Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

Squat Walk

vcd1082.jpg

I recieved some questioning about this post. Where it is from and what it has to do with the topic.

Here is the link to where its from,

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/vcd3/coll_animal.htm

I have not ordered anything from here so I don't know if they are any good.

I posted the picture mainly in jest as it is of a video for a duck fist form.

The connexion is Duck Walk/ Duck Fist Form. No real serious conexion but who knows, here's a discription of the video;

Xie's performance shows all the classic traits of Duck Fist. These include some high jump double kicks (the form starts with double jumps touching toes in the air), waving Duck walk, head bobbing, arm flapping, arm coiling, circling walking and some rather complicated arm actions. Authentic and rare. Not an easy set.

Edited by el_tortugo

Same as the 'dragon walk' of Dragondoor qigong.

What product and/or linked article?

Also reminds of the "Squat Creep" in Body Flow, except Scott doesn't put his hands behind his head. Cool move.

It's in From Russia with Tough Love, but I'm sure it's mentioned several other places and at the forum too. I don't know if it's one word or two. It's my impression that Pavel got it from John, and John got it from his qigong studies.

Well, it looks like I'm late to the party with this one. :rolleyes:

But I'm really diggin' it, its kickin' my ass! - and looking fwd to getting smooth LTT breathing while walkin low. :D

i tell ya... the squat creep (which to me seems to be a more sophisticated version of the above duck walk) builds up phenomenal balance.

as a result of the squat creep and shin twist from body-flow (along with 4CBD, of course) i managed to suprise myself by being able to do log rolling.... yeah.... at a festival just found a log hanging by the far and i got on and started rolling it under my feet.... could do this for ages without falling off. pretty shocked really by how good my balance has become.

as a result of the squat creep and shin twist from body-flow (along with 4CBD, of course) i managed to suprise myself by being able to do log rolling.... yeah.... at a festival just found a log hanging by the far and i got on and started rolling it under my feet.... could do this for ages without falling off. pretty

You're a wild one neimad, I love it. :lol:

Sean

thanks brother.

i haven't even begun to touch on my wildness yet..... the more i recover my body, the more i am able to access more fully the way i want to express myself physically... which is in craziness.

I AM MONKEY!

:lol:

oh yeah, at the same festival i was partial to a bit of tree climbing too ;) i love climbing stuff and am looking forward to the oppurtunity to once again engage in rockclimbing.

i also have some ideas to build devices enabling me to get up those trees that don't have branches for several metres. one is with a gun, hook and rope.... the other is using some kind of 'glove' for feet and hands with metal 'claws' so i can climb up

:D

we'll see what happens in time. when i get an oppurtunity to live in the forest more then i'll begin to engage these kind of activities with more fervor.

my dream: to live in a tree house :D

Neimad,

You've really inspired me to check out Sonnon's stuff more!

my dream: to live in a tree house :D

frenchdoorsfromground.jpg

:D:D:D

Trunk

It's in From Russia with Tough Love, but I'm sure it's mentioned several other places and at the forum too. I don't know if it's one word or two. It's my impression that Pavel got it from John, and John got it from his qigong studies.

Pavel got it from Russia. They used to make us walk like this during our gym classes in HS. One of the best exersises for the legs.

You want something tougher? Try walking like this backwards and to the sides.

You want something tougher? Try walking like this backwards and to the sides.
Yikes! :blink:

(Stolen (scroll down, right under the picture), with an acknowledgement.)

They used to make us walk like this during our gym classes in HS.
Occured to me that JrH & HS would be the best time to learn this one, 'd really help integrating adolescent power smoothly. Edited by Trunk

Neimad,

You've really inspired me to check out Sonnon's stuff more!

frenchdoorsfromground.jpg

:D:D:D

Trunk

beautiful house. i was thinking something simpler... in a tropical climate... just a simple hut in the tree with a floor, a place for a fire, and a mat for a bed. thats it.

everything else could be on the ground, just for sleeping in the tree. would be beautiful to wake up with the birds and other tree life.

sonnon's stuff is great. it's there as a vehicle for you to access whatever it is you want.... check it, take it, adapt it to you.

i haven't even begun to touch on my wildness yet..... the more i recover my body, the more i am able to access more fully the way i want to express myself physically... which is in craziness.

Neimad,who is the Australian distributor of Scotts stuff,how would I acquire this material?

:) Regards,Cloud.

Neimad,who is the Australian distributor of Scotts stuff,how would I acquire this material?

Probably Neimad !!!!!!

Who else ?????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

just for kidding...

Bye

:) Regards,Cloud.

it's a guy in melbourne... matt jones (isohealth), i haven't spoken to him except for a cursory email....

i actually ordered my initial stuff (back in the days, warrior wellness, be breathed & body-flow book) from amazon.com

but recently anything i have ordered i ordered straight from the RMAX site cos usually it's a new release and i want it "right now!" haha.

whereabouts in sydney are you?

i'm looking for some people to start an informal training group to explore "softwork".

Edited by neimad

[quote name='neimad' date='May 18 2006, 09:58 AM' post='14722'

whereabouts in sydney are you?

i'm looking for some people to start an informal training group to explore "softwork".

Regrettably Im not in Sydney,coz an informal exploratory training group sounds like a great idea :(

oops i meant to ask where in australia you are.

anyways no matter.... i haven't managed to find people yet, i have a few friends interested but they are heavy dope smokers and hence despite how good it sounds and how much they are interested, are extremely unmotivated.

it'll happen eventually though...

Sign in to follow this