways of tacking extra words/phrases onto a word to change the "flavor" of the word, or the context that you want to put it in, but doesn't add any literal meaning, so sometimes you can translate into english with a lot fewer words than was actually said (and then sometimes it takes more words in english to convey the meaning that was intended).

So again, if you could point out some specific times in the interview, I'll give it another listen!

Kan's medical story is another interesting point -- I don't believe anyone would lie about having a broken spine and being paralyzed, people normally don't project situations of this nature onto themselves in any context whatsoever. Except for someone quite mentally unstable (not the impression I'm getting from Kan), one doesn't lie this close to the body -- there's a deep taboo on that in the human psyche.

Also, we recently (relatively) had a poster who asserted that he knows Kan personally (if I'm not mistaken -- my apologies if I am, I don't remember exactly if "personally" was mentioned) and that Kan is a wonderful master of great integrity who has nothing to do with Max, that Max wrongfully exploits Kan's name while Kan's real teachers are someone entirely else and Max and kunlun gave him nothing, and so on. So there you have another version of the story circulating out there. So now again we have two conflicting stories, right?.. Which one of the two seems more plausible to you though, the story "about Kan by someone who asserts he knows him" or the story Kan himself tells?.. One of them is a lie. But then if it is Kan who is lying, then the true story the other person is telling also can't be true -- for how can a wonderful master of great integrity who is not Max's student lie through his teeth saying he is?.. See, it gets complicated, like a sophism... "a man from Crete asserts that all Cretans are liars, is he telling the truth?"rolleyes.gif

I think you are refering to this post.

http://www.thetaobum...post__p__219247

...ahhh the story of their meeting is kinda consistent with the article that Seti place did with him.

I wonder though why an interview about Kan is particularly focussed on Max... doesn't he (Kan) have other things to share? ...oh I see it is a promo vid...

Edited by -O-

I wonder though why an interview about Kan is particularly focussed on Max... doesn't he (Kan) have other things to share? ...oh I see it is a promo vid...

Sad to see the derision to substance ratio of your posts weighing more to one side recently.

Sad to see the derision to substance ratio of your posts weighing more to one side recently.

Is it really derision?... I actually thought I was clearing up a misconception that someone said Kan didn`t know max (and posted the actually reference instead of more heresay) and also that I found his explaination of how he met him to be consistent in the vid and in other articles I've read..... hummmm, filters? Sorry if my posts have little substance, perhaps one man's substance is another man's fodder.

Seth, Kan tells the story later in the video. He doesn't meet Max with the shaman. The shaman just tells Kan that he will meet someone important to him in Japan.

I heard the story from Max and he told it the same way.

Another Kunlun misunderstanding... :wacko:

• Like 1

Another Kunlun misunderstanding... :wacko:

Or theatrical admission that the story is never nearly as important as we think :lol: ?

I wonder if Max and crew aren't just playing with this stuff. I mean it wouldn't be the first time that someone claimed some kind of mythological rights to something to support their own narrative.

Do people worry that certain books don't elaborate on the "facts" further than stating them as if they were the case, or corroborate different people's perspectives? Not thinking of the bible at all, yet so many swear on it. Now THAT IMO is some cause for concern...how can you swear on a text you haven't read??? But I digress...

Hey, wouldn't it have been very cool if the TTB's was up and running at the time of Jesus or Mohammed or whoever :lol:

"Nah, man, that dude's a fake. He says he levitates and all that sh8it" Don't believe the hype"