dragonfire

Hermit Video

I talked to him awhile back and he sent this response:

"No, my friend, you do not bother my meditations. Actually, it´s been almost weeks that I was not medtitating as much as I do usually. I am in the capital of bolivia, a city, in the house of my friend. He asked me to help him to make alcoholic drinks like vodka and rom and others - he has his enterprise and I knew him from before.

But I´m looking forward to go back to the jungle, the mountains because I miss time with myself.

Why do I choose to continue on this plane while I can leave it? It´s not a question that´s easy to answer. Actually, this name I have now - Dolama - could be the answer. Dolama is tibetan diety, a feminie aspect of buddha, tara - the mother of compassion. I could have left for the caves in the himalayas. I was offered a lama name - I could have stayed in tibetan monasteries. I could simply leave this world, cease to exist here and simply go. Not to another world - I do not need other worlds. To me all the worlds are the same now. You are right ..., this one is really limitated and there are worlds that are full of bliss, friendship and freedom, sun.... but I came from there. I chose to be born in this world to uplift consciousness of human beings. I was not so happy to be born here knowing that this world is no fun at all - people are blind and ignorant, there´s so many nonsence like laws and states, countries, all the limitations. All you can do and not, all you can be and not. I wasn´t very happy when I chose to be born here. I did it more of responsibility. There are souls that are born here to teach and to help humanity to transcend but it is a sacrifice - it´s like going to live in a tribe of monkeys.

This is what my memories tell me. Memories of my past, memories of my past lives and experiences. But now I do not belong to those memories anymore. I can simply go. Not return to the places I visited before - I do not need other worlds, I do not need other experiences. I can simply go. Dissolve, leave my individuality, leave my soul or spirit. Simply merge with the all and be.

But it happens that you are searching for this freedom, this answer, this reality or enlightenment for lifetimes, milions of lifetimes. And even more because there´s no such thing as time. Aeons of experiences you are searching your way out of your prison. And you are so mad in your search that you cannot see the doors that are right here.

But... when you wake up, you find the doors open you can go. You are happy, you are free. You say ¨now I will go¨ but a strange feeling comes to you. You realize that you´ve been here, in this cell for such a long time. And now you can go. You think to yourself ¨I´ve been here for so long that I cannot even remember, now I can go. But... let me stay for 5 minutes more - now that I can go, now that I am free, my search had finished - I´m happy. There´s no hurry to run from this prison. At the same time I see other beings, other souls that are still searching for the way out. Okay, I know they will not listen to me - I can point them the doors out but they will not be able to leave yet. But... I will stay here for awhile. I will simply see those people living their lives and I will be among them even though I do not belong here anymore - I´m not a slave anymore. I will be like a king undercover - I will simply stay here for a few moments. Now that I´ve found the doors and I can go and I know I will never come back why not stay with those people I´ve known for lifetimes and lifetimes? Just for awhile and when I´m fed up I will go.

YOu realize your freedom and you become free even though you decide to continue for awhile in this world. You still have your body and this body is subject to laws of this world and people still can kill you but, in fact, you are not the body anymore - it´s just your vehicle. So, while to the eyes of the other people you look like a ordinary mortal, you know your freedom, you do not have limitations.

with rearlization indivitual ceases to exist. He becomes all and at the same time nothing. Entire universe, entire existence - at the same time nothing. Not being indivitual ¨I¨ anymore he is free. He becomes love itself, life itself, reality and illusion itself.

So this is why I am still here. At the same time I´m not here anymore. I do not belong here. People do not see that but I do not care about it - I simply move, smile and there´s nothing more for me, nothing to gain, to expect, nothing to loose.

I am and at the same time I am not.

simply being. The essence

so these are my spontaneous words my brother

dolama"

You choose To Live - Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hermit1yoga#p/u/99/qy4UjWFsRQc

You choose To Live - Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hermit1yoga#p/u/98/zi4KgikmvHs

Edited by dragonfire

I think he achieved enlightenment.

He says he's not enlightened in this video.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

I could probably do a spontaneous impression of him and pull the same things he's saying out of my head. Sincere? Maybe. Deluded? Probably. The fact that he's a stoner brings him down quite a few notches. Seems like a wanna be yogi. Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

P.S., I'm not sucked in by the slavic accent, either. If he talked like an Californian, he wouldn't have any followers. GIH, I'm surprised you like him.

P.S., Youngsters, listen to some Ram Dass to hear real wisdom rather than ramblings.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I could probably do a spontaneous impression of him and pull the same things he's saying out of my head. Sincere? Maybe. Deluded? Probably. The fact that he's a stoner brings him down quite a few notches. Seems like a wanna be yogi. Not impressed. Not impressed at all.

P.S., I'm not sucked in by the slavic accent, either. If he talked like an Californian, he wouldn't have any followers. GIH, I'm surprised you like him.

P.S., Youngsters, listen to some Ram Dass to hear real wisdom rather than ramblings.

Ram Dass, otherwise known as richard alpert.

I have many fond memories of reading "grist for the mill".

And just being amazed by the spectacular-ness of "be here now".!

Ram Dass...wow...takes me back!

Peace!

Don't think he has any followers, and he doesn't seem to be selling anything. Just think he's some guy recording his insights and experiences.

-He seems sincere.

-Interesting video/perspective.

Edited by Tao Apprentice

Ram Dass, otherwise known as richard alpert.

I have many fond memories of reading "grist for the mill".

And just being amazed by the spectacular-ness of "be here now".!

Ram Dass...wow...takes me back!

Peace!

I was talking with a friend who is about 7 years older than I am, and we talked about "Be Here Now". Back then, there weren't the hundreds of thousands of spiritual books around like today. 'Be Here Now' was released in a relative vacuum, there had never been anything else like it, and consciousness was expanding with the early LSD use and talk of Love and Unity. It was pretty much the only spiritual manual out there for the Generation, and it had an enormous impact. Many, many early psychedelic explorers 'got the message and hung up the phone' as Alan Watts used to say and embarked into yoga, service Hinduism, Buddhism, Sufism and all manner of Spiritual expression that continues today. Seems hard to think that there wasn't always a crowded field of teachers, books, authors, gurus, etc.

• Like 1

What service is he doing to society aside from rambling on YT?

I am not trying to be disrespectful to him, but it is too easy to show the world here I am and this is what I think rather than quietly doing meaningful things without having to gather hundreds around you unless it is done to help those in need and without asking anything in return.

Re-read Opening the Dragon Gate and you'll see how the three old Daoists behaved when dealing with the villagers they met in rural China.

Anyway an enlightened being doesn't need to prove anything to anybody in public, others will know if they are when they come across them in person.

Too many masters, too little enlightenment.

I think he's making videos more for himself

I like to write things down when I think to help me meditate sometimes

He has been traveling a lot and I wonder where he might be now

Crazy mountain

What service is he doing to society aside from rambling on YT?

I am not trying to be disrespectful to him, but it is too easy to show the world here I am and this is what I think rather than quietly doing meaningful things without having to gather hundreds around you unless it is done to help those in need and without asking anything in return.

Re-read Opening the Dragon Gate and you'll see how the three old Daoists behaved when dealing with the villagers they met in rural China.

Anyway an enlightened being doesn't need to prove anything to anybody in public, others will know if they are when they come across them in person.

Too many masters, too little enlightenment.

Geez Gerard, way to be a prick.

I have watched this guys videos for awhile. He doesn't have a following, he's just a lone ascetic that travels and takes videos and puts them on youtube...many of which i have found insightful and helpful. Nor does he ask for money or market himself to his viewers.

You act like everyone who walks the path should be trying to save the world? And if they do otherwise their worthless? He gives his knowledge and experiences away for free...isn't that of some value.

-My 2 cents, Peace

You act like everyone who walks the path should be trying to save the world?

That's the way all spiritual masters and saints acted in their lives, for love and compassion to humanity.

Why don't you start acting like that too? The best thing of all is: It's free, it won't hurt you and you'll make a difference. Step by step.

Instead of letting young souls "to make a lot of noise" via promoting themselves and their products using the media in order to satisfy their insatiable egos, to make money and control society, let's do the opposite:

Let's do good witout asking anything in return so we can all and rise the consciousness of humanity. Trust me, it works, people can perceive when someone is truly spiritual and is selflessly helping and teaching others. Humanity has lot faith in itself, it's morally corrupt and spiritually naked, let's show our fellow humans there is light at the end of the tunnel.

:)

All that is necessary, for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing."

~ Edmund Burke

Many people try and save the world and just make it worse, people like Christian missionaries and even people like George Bush and Tony Blair believed they were out to save the world. But I do find it strange why some masters refuse to actively try to improve the lot of humanity, I was reading recently about a highly realised Tibetan Buddhist Nun who many people begged for her teaching but she only taught formally on a couple of occasions saying that it wasn't necessary for her to teach any more, apparently even the Buddha himself didn't want to teach and had to be pursuaded, which makes me wonder why many of them are reluctant to try to help as many people as they possibly can whether they worry about doing more harm than good I don't know.

That's the way all spiritual masters and saints acted in their lives, for love and compassion to humanity.

Why don't you start acting like that too? The best thing of all is: It's free, it won't hurt you and you'll make a difference. Step by step.

~ Edmund Burke[/i]

Every individual whom has ever cultivated themselves whether they stay in society or not has benefited humanity directly or indirectly. Their very energy helps shift humanity to a higher consciousness. You don't need to be a healer or a guru to help the world.

The car mechanic whom practices cultivation helps all the people he comes in contact with just by his presence and the exchange of energy of a pleasant smile.

-Are there more direct ways? Yes, but not everyone wants to or needs to carry that cross. There are plenty of genuine teachers out there, people just need to feel the thirst of dissatisfaction and ignorance in order to motivate them towards a higher state of being.

My 2 cents, Peace