everseeking

While I sleep, things awaken.

Hello all, I have experienced some REALLY weird things over the last few months-WHILE I SLEEP!! I'm going to share some of them here, in hopes that someone knows what's going on.

Okay, in chronological order.

Several months ago, I posted in a few threads where I was defending certain persons who are the stated leaders of certain (popular) 'energy' practices. Just a few weeks before I engaged in these posts, I had been prescribed a new medication to help me sleep-Ambien. When I first started taking Ambien, I had all sorts of trippy experiences as I drifted off to sleep each night. However, during the time that I was posting in these threads, I started having totally bizzare, and new 'experiences'.

Very often, but not every nite, I would take the medicine and go to bed. I could tell when it 'kicked in', because I would have tactile and auditory hallucinations. I experienced them like this-

*feeling as if a small animal (or presence) was moving up over the blankets on my bed. Very clearly felt. As clear as if a small kitten were moving (not really stepping) up your covers, over your legs.

*sensations of these things settling to a particular place on my body and 'sucking' at me-it felt like I have an energy field that these things were sucking it and'or feeding in it.

*sensation that a tiger sized/shaped presence moved up the bed and sprawled out on me, and was sort of breathing around the are of my face, like it was looking at me like a big friendly dog. (I kind of miss it!)

*sensation that smaller creatures were moving around my pillow-I could even hear the scratching at times, and feel it VERY clearly.

*sensation like I had spider webs on me, and a hand like presence was pulling them off.

*a very few times, I felt hands coming up through my bed and touching at my back.

all this would usually go on at once, and then I would drift off to sleep. Interestingly, I was never the least bit frightened, and used to look forward to it. I think the medication made me not care or be afraid.

I actually quit coming to TTB for a while, maybe a couple months. I didn't realize it at the time, but the sensations stopped shortly after I stopped visiting TTB-which made me wonder if maybe I made someone mad, and they were somehow seeking revenge or something by some spiritual means.

I have taken large doses of 'psychedelic' mushrooms years ago, and these hallucinations were at least as real if not more so then what the shrooms did.

Lately, on nights when I did not take the Ambien, twice now, I have had strange things happen.

Once, I was drifting off to sleep, and I was thinking about seated meditating with my hands out. I felt an electric sensation coarse through my arms, roughly through the center of my arms out my lao gong, and somewhat specifically through the Lung meridian.

Just last nite, I did not take the Ambein, and I actually felt a presence of sorts move up the backs of my legs, and enter my Governer and Conception vessels-at which time it became an electric like sensation. Although I wasn't really awake, or asleep, I was conscious enough to somehow-I can't explain how-make the electrical sensation cycle up the back and down the front in a continuous loop-faster and faster-and the electric feeling was almost uncomfortable. As I sped it up, (man, I could really feel it) I moved it deeper into the front line of my body, and as it passed a certain depth in my face, I saw a sort of reflection of my face in front of my (closed) eyes. This startled me and caused me to sort of come out of it and I woke up.

I know that also, when I am in this state of half asleep/half awake, if I think about kicking or punching, the limb I'm thinking of will jerk at a speed MUCH faster than what I could normally move at on my own. This makes me think that the bodies energies are able to move much more powerfully while in a sleep like state.

Anyone care to comment? Or own up to sending disembodied 'things' at me out of anger?

Take care--

everseeking

"Anyone care to comment? Or own up to sending disembodied 'things' at me out of anger?"

The first part sounds like an Ambien-fueled hypnogogic state. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Speculating, I don't know how Ambien works but if it interferes with your kinesthetics then I'd expect it could provoke the "felt" trips you're talking about. Had you begun meditation or "energy work" before taking the Ambien?

I've had what I reckon are "spontaneous openings" of things while half-asleep but the specifics are (as usual) subjective.

I really hope no-one on TTB's is even considering sending "things" to people out of anger. :ph34r:

Thank you, thank you. Im aware of the hallucinations being a side effect, but this stuff goes beyond that. Also, I've recently had odd stuff happen even though I didn't take the meds before bed.

Peace-

Well, I guess a good way to nail it down would be to get off those meds.

I believe there are alternatives to aid sleep that don't have such heavy "effects" (I got that from an author who suggested we quit calling sh*t like that "side-effects". I agree. It's an effect, period <_<

Now try get FDA approval for a somniferous drug that also produces visual and (perhaps) felt hallucinations...oh wait...