Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

An average tao bums day?

So i was wondering what an average taobum day looks like? You know at what times do you practice, When do you get up eat sleep.that sort of stuff.

For me i get up around nonish and go to bed around 1 amish.

My day does not really have a schedule i eat and stuff when i am hungry and such.

My pracitce includes doing 30 minuts of a qigong form i developed.

I dont meditate that often but when i do i usually do it for about 2 hours at a whack. I would say i do the 2 hour meditate about once every 2 weeks.

But that is basicaly what my day looks like.

What about yours?

I am trying to establish a new schedule right now.

One day of physical exercise

One day of working outside on various projects

Ond day of spontaneous living.

My sleeping hours are screwed up right now where I am waking too early in the morning because I am going to bed too early.

I do try to plan the exercise and outside work but just let the day off happen as ever it does.

Meditation is never scheduled. I do that only when needed. (I feel fortunate that I haven't needed that recently.)

So i was wondering what an average taobum day looks like? You know at what times do you practice, When do you get up eat sleep.that sort of stuff.

For me i get up around nonish and go to bed around 1 amish.

My day does not really have a schedule i eat and stuff when i am hungry and such.

My pracitce includes doing 30 minuts of a qigong form i developed.

I dont meditate that often but when i do i usually do it for about 2 hours at a whack. I would say i do the 2 hour meditate about once every 2 weeks.

But that is basicaly what my day looks like.

What about yours?

So,

0530 Up, and stumble half-comatose towards the coffee machine, while stepping on assorted toys and cars, and sometimes, my son.

0745, After a prolonged "getting dressed, and ready" session with the son, I'm off to kindergarten. H

0830/0900, Heart pounding, I fall into my office chair, trying to compose myself, and revel in the first short silence of the day. You can call that practice.

Noon, I actually sneak in a little meditation at work, while "working through lunch".

1530; heart pounding, I run to pick up son, run to get groceries (we don't have a car) and end up eating dinner in a cortisol-haze.

1930: I might get the chance to slip in a 30-60 min practice, that completely or partially makes up for the day.

21/22; Its "relationship" time, and that's where all the practice is needed and actualized.

2400; Some fleeting moments as my head falls towards the pillow where I'm actually without thought, and eagerly await unconsciousness.

Well it feels cleansing to get it out there...

What my main practice is about is ongoing; self inquiry. Nowadays the question is

"Who or What cannot find the coffee, and feels panic?"

h

I woke up between 8:30 and 9:30.

I do 15 min microcosmit circulation in half lotus.

Then breakfast and I go to work or to the university.

When I'm in the underground I do emptyness meditation.

I try to be conscious of unbalanced moments, I try to observe my emotions/feelings

and not to follow them.

I eat every 3-4 hours, vegetables, fruits and some cereals.

Between 18 and 20 I do whether kung fu or strength training.

After that I have a protein meal.

Before going to bed I do another 15min microcosmit circulation in half lotus.

wake up sunrise...tea, then 45 mins haaha or kriya spinal pranayama (alternates day to day, and i allow myself 1 day off a week)

then vowel mantras and some mula bhanda.

then eat and thensome chores (firewood etc).

Late morning - Kuji-in - 10 minutes.

read, write, surf the web, art, work land, go to town, etc.

Evening, around sunset, 30 minute meditation.....(nil point, and then it can get a little qabalistic).

eat, enjoy the evening, sleep early, and note to "wake up in dreams."

:)

I am up at 6:30, do some Flying Phoenix seated meds, stretching, warm-ups, Tai Chi form. Brows around online for a bit, shower, make spirulina/maca/MSM drink.

Head out on my bike and ride around town for a while before heading into work. Work, eat, laugh, play (all possible while at work :-)

Ride bike home. Make dinner for wife and I, maybe go out for a walk through town, or listen to a band, or take photos.

Sit down to relax. Brows around online, watch some NCIS, have some desert.

Some Tai Chi/Qigong before bed.

Lights out! :-)

I've been enjoying readin about everyone's schedules, here is mine ....

wake up in the morning, take a warm to hot shower to wake up and get the funk off.

do 8 brocades for roughly 20 min

some form of sitting meditation, either inner smile / healing sounds, and/or cold draw/ MCO, and/or reverse adbominal breathing.

have tea or coffee

usually by lunch time or the afternoon a speicif issues has arisen which needs my focused attention, for example if I find myself worrying too much I'll focus on doing the spleen inner smile and healing sound.

in the evening if I feel its necessary I'll do the cold draw and/or abdominal breathing again

My weekdays are occupied really but my weekends are always like this:

upon waking up in the morning=1 hour of full lotus

then I eat breakfast, play pc games or do planning for about 2 hours

then another hour

then I'll wander around our farm, or watch self-improvement videos etc for god knows how long

another hour

then I'll eat dinner, play computer

then another hour before I go to bed.

meditation is an acquired taste but once you're hooked, you will be. for life.

one thing i just HAVE to mention -once you reach a certain state of consciousness, all experiences from nature get multiplied. watching the sun rise from twilight to dawn, you feel an incredible oneness with nature. you feel the leaves and grass wake up both outside and inside of you, the chickens moving around but at the same time dance inside, a complete stopping of thought, and the bliss of oneness with the earth. sometimes I feel we are the most blessed among all people to have these experiences.

Eh what the hell I'll put mine to :lol:

Wake up (anywhere between 6 am and 2 pm :P )

Run roughly 1 to 3 miles on an empty stomach (that's my norm right now).

Normally meditate right after I run, then eat.

(at about 9 am, breakfast) Stir fry spinach/broccoli/celery, possibly carrots, and eggplants aswell. Drink a bottle of water with that, or vegetable juice, or green tea.

Go on the computer and watch a couple of my youtube subscriptions, mainly theyoungturks (independant news).

after that probably play some starcraft.

Next meal after that (May workout before or after that meal).

Then I pretty much either read over a chi kung/nei kung book or other.. Listen to porcupine tree, do research, maybe meditate again and then sleep.

The next day is roughly the same.

This is interesting :D I'll give it shot. I'm currently unemployed so this is a rough outline of my weekdays.

Morning-Wake up at 7am, wake up lazy brother and tell him to shower. Wake up mom and make some breakfast and coffee.(I don't eat till later on when I exercise)

Drive brother to school,drive back home.

Come home to an empty house. Wash dishes and clean up a bit.Do calisthenics for about 45mins. Eat 3 eggs with a couple pieces of bread. Go on laptop, waste some time, learn some new things, go on the tao bums XD.

Noon-Still on laptop XD, eat some fruits. Drink lots of water. Clean some more. Shower.

3pm- pick up brother, come home.

The rest of the night I may read, go on the computer, meditate,cook dinner, who knows whatever happens happens. I try not to eat after six and go to sleep before 10pm(thanks Gerard for that tip). The weather's getting cold up here so no more biking(brother lost it on a drunk mission -_-) or just going for walks, I'm mostly home bound now a days.

Oh yeah and thanks to Scotty for writing something about becalm balls on a thread. I bought them and they are fantastic, I'm slowly incorporating them into my daily practice. Thanks deewwd.

Sign in to follow this