Sign in to follow this  
Tao of the Afro

Hello and an Inquiry

Hello. I'm going to be going by the moniker of Tao of the Afro on here. I'm what you might call a Christian Taoist. I appreciate Taoist concepts and can see the connection to my own beliefs.

As to the inquiry portion of the title, I'd like to get into qi gong or nei kung for both health reasons and to reach a heightened spiritual state(build up my energy and ascend I suppose). Would anybody mind passing some advice to me as to where to start? I'd like something a little more authentic than the "pay 399999999 dollars and learn to be immortal!" because I'd believe a sincere Taoist/spiritualist to be humble and not in it for monetary gain.

Tao of the Afro,

Welcome to you. A Christian Taoist should find a lot of things to discuss on here. I would suggest you look around on the discussion section for qi gong and nei gong (there is a search facility) - if you can't find anything interesting just post a new topic of your own. You are guaranteed some answers - but then you have to pick which one's resonate with you.

Cheers.

A.

I can only talk from my horizon.

If you want to get some free of charge advice with a theory and exercises, try Falun Dafa:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

http://www.falundafa.org/bul/audio-video/audiovideo_video.html

Observe that the main issue in Falun Dafa is xinxing(virtue, mind quality, tolerance, endurance etc) cultivation, and the exercises are just there to strengthen the effects.

Good luck!

Howdy and welcome aboard,

I started out working with Qigong using books and other resources that I found useful through libraries and such, so I never really ended up paying money to learn methods and techniques for cultivation practices. That said once I found resources that I really liked, I ended up buying the books I found useful as a signature of support for the authors and masters who worked on those resources.

Sign in to follow this