Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Cool Wudang Qigong on google video

very supple and graceful.

i'm going to enjoy making my own 'qi gong' in the future :D

The Essentials Of Wudang Taiji Quan

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...9481210&pl=true

This Master in the first video, his school looks sweet! It would cost only some 4 grand for 6 months of training in authentic Wu Dang qigong/neidan/whatever! Room and board included! I am finding out more details..

Edited by GrandTrinity

Damn, that is so cool. I would love to study there. And GrandTrinity, I think it's even cheaper than you are calculating. Those prices are Chinese Yuan. Single room tuition for 6 months is 5440 Chinese yuan which comes to around $680. :blink: Is that correct?

Sean

You forgot to multiply 5440 by 6 as that is the price per month, coming out to to $4,116 USD for 6 months Wudang training, room and board in China with real Master!

EMAIL FROM YAUN:

"Hi Jake:

I teach students individually during class, to personalize each one's practice. Then each student practices on their own. Right now, there are about 10 students.

We'll be putting some pictures of the rooms soon. The rooms can have an internet line. But there's also an internet bar downstairs.

Master Yuan"

bro... your making me agitated!

TM, Wudang, 4D, Healing Tao.... what is it man?

:P

haha cool, sean.

is it a good book?

i'm one of those people too.... but i am using CST principles to just cycle through my goals one at a time understanding that it's a lifetime of balance. its just way too chaotic otherwise and nothing gets done.

i understand Grand Trinity though, he is young and enthusiastic and more power to him!

i don't necessarily think zero in.... but make sure you are being productive at least and that progress is being made, regardless of how you make it.

buzzing from flower to flower can be great, as long as you are gathering the nectar along the way!

Oh yeah I'm all about the sweet nectar (kechari mudra/amrit)...

One teacher said to me when that sweet nectar flows there is no way you can test it and find a sugary substance scientificly, its just not the issue...

Of course the fact that it activate all the "rest and digest" (as opposed to "flight or fight") parasympathetic system is still a good subject for research perhaps...

Right now I am studying this stuff full time through a college which gives me freedom to design my own learning, now that I am able to document/be more grounded in my learning...

As that same teacher said, a member of the HT board Lama Michael Cornelious: Enlightenment and college degrees are a winning combo....

Edited by GrandTrinity

haha cool, sean.

is it a good book?

i'm one of those people too.... but i am using CST principles to just cycle through my goals one at a time understanding that it's a lifetime of balance. its just way too chaotic otherwise and nothing gets done.

i understand Grand Trinity though, he is young and enthusiastic and more power to him!

i don't necessarily think zero in.... but make sure you are being productive at least and that progress is being made, regardless of how you make it.

buzzing from flower to flower can be great, as long as you are gathering the nectar along the way!

Yeah, it's a great book. Really helped me clarify a lot about the style with which I approach my interests. It addresses the things you bring up here and many more ... even talks about the bee/flower/nectar metaphor at one point. :) I highly recommend this book for anyone who consistently finds themselves juggling many interests and loving them all.

Sean

... even talks about the bee/flower/nectar metaphor at one point. :)

i never cease to amaze myself by stating something that someone else has already written about.

i think i don't need to read anymore!

*carresses ego lovingly*

i never cease to amaze myself by stating something that someone else has already written about.

i think i don't need to read anymore!

*carresses ego lovingly*

:lol: I find you very intuitively creative and wise neimad.

Sean

:lol: I find you very intuitively creative and wise neimad.

Sean

:)

thanks bro.

half the time i'm not really sure what i'm talking about and words just tend to fly out of my mouth (or fingers) and then i hear what i am saying or read what i have written and i go "ahh wow, i get it". half the time when i'm having a discussion with someone it might seem as if i'm lecturing, but i'm really just teaching myself... it's kinda weird. i have all my insights through talking or writing. sometimes it's as if something else is talking and i'm just watching and nodding my head.

i'm very used to being mostly disregarded though, i'm young and people don't expect that i should know anything (and i'm cool with that. it's not really important to me at this moment for people to listen to me... i just talk cos i like the sound of my own voice hahaha and as i said i learn stuff from what i say).

ive been told by several different "psychics" (without me even asking) that i'll write books before anyone ever listens to me. i got no time to write at the moment, but i'm looking forward to the oppurtunity.

anyways i find you very intelligent and am really amazed at your ability to consume so much information out there, its pretty remarkable. i try, but i don't think i could even come close to getting through the same kind of volume you do.

hey... you live in san francisco bay area, right?

I know exactly what you mean... it's like the idea in your head is a diffuse cloud and as soon as you re-shape it into language, you realise that you understand so much more than you first thought... sometimes I read back stuff I've written and think - who the fuck wrote that? I think it is important, however, to sometimes leave those idea clouds as they are - because translating em into english removes some of the magic - I think the trick is to be able to take that cloud and represent it in different ways - by writing/speaking, by drawin/painting/sculpting/photoshoping, by poetry (which I'm trying out at the moment - I'm pretty abysmal though :rolleyes: ) music, movement (dance - freeform chi kung etc) - whatever - but then get back to the amorphous cloud... knowing that you can't pin it down but trusting that it has the capacity to create great insight for yourself and others.

cool bro.

:)

half the time i'm not really sure what i'm talking about and words just tend to fly out of my mouth (or fingers)

half the time when i'm having a discussion with someone it might seem as if i'm lecturing, but i'm really just teaching myself... it's kinda weird. i have all my insights through talking or writing.

This is so close to my experience as well neimad. For me though I am self-conscious that I come off like I want to aggressively argue or debate too often. But really I just get so excited when I passionately disagree with someone and I want to get to the bottom of why this is so. Why do I feel so strongly about this issue? And so I just intuitively gush from the top of my head, almost hoping a little that I am making glaring errors in philosophy so that the flaws in my spontaneous logic have a chance to be exposed and unraveled in friendly dialogue. I really push the limits of my perception and beliefs in this context and I learn so much from doing it. I think it works a little better in person though because my humility and sense of humor come through whereas online I'm afraid my tone comes across as if I am arrogant or posing as an expert. I don't consider myself an expert on anything at all.
anyways i find you very intelligent and am really amazed at your ability to consume so much information out there, its pretty remarkable. i try, but i don't think i could even come close to getting through the same kind of volume you do.

Thanks neimad. It's taken me years to develop a decent system for processing the amount of information I am driven to mowing through. I have some tricks and I'm planning on creating a little tutorial for fellow innovator types who love chewing through multiple topics at once but have difficulty keeping track of it all.

hey... you live in san francisco bay area, right?

Yup. Why you comin' out here? You can crash at Lezlie and I's place anytime dude. Any Tao Bum is welcome. :D

Sean

This is so close to my experience as well neimad. For me though I am self-conscious that I come off like I want to aggressively argue or debate too often. But really I just get so excited when I passionately disagree with someone and I want to get to the bottom of why this is so. Why do I feel so strongly about this issue? And so I just intuitively gush from the top of my head, almost hoping a little that I am making glaring errors in philosophy so that the flaws in my spontaneous logic have a chance to be exposed and unraveled in friendly dialogue. I really push the limits of my perception and beliefs in this context and I learn so much from doing it. I think it works a little better in person though because my humility and sense of humor come through whereas online I'm afraid my tone comes across as if I am arrogant or posing as an expert. I don't consider myself an expert on anything at all.

ditto that.

Yup. Why you comin' out here? You can crash at Lezlie and I's place anytime dude. Any Tao Bum is welcome. :D

Sean

well i intend to go for certification next year in CST (yeah you can groan if you like haha - but i want to make money doing something i like!!) and if i am going to the US i might as well stay a little while. i don't know much about america, but from what i do know the bay area is one place i really would like to visit.

so thanks for the offer! i'll be taking you up on it.... wont be for a while yet, but i'll let you know, count on it.

i'm tall, so couches are usually out for me, but i have no problem sleeping on the floor in all honesty. i went through a phase of sleeping straight on the floor in my room for a while.... but it was a little too dusty cos i am lazy to vacuum often.... now my mattress is on the floor though.

well i intend to go for certification next year in CST (yeah you can groan if you like haha - but i want to make money doing something i like!!) and if i am going to the US i might as well stay a little while. i don't know much about america, but from what i do know the bay area is one place i really would like to visit.

so thanks for the offer! i'll be taking you up on it.... wont be for a while yet, but i'll let you know, count on it.

No groan, I may go for CST cert as well. I mentioned I have a pass so I've thinking I may as well go for cert, but I'm not sure I will have patience to digest all of the CST-speak necessary to pass. I think if the test was on ability to perform alone I could do fine but I just am not really interested in having to learn all the tribe jargon to pass to be honest.

Sean

Sign in to follow this