goonis38

"The Awakening"

Hi Everyone,

I have been aware of something changing all around us for sometime now. I think a lot of you may have noticed it also... I don't get this from a book, or the internet. There have been many thought's on this of some people...

But this is my own observation through my own experiences... Please share yours if you have had or felt anything in the last few years or so. I would say, and in the last year it really has stepped up a notch or two...

My idea of "The Awakening" is that a lot of people are coming to enlightenment at this time... That could be in different ways depending upon the person and his or her self...

In my case, I will tell you... When I was a little girl I could see auras, and hear a person that was close to me that I knew well. Talk to me, and then I answered back without saying a word. Scared me to death... So I pushed all this back for along time now. I am 40 this year. And in this last year I am "Awakening" rather I like it or not...

Now at first this was very alarming to say the least. I went running to Church, asking everyone I thought might know what in the heck was happening, you think oh no I'm crazy... And in the end I found there was nothing wrong with me. And that most people don't know what you are talking about... Especially in my area. I live in the midwest Texas area. They do not believe in anything such as this. And if you where to speak of it. You would be called a witch... Sad...

So back to the point, So I think this is going on all over the world. Why, or how, or what. I have no idea. Maybe some of you could add some ideas on that.

Are you Awakening also, and for something we are, this I know... But what, or better yet why?

So in the last year my growth has been things like. I have gained since of smell, and touch, and hearing, of spiritual activity around me. Can't see a thing. Like a blind man with a stick...

I can tell the difference between spirits by there smell for the most part... And through my trying to understand I have went to different web pages and read and talked. A lot of the ones that are all about being physic I don't care for, they seem to be to into there selfs and there gifts. Instead of why, and what, and giving credit to there maker...

I think this web site has it right more than most, in my opinion. You give the Thanks to the creator and look for guidance through that. Not your self. I think this is very important. I don't think it matters what religion we are, we have a God he is the same God no matter what we name him. As long as we give the thanks and credit for all we are and have to him. This is what is important in my mind. To many people saying I did it. (We do nothing alone)...

So from this site... I have learned a lot for a short time, and have a long way to go I know, and meet a great deal of beautiful people. Thank you...

I have learned to meditate, Chant, Center myself which I needed to do so badly. Clear my shackras some I didn't even know I had...lol We may not all agree, all the time, and that is good. This is what makes for a good discussion... Yes?

Ok, talked your ear off now... What do you think?

Take care all Melanie

Its a very popular subject these days in various spiritual circles.

And yes, for me and the people who's circles I move in and out of, We do seem to be 'Awakening' more and more.

I see a fairly consistent growth rate that equals a slow progression of Wisdom and happiness and a willingness to act more communally.

I have various thoughts on the subject, probably none of which are verifiable... So here goes... :D

1. We are growing because we are doing the work. Nearly everyone I know meditates, does ritual, ecstatic dance, practices Shamanism, or chi gong, or goes to transpersonal therapy of some kind, or at least reads self help books...

2. Our Community's seem to be getting larger all the time, and what used to be several different circles of people for me, now has kind of blended together.

I often wonder if as the world gets darker, it also gets lighter, sort of like a yin-yang thing. If that is the case how do we get out of this mess? I do not want to get happier only as someone else gets more F#%*! up :lol:

3. There is so much info available these days. Even the most rubbish television conveys multiple sets of world Views and peoples brains are being paradigm stretched. Its getting very post modern out there... [in terms of idea flexibility] and I am amazed how many youngsters seem aware of the various possible world views one can have and they seem to treat them as all valid, with various strengths and weaknesses.

4. We live in the west. we have the privileged of being able to start waking up. That does come at the expense of others, and some day its likely we will have to pay for that.

5. Considering the growing darkness factor makes me less Inclined to think Its the earth thats going through some cosmic wakeup phase, or some super duper astrological alignment, but just that circumstances are ripe for many people to start waking up. Ignorance is strong here in the west as well...

6. I often think people have always had spontaneous 'awakenings' like suddenly seeing Aura's but In the past belief systems were a lot stronger [or less challenged] and there was not nearly as much Info on these subjects available to support someone coming out... So we just did not hear about it.

Thats all I can think of now! :)

I guess really I am just glad people [some] are waking up.

Seth.

You give the Thanks to the creator and look for guidance through that...... we have a God he is the same God no matter what we name him. As long as we give the thanks and credit for all we are and have to him. This is what is important in my mind. To many people saying I did it. (We do nothing alone)...

Who created the creator ? :P

Who created the creator ? :P

He is god, capable of anything, so he created himself before he even existed! BOOM SHAKA LAKA! :lol:

Its a very popular subject these days in various spiritual circles.

And yes, for me and the people who's circles I move in and out of, We do seem to be 'Awakening' more and more.

I see a fairly consistent growth rate that equals a slow progression of Wisdom and happiness and a willingness to act more communally.

I have various thoughts on the subject, probably none of which are verifiable... So here goes... :D

1. We are growing because we are doing the work. Nearly everyone I know meditates, does ritual, ecstatic dance, practices Shamanism, or chi gong, or goes to transpersonal therapy of some kind, or at least reads self help books...

2. Our Community's seem to be getting larger all the time, and what used to be several different circles of people for me, now has kind of blended together.

I often wonder if as the world gets darker, it also gets lighter, sort of like a yin-yang thing. If that is the case how

Hi there,

That is so true we are all seeming to blend together, which is a good thing in my mind... To many people thinking they where different and looked at things not the same. But in the end we where all saying the same thing just in a different way. Or as someone said to me on here one time. We are saying the same thing, just looking at it through a different pair of glasses... I liked that one...

No I don't like the ides of growing at someone expense... I would never take from another to gain something for myself, not knowingly anyway...

do we get out of this mess? I do not want to get happier only as someone else gets more F#%*! up :lol:

3. There is so much info available these days. Even the most rubbish television conveys multiple sets of world Views and peoples brains are being paradigm stretched. Its getting very post modern out there... [in terms of idea flexibility] and I am amazed how many youngsters seem aware of the various possible world views one can have and they seem to treat them as all valid, with various strengths and weaknesses.

Agreed there a lot of trash on TV, don't really watch it. I have better things to do like the laundry... And I'm not loling... I do love to watch a good movie, usually an indie film every once in awhile. If I can find one worth anything

Yes our young people don't know what to do,

do they... I used to make mud pies and be happy, play in the mud all day... And us my imagination... This is going away for our youth.

4. We live in the west. we have the privileged of being able to start waking up. That does come at the expense of others, and some day its likely we will have to pay for that.

5. Considering the growing darkness factor makes me less Inclined to think Its the earth thats going through some cosmic wakeup phase, or some super duper astrological alignment, but just that circumstances are ripe for many people to start waking up. Ignorance is strong here in the west as well...

I'm just really not sure myself what is causing it or why... But it is happening just the same...

True on the growing darkness factor... Sad...

6. I often think people have always had spontaneous 'awakenings' like suddenly seeing Aura's but In the past belief systems were a lot stronger [or less challenged] and there was not nearly as much Info on these subjects available to support someone coming out... So we just did not hear about it.

That is funny it is like coming out of the closet... If you live in the Midwest Bible belt like I do. You might as well just burn yourself at the stake as well as admit having any kind of understand of anything on these subjects...

To me I believe God is all loving and kind he made me and you and everyone of us just the way we are. it is our chose rather we grow more or don't. I could go stick my head in the sand with the rest of my community. But I don't think this will be happening anytime soon..lol

Hey thanks for the reply, Lots of love friend Melanie

Thats all I can think of now! :)

I guess really I am just glad people [some] are waking up.

Seth.