Stigweard

My Resignation as a Moderator

With the events and circumstances of late it has become obvious to me that I cannot in all conscience maintain my position as a moderator.

I won't go into minute detail of the reasons behind my decision, enough to say that my views on what is fair and accountable in terms of moderation is incompatible with elements within the moderation team.

This is truly the most saddest and disappointing moment for me with my involvement with TaoBums.

Regards

Stigweard

With the events and circumstances of late it has become obvious to me that I cannot in all conscience maintain my position as a moderator.

I won't go into minute detail of the reasons behind my decision, enough to say that my views on what is fair and accountable in terms of moderation is incompatible with elements within the moderation team.

This is truly the most saddest and disappointing moment for me with my involvement with TaoBums.

Regards

Stigweard

Stigweard, I am sorry to hear of your decision.

You were in a damned if you do, damned if you

don't, situation. Flow like water...

I do look forward to reading more of your posts to

learn more from you. Wish you the best.

Peace and understanding.

Hi Stig,

I've been scarce lately but I stumbled on this. You're a good person and whatever went down, I'm sure that hasn't changed.

Sorry to see this is causing you pain. I'm there if you ever need to chat.

Be well,

Steve

• Like 3

It's unfortunate that such a situation has come to pass.

-I hope you continue to post and be a part of TTB. Your presence and knowledge is much appreciated.

-Peace

Regards

Stigweard

Hi Stigweard.

Have seen some ripples, not dived in to learn any particulars.

Sincerely hope your disappointment turns into appreciation

real soon. I believe i remember voting for you as moderator,

now perhaps you will feel good about this opportunity to

"frequent the forum like any regular member - or not as you wish ".

:) <3 please forgive me for commenting

Edited by rain

For what is worth, I didn't agree with the idea of volonteer mods, yet long term results show you guys were right and I was wrong.

Stig, sorry to see this, man.

L1

• Like 1

A lot of upheaval happening on a global scale. Its no different here. Must be the fall season.

I think it took some courage to come to this decision. Your contributions have been very insightful to many here. Its my feeling that there will be clamors for your return to the Mod team fairly soon. Whether or not you will return is entirely dependent on how things will unfold from now on, both within the membership and within your own heart. If there is closure, i do not see why your return would not be greatly celebrated. After all, a bit of space created, albeit imposed upon, often put things into perspective.

Its a noble gesture. Nothing to be sad about.

(Not sure if this is going to be any direct consolation, but Ireland's government has collapsed, mainly due to bad judgement calls made and duping the public with regards to the realities of the economic shambles the country is truly in. Two years to set records straight, and they simply could not admit to their botched decisions and lack of integrity. In this case, i think not a single person here will ever wish the present Prime Minister good luck and happy retirement from politics...)

A lot of upheaval happening on a global scale. Its no different here. Must be the fall season.

I think it took some courage to come to this decision. Your contributions have been very insightful to many here. Its my feeling that there will be clamors for your return to the Mod team fairly soon. Whether or not you will return is entirely dependent on how things will unfold from now on, both within the membership and within your own heart. If there is closure, i do not see why your return would not be greatly celebrated. After all, a bit of space created, albeit imposed upon, often put things into perspective.

Its a noble gesture. Nothing to be sad about.

(Not sure if this is going to be any direct consolation, but Ireland's government has collapsed, mainly due to bad judgement calls made and duping the public with regards to the realities of the economic shambles the country is truly in. Two years to set records straight, and they simply could not admit to their botched decisions and lack of integrity. In this case, i think not a single person here will ever wish the present Prime Minister good luck and happy retirement from politics...)

Winter

The time for Resting, Healing.

Becoming ready for Spring !

My link

Hi Stig,

But you are going to remain active as a regular member, right?

Afterall, I do need someone to help me mess with Vaj.

No more words. Evolution rules.

Regards

Stigweard

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT!!!!?????

Regards

Stigweard

Hi Stig,

It might have become clear to you, but not to us.

I personally value transparency especially in the way a community of any size is governed. So i think it would be a good thing if how you feel the community should be moderated and how the other moderators feel the community should be moderated should be out in the open. Without that decision I do not know what to expect out of your resignation.

