Sign in to follow this  
surfingbudda

Healing Music

Do you guys all listen to peaceful music while doing energy practice, or simply listen to their surrounding? I just recently bought this album off itunes to listen while doing qigong, and I have to say its the most profoundly peaceful healing music i've ever heard.

My link Just thought I'de throw down my little find incase anyone was interested. Another truly healing album is My link. This second one is for anyone like myself who enjoys the didigeridoo.

Do you guys all listen to peaceful music while doing energy practice, or simply listen to their surrounding? I just recently bought this album off itunes to listen while doing qigong, and I have to say its the most profoundly peaceful healing music i've ever heard.

My link Just thought I'de throw down my little find incase anyone was interested. Another truly healing album is My link. This second one is for anyone like myself who enjoys the didigeridoo.

Yes I do, namely Spring Forest Qigong "back to the Universe" and "Heart sutra Chant" but I have other titles coming in the mail.

I also like to chant myself when meditating, it's a great way to repel "ear worms" and I happen to work in the music.

Just the other day I was chanting "oooommmm, mwaaaaah" while driving. For five hours :)

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Yes I do, namely Spring Forest Qigong "back to the Universe" and "Heart sutra Chant" but I have other titles coming in the mail.

I also like to chant myself when meditating, it's a great way to repel "ear worms" and I happen to work in the music.

Just the other day I was chanting "oooommmm, mwaaaaah" while driving. For five hours :)

Hi there,

My name Is Melanie or goonis I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a question or two... I was reading this and I have been listening to music also while in meditating, and then I try in with out. Also have chanted my belief system...

They are all good ways it seems. I was just asking myself yesterday if the music was getting in the way of my concentration, what do you think? Could that happen?

Also King Kabalabhati or anyone who wants to jump in what are "ear warms" something I may need to know... I did notice there seemed to be something in the way of my meditation reaching to the level it had been, then I started chanting my God's name and it seemed to release something... Is this the same?

Thank you for your reply in advance... Melanie

"Ear worms" are pop music and people's voices you may "hear " in your ears when trying to still your mind. Chanting can help you slide into that calm state of "thoughtlessness" and being present. At some point the chanting can be let go of too.

Hi there,

My name Is Melanie or goonis I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a question or two... I was reading this and I have been listening to music also while in meditating, and then I try in with out. Also have chanted my belief system...

They are all good ways it seems. I was just asking myself yesterday if the music was getting in the way of my concentration, what do you think? Could that happen?

Also King Kabalabhati or anyone who wants to jump in what are "ear warms" something I may need to know... I did notice there seemed to be something in the way of my meditation reaching to the level it had been, then I started chanting my God's name and it seemed to release something... Is this the same?

Thank you for your reply in advance... Melanie

"Ear worms" are pop music and people's voices you may "hear " in your ears when trying to still your mind. Chanting can help you slide into that calm state of "thoughtlessness" and being present. At some point the chanting can be let go of too.

Hi there,

Ok this happens to me. I know just what you are talking about. This is what is getting in the way of my meditation... I will be right in the middle of it, and like you say voice or thoughts that you know are not coming from your mind will break your thoughtlessness... Thank you... I will start chanting more, they sure don't want us to do this.

To bad...lol We are going to... Take care Melanie

Sign in to follow this