Edward M

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov

Omraam has been a favourite teacher of mine since being introduced to him by my bagua teacher back when i used to practice the art.

He was a christian mystic from Bulgaria who settled to teach in France under the orders to go and teach by his teacher the great Master Peter Deunov.

They were descendents of the Essenes in Bulgaria who embraced the unity of all religions and human beings on earth.

During his mid-teens, Omraam (his initiatic name given to him by a famous Hindu yogi) experienced a profound kundalini awakening while practicing pranayama. He gave talks on in refering to it as particle of the divine entering him and setting him alight.

Much of his teaching was focused on Beauty, and especially beauty of the Sun. He would take disciples out in the early hours and gaze at the sun and absorb its divine particles through the eyes into brain and subtle bodies.

He had a large moral teaching as well as a good deal of practical exercices to teach.

I have many of his books, my favourite at the moment being Cosmic Moral Law,, actually another also equally valued is Know Thyself-jhana yoga.

I recomend all who want a good series of books, audio and video to study to go to prosvetta. His teaching will open up a whole new dimension to your spiritual work and relations with others and nature. Indeed his favourite teacher was what he reffered to as the living book of nature!

I've included apropriate links below to a new website dedicated to him as well as his publishing site. He died in 1986 being celebate all his life.

http://mikhaelaivanhov.org/

http://www.prosveta.com/

peace

Ed

Ah, another brother in Omraam! I have been following him for about 15 years, and he is my primary spiritual teacher. He is far and away the Master of my mind and my heart. I also was prompted to look into his teacher, Biensa Duono and love him too. I own most of his books and do many of the spitritual exercises he teaches in the various volumes and in 'The New Earth'.

I did not know about the new website, thanks for the link. I was going to PM you, but rather I will sing his praise here so perhaps others will notice. He is a very high level teacher who had powers but almost never demonstrated them. I come from a Slavic background, so I especially resonate with much of him.

If you do a search, you will see that I have mentioned him here on occasion. :)

I have his sayings from www.proseveta.com delivered to my e-mail everyday. Always food for thought. I first cam across his name via the writings of Alex Kozma.

Cheers

Rob

Hey S,O,D,E good to see another brother on here :) yeah i been following him for about 6-7years now. Truley inspiring writings.

Are Peter Deunov's teachings any different at all to Omraams?

Hey Rob B, yep Alex Kozma is who introduced me to him also :) have you trained with Alex at all? are you one of Mike K's students in Wales???

peace

Ed

Hey Rob B, yep Alex Kozma is who introduced me to him also :) have you trained with Alex at all? are you one of Mike K's students in Wales???

Hi Ed,

No, I've never met Alex - a huge missed opportunity as he was living near Cambridge for a while.

cheers

Rob

have you read his yoga of nutrition?

peace

Ed

I've not read any of the material that's available - just had the snippets via daily e-mail. Which books would you guys recommend as a good introduction?

Cheers

Rob

Hey RobB,

Have not read the book myself, but Alex says You are Gods is a excellent overview of his work!

Ed

Hi there. I have never heard of Omraam (or many other spiritual masters) but after some research he sounds very interesting. What would be a good book to read for my first dose of his works?