In any case I join everybody else in supporting you as a member, and asking you not to leave taobums completely.

Pietro

Regards

Stigweard

This does not bode well for the moderation at TaoBums. If a person of your character feels the need to resign, there most likely has to be something wrong with the other moderators. However, in the absence of real information, that's just a guess. And it might be a bad guess too.

I'd love to know what happened exactly. I hate all this secrecy bullshit. We hate when politicians meet behind the closed doors and yet we do it on a small scale everywhere we go. How stupid are we? How can we want our political leaders to be more transparent if we can't even run a simple forum in a transparent manner?

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 1

Winter

The time for Resting, Healing.

Becoming ready for Spring !

My link

Well its summertime in this part of the world. Almost 40 degrees (celcius) today ,might go for a dip down the beach or go for a walk, no fall here & tropical weather all year round.

Cheers :)

Well its summertime in this part of the world. Almost 40 degrees (celcius) today ,might go for a dip down the beach or go for a walk, no fall here & tropical weather all year round.

Cheers :)

I am green with jealousy its bloody freezing here with snow on the way tonight.

Hi Stig,

As I also just said to Mal, I am sorry that certain individuals have managed to bully you to the point of wanting to quit. I think it is a real shame and I fear that TTB will suffer because of this. Thanks for helping keeping this site sane till now.

Be well.

This does not bode well for the moderation at TaoBums. If a person of your character feels the need to resign, there most likely has to be something wrong with the other moderators. However, in the absence of real information, that's just a guess. And it might be a bad guess too.

I'd love to know what happened exactly. I hate all this secrecy bullshit. We hate when politicians meet behind the closed doors and yet we do it on a small scale everywhere we go. How stupid are we? How can we want our political leaders to be more transparent if we can't even run a simple forum in a transparent manner?

I agree I always thought you are the kindest person, More for less moderation, and more people. And you seem to care about freedom of speech. So scary that you are stepping down...

Moderation always pulls down a forum, I have seen it happen so many times... Your a sweet heart...blush.gif

Take care Melanie

P.S. I remember when they started moderation on here, I made a thread about how it would hurt the forum. I hate this. It was much better without...

I agree I always thought you are the kindest person, More for less moderation, and more people. And you seem to care about freedom of speech. So scary that you are stepping down...

Moderation always pulls down a forum, I have seen it happen so many times... Your a sweet heart...blush.gif

Take care Melanie

P.S. I remember when they started moderation on here, I made a thread about how it would hurt the forum. I hate this. It was much better without...

Ditto

The Iggy Button is much beter -

It lets every individual be their own moderator.

• Like 1

:D

Heya folks,

Cheers for the comments made here.

I'd like to make it very clear that, though I had heated discussions with a couple of the other moderators, my main issue, as it turns out, was not really "with" any of the other moderators. Neither has my decision been overly influenced by those whom some are calling "bullies". The people who have been raising concerns are well in their right to do so and it's an indication of how damn wonderful this forum is that they have. Truth be known I actually agree with many of the statements made.

No, the main reasons for my decision to resign comes from the fundamental intent and direction that the moderation team was created on and the responsibility for this finds its way squarely back in Sean's lap. The way a tree grows depends on how the seed was sown and the results we have seen on the board recently find their root back to how the moderation team was formed and propagated.

Sean knows how I feel about this and I have confidence in his integrity that he will respond appropriately.

There is one thing I really want to say.

I think Mal is perhaps the most lovable chap I have ever known. If he has any fault at all its that he cares too much. He has generously given to this forum in ways far beyond what many of us could or would do.

Though he can be a bloody stubborn block-head in sticking to what he believes in, I really couldn't have more respect for another person like I do for Mal. I think one of the greatest travesties of what has occurred is that it's been quite awhile since I have had the pleasure of seeing the happy-go-easy delightful posts with which Mal would often grace the board.

As a final note it really needs to be said that this is all just a creation of human imperfection. Not a single one of us can say that we operate on TaoBums with a heart and mind spotlessly free of "issues". Sean's imperfections created a ripple, the moderator's imperfections (mine included) continued that ripple and added more to it, and the member's imperfections added even more cross-waves until we have the mini-tidal wave we have seen.

It's nobody's "fault", and yet it is everybody's "fault".

Every person involved, without exception, was acting out of the united belief of how amazing this forum is and the desire to preserve and nurture the spirit of TaoBums. Sometimes when we are hammering away at each others words we can forget this and wrongly see enemies when in truth we are all fighting for the same thing, I know I am guilty of this.

There are no enemies amongst us, there is no "us and them", we are all just a bunch of bums floundering our way through the wilderness, trying to make sense of it all, and yet united by the fact that we are all in this together.

I believe this "togetherness", that each of us contributes to, is where the real spirit of TaoBums lies and it is with that same "togetherness" that we will work our way through the current turbulence and co-create ways and means to make our participation with TaoBums even more enjoyable and rewarding.

• Like 7

Heya folks,

I'd like to make it very clear that, though I had heated discussions with a couple of the other moderators, my main issue, as it turns out, was not really "with" any of the other moderators. Neither has my decision been overly influenced by those whom some are calling "bullies". The people who have been raising concerns are well in their right to do so and it's an indication of how damn wonderful this forum is that they have. Truth be known I actually agree with many of the statements made.

No, the main reasons for my decision to resign comes from the fundamental intent and direction that the moderation team was created on and the responsibility for this finds its way squarely back in Sean's lap. The way a tree grows depends on how the seed was sown and the results we have seen on the board recently find their root back to how the moderation team was formed and propagated.

Sean knows how I feel about this and I have confidence in his integrity that he will respond appropriately.

I think Mal is perhaps the most lovable buffoon of a man I have ever known. If he has any fault at all its that he cares too much. He has generously given to this forum in ways far beyond what many of us could or would do.

Though he can be a bloody stubborn block-head in sticking to what he believes in, I really couldn't have more respect for another person like I do for Mal. I think one of the greatest travesties of what has occurred is that it's been quite awhile since I have had the pleasure of seeing the happy-go-easy delightful posts with which Mal would often grace the board.

As a final note it really needs to be said that this is all just a creation of human imperfection. Not a single one of us can say that we operate on TaoBums with a heart and mind spotlessly free of "issues". Sean's imperfections created a ripple, the moderator's imperfections (mine included) continued that ripple and added more to it, and the member's imperfections added even more cross-waves until we have the mini-tidal wave we have seen.

Every person involved, without exception, was acting out of the united belief of how amazing this forum is and the desire to preserve and nurture the spirit of TaoBums. Sometimes when we are hammering away at each others words we can forget this and wrongly see enemies when in truth we are all fighting for the same thing, I know I am guilty of this.

There are no enemies amongst us, there is no "us and them", we are all just a bunch of bums floundering our way through the wilderness, trying to make sense of it all, and yet united by the fact that we are all in this together.

I believe this "togetherness" that each of us contributes to is where the real spirit of TaoBums lies and it is with that same "togetherness" that we will work our way through the current turbulence and co-create ways and means to make our participation with TaoBums even more enjoyable and rewarding.

An Excellent Closure!

Heya folks,

I think Mal is perhaps the most lovable buffoon of a man I have ever known. If he has any fault at all its that he cares too much. He has generously given to this forum in ways far beyond what many of us could or would do.

I believe this "togetherness" that each of us contributes to is where the real spirit of TaoBums lies and it is with that same "togetherness" that we will work our way through the current turbulence and co-create ways and means to make our participation with TaoBums even more enjoyable and rewarding.

Stigweard...

A gentleman and a scholar of the Tao.

Well said.

Life is nothing if not a series of unending changes,

it's up to us to accept them and continue moving forward.

Peace!

• Like 2

Nice! _/\_

I think one of the greatest travesties of what has occurred is that it's been quite awhile since I have had the pleasure of seeing the happy-go-easy delightful posts with which Mal would often grace the board.

Agreed. But I'd also say you have had a decline in how much you post too Stigweard. Both cases are a shame.