Mal

Lo-Fi Skin - better for printing

Hopefully I just re-activated the option to choose "lo-fi" skin from a dropdown for everyone in the far bottom left of the site. Try it out. Working for me and keeps quotes intact.

Sean

Reminds me of the old BBS when that was the internet.

Ohh good times.... remember YTALK I wasted ages chating to people on that, back in the 90's B)

Hopefully I just re-activated the option to choose "lo-fi" skin from a dropdown for everyone in the far bottom left of the site. Try it out. Working for me and keeps quotes intact.

Sean

Hello Mal and Sean,

The issue is when I tried to print the page it comes out as text with no quote squares or textual distinction for the quotes. I tried different browsers on my windows 7 and it is the same problem. I'm guessing if there is a code that was supposed to translate the quote code into proper html for printing then it is either not working or not there. I tried it with 2 other laptops, win 7 and xp but same prob.

In the previous version of TTB there was no problem with printing quotes intact whether it was hi-fi or lo-fi but now in the new version none of those work anymore, with all attempts to download, print or lo-fi I still get the same text output with no quotes so it's unreadable as it is.

So the problem is not the absence of Lo-Fi as much as it is the ability to print a readable version. I need to print to save my eyes and the time and the amount of tabs I keep. I'm sorry but I initially thought that re-enabling the Lo-Fi would help with printing but it turned out to be a separate problem.

But still with the Lo-Fi it is easier to read and to print the hard way by taking a screenshot of the entire thread using a firefox plugin called abduction then resizing width to A4 or letter (560 pts) then dragging and dropping the image to chromium or chrome and printing it. If it is a large thread then I need to set the post threshold to max. But still with this method the text loses quality after resizing the image. I'm sorry about digressing but this is what I had to go through to get a readable print. you're the expert so I highly appreciate your help, I just donated a sum to this site.

kind regards,

DE

Wow that post was like a tech support wet dream :lol: You even tested the problem across multiple platforms. Thanks.

I'm guessing if there is a code that was supposed to translate the quote code into proper html for printing then it is either not working or not there

I agree. I've had a bit of a look at some invision help boards but I'm not finding a lot of information regarding printing threads at the moment bu tI'll keep hunting.

I just donated a sum to this site.

Thank you _/\_