Sign in to follow this  
TheTaoBum

Mozi And Buku San Kong

Hi guys, This is my first review of the mentioned website.

I just recieved a photocopy of the book for $450 bucks. Packaging was superb and took me about 10 minutes just to unwrap it lol. Ok, The first three pages talk about the history and detail a chart naming the past grandmasters of the school. There is also a mantra to be recited before and after every training session to call upon a legendary figure. The mantra certainly sounds chinese but also contains words that appear to be persian or tibetan, so this tells me the system is not 100% taoist and has other influences perhaps. Later Goes into absorbing earth energy, mudras,etc. From what i gather the same breathing technique is used throughout the entire method and only the physcial positions of the body are changed pertaining to each level.

To be continued ....

I just recieved a photocopy of the book for $450 bucks. Packaging was superb and took me about 10 minutes just to unwrap it lol. Ok, The first three pages talk about the history and detail a chart naming the past grandmasters of the school. There is also a mantra to be recited before and after every training session to call upon a legendary figure. The mantra certainly sounds chinese but also contains words that appear to be persian or tibetan, so this tells me the system is not 100% taoist and has other influences perhaps. Later Goes into absorbing earth energy, mudras,etc. From what i gather the same breathing technique is used throughout the entire method and only the physcial positions of the body are changed pertaining to each level.

To be continued ....

I'm confused; did you buy a photocopy the handwritten book about Wang Bao's Great Purity Method? Can you read it?

To be continued ....

Interesting, is this "Buku San Kong" supposed to be MoPai's 72-level "bible?"

Given that 廖祖堂 Liao Tsu Tong was assumedly John Chang's Liao Sifu?

Do the levels at least correspond to the first 5 levels that we know of publically?

And what is the breathing technique they use?

During the Han Dynasty, Emperor Han Wu Di supported the teaching of Taoism. Due to this patronage, the root of Taoism became very strong. During this period there was a Great Taoist Grandmaