Sign in to follow this  
宁

The Inner Engine - Project!

11 members have voted

1. 1. What helps you keep a daily practice routine?

• Will power
    • Love
    • Curiosity
    • Warrior spirit
    • Intent
    • Inspiration/imagination
  2. 2. What is the dominant element in your chart?

• Wood
    • Fire
    • Earth
    • Metal
    • Water

Some of us do it by using sheer will power.

Yet not many are that fortunate to inherit enough Zhi, kidney element, water.

Everytime we use will, we tax our kidney.

Some of us have the reserves, some of us don't, and have to consider using a different approach.

What got me starting this poll was an intuition i had late during the night, that the inconsecvence of practitioners can be corrected if they understand what can move them to practice - because of the natal element chart, everyone is different...

Most of the traditions strongly affirm you need strong will power.

Do we really?

If we do, there are practices that can strenghten the Zhi spirit.

But what if we can do it our own individual way, with what we already have?...

This is a long shot, I'd like to ask you if you please want to comment your votes above, to help me make some general statistic.

Also comments are very welcomed, regarding the original idea.

Please share..

L1

PS: The choises in the first question of the poll are not complete and thorough, please add in your comments what other sources you find in your own practice.

Thank you so much!

:)

Edited by Little1

I'm not sure what drives me to practice. I just feel a strong "pull" to do so. My effort is effortless.

-Every since a kid i've had a drive for "Self Mastery or Development", not sure why, nor do i know how this would fit into the options you've posted.

-I don't know how to determine my dominant element perhaps you could explain that?

Edited by Tao Apprentice

it's done by some simple calculation, there are quite a few websites on the internet that can offer you a natal chart diagram for free... just google chinese astrology online.

Agreed about how will can tax us from first-hand experience, not just for practice but in everyday life tasks, though I'm less certain about its effects on the kidneys.

I can't say one element over another: Hun, will-power, routine/habit, negative reinforcement, logic, self-esteem, inner drive... To me what matters more is that it works. Bhakti is a broad enough term that encompasses all that in practical terms while creating positive feedback with your practice or way of life.

Some of us do it by using sheer will power.

Yet not many are that fortunate to inherit enough Zhi, kidney element, water.

Everytime we use will, we tax our kidney.

Some of us have the reserves, some of us don't, and have to consider using a different approach.

What got me starting this poll was an intuition i had late during the night, that the inconsecvence of practitioners can be corrected if they understand what can move them to practice - because of the natal element chart, everyone is different...

Most of the traditions strongly affirm you need strong will power.

Do we really?

If we do, there are practices that can strenghten the Zhi spirit.

But what if we can do it our own individual way, with what we already have?...

This is a long shot, I'd like to ask you if you please want to comment your votes above, to help me make some general statistic.

Also comments are very welcomed, regarding the original idea.

Please share..

L1

PS: The choises in the first question of the poll are not complete and thorough, please add in your comments what other sources you find in your own practice.

Thank you so much!

:)

Hi Little1 !

I feel the prime factor for me is one of

cultivating my Love of all as part of Tao.

It is very transformational to accept everything as

part of the Way. And to feel your place is as is

meant to be, all the changes and paths open to you.

WE are Free and in flow.

Distinctions are lost within the wholeness that is Tao.

Peace and understanding!

This is practically a project, and i'd like to invite as many as possible to add their 2 pence to it...

The name of the project is... The Internal Engine.

When I reffer to the will to practice, I don't mean casual practice, but actually a kind of practice that is evolutionary, in a sense that it makes you break your own limits, and test your dedication in a more, ehm... serious way.

The kind of practice that you add daily to.

That is challenging in more than one way.

The idea of the internal engine is as follows:

- we have the inner spirits, each of them is temporary in command during the day.

- if we know how to act in our relationship with each of them, we can get their support. this may happen whether we're talking about the strongest or the weakest.

- if this works as planned, each of them would be able to feel inside you the necessity to practice...

I hope i made some sense.

L1

The dominant element (or as I usually prefer to call it, phase of qi) in your chart simply determines what particular family (of phases) you are born into, i.e. which phases are in which family relationships to you. Much like in your actual family, the bare basics are determined by where you appear in space-time in relation to your blood relatives: you are born someone's son, someone's grandson, and so on, and this position you find yourself in in relation to your blood relatives only tells you who is whose mother, father, son, grandmother and so on, in this family. Your personal place in a particular family is what your "dominant phase" means. It is simply a relational positioning that determines once and for all that you are your mother's son rather than your mother's grandfather. In and of itself, it tells you nothing else.

So with the Five Phases, it is exactly the same. When an online calculator informs you of your dominant phase, e.g. Fire, all it means is that you are, in terms of your phase of qi, born into a particular family of phases, one where you are Wood's child, Water's grandchild, Earth's parent, Metal's grandparent. Whereas if your dominant phase is Metal, it means that you are born into a different kind of family, one where you're Earth's child, Fire's grandchild, Water's parent, Wood's grandparent.

To determine anything else, you need to analyze your chart, i.e. consult a bazi reader, not just run the dates through a calculator... :)

Sign in to follow this