Sign in to follow this  
voice

what kind of water do you drink?

We are about half water. After air, water is the most abundant thing we take into our bodies. So, how good is that water?

I've been drinking Reverse-Osmosis water for the last 8 years, and realize now that it is not good enough, stripped as it is of minerals. After doing some research, it seems like there are three good choices:

1) local spring water -- a nice idea to drink bioregionally, but the quality control can be dicey.

2) activated carbon filter -- Aquasana seems to have the cheapest model

3) carbon filter + ionization + structuring -- the Wellness Water filter does this, but for about 6X the annual cost of an Aquasana filter.

So, what water do you drink? Tap, spring, Brita filter, generic carbon filter, RO? Anyone had any experience with the Wellness Water filter?

The best water I've every drunk has been from high mountain springs -- it makes me feel vibrant, and I'd love to have that every sip of every day.

Chris

Edited by voice

I use the Pur 3 stage filter that attatches right to the faucet.........It eliminates most lead, chlorine and a variety of microscopic bacteria commonly found in tap water...........I find the filter lasts an average of 2 months for the price of $19.95 and it gives the water a good taste....................The only negative is that the filter doesn't filter flouride which happens to be in our city water and is a neurotoxin..............A good bottled water is Fiji water..........good taste and pricey.

I mostly just drink Pellegrino ... I don't know anything about it, I should probably pay more attention but I like the way it tastes. There was a tastier mineralwasser I drank in Germany but I forget the name of it and I haven't seen it in the US.

Sometimes I drink tap, sometimes I use my Brita filter, and sometimes I buy water at Aqua Vita, which is sodium free, carbon filtered, steam distilled, concentrated ozonated oxygenated water...revitalized with ions. They do something with some kind of laser beam and spin it through magnets, too.

But there's a filter I really really want... which is better than all the other filters... ooh, more on this later...

my top favourite is Volvic. I don't always buy it, since it's not the cheapest, but I love the taste.

Because I'm so enthusiastic about stevia in the moment I now just take tap water and add a little of the powder so just to cover the metallic tase of the pipe.

A friend of mine keeps telling me how absolutly fantastic his new 4 levels superfilter from Canada is, so I think about getting one, but like voice I am insecure about the value of osmosis and the loss of minerals.

affenbrot

and I realize since some time with other water i buy (mostly from turkey, austria and italy) that tastes soo fresh and soo soft I am highly suspicious that they seem to add some subliminal taste to bottled mineral water without declaring it, probably because it is below the amount they need to declare it. I hate this. I do want to know if and what it is they add!

i drink water from two sources mainly:

i buy a 15 litre bottle of certified organic (means no use of pesticides, synthetic chemicals, etc near or in the water) spring water which i use mainly for making tea and making my 'workout drink' (water, a sprinkling of himalayan crystal salt and sometimes some oxygen supplement)

then my parents have a jug (that they bought on insistence from me) that filters chlorine, heavy metals, bacterium and 80% of the fluoride, while at the same time alkalising the water (pH about 8-8.5) and remineralising it with calcium and magnesium that i use for cooking with, as well as drinking whenever i'm upstairs.

i have a smaller version of the same thing that i drink from at work.

this filter makes the water very sweet.... i was so amazed when i began drinking it, but now i'm used to it.

I have an undercounter KDF/GAC cartridge filter that I installed myself (not hard). This type seems like the best bang for the buck as far as removal goes, and it doesn't remove all the minerals like RO. I prefer how spring water tastes, but this is lots cheaper, and great for cooking etc. I got mine here:

http://www.pure-earth.com/index.html

My water is mostly from an Aqua Pure filter system. Cheap pitcher type. I do think its important to drink from the tap every now and then. I don't want a system so ascended and purified that drinking tap water makes me sick.

Michael

I simply drink tap water. Never seemed to have a problem with that, or never noticed any major change when I tried anything different.

Sign in to follow this