Sign in to follow this  
goldisheavy

Stan Lee's Superhumans

I was going to watch that series but the first one I looked at I just couldn't handle. Never went back to watch any others.

Thanks for the heads up, gold. It's a good show! I especially liked the testing they did for the mind power guy.

You mean the magnetic guy? That was pretty weird, eh? And his story sounds similar to Magneto's story from X-Men. I also liked Dennis Rogers and Bob Munden (fastest gun slinger) from other episodes. Bob is not that young anymore too, and he's incredible. Also the guy who dived from 30 feet into 12 inches of water. :) Lots of weird stuff. I've seen a lot of this stuff before outside the show, but some of it is new to me. Who would think to dive into 12 inches of water? That seems crazy.

I like it, it more just shows the potentials of humans. I mean often there are just people who conditioned themselves well enough to do these things.. While the people often born with them aren't all that superhuman.

Except for the guy with amazing power, I liked that one.

There was also an episode with someone who obviously developed his skill through a type of yoga and breathe work. He only mentioned that once.. But the rest of it was just shown as mystical.. Without really explaining the origins of his ability to resist pain, and not bleed.

I remember seeing a yogic do the same thing with a sword while scientists studied him. The sword going right through his torso.

This guy put stuff through his arms mostly though. He obviously used chi though.. They should really emphasize on things people can WORK on, rather then be born with it and still imply they're a freak.

This guy put stuff through his arms mostly though. He obviously used chi though.. They should really emphasize on things people can WORK on, rather then be born with it and still imply they're a freak.

I agree. I've researched some of these guys well before the show appeared, like Dennis Rogers for example. And Dennis always emphasized training. He never said something like, "I'm born with it." In fact he has students who do similar things as he does.

I agree the show is stupid when they mention "genes." By this time I just automatically discard such nonsense, but it will affect other people negatively who will actually believe in genes. There are no genes to hold us back. It's all about training.

Sign in to follow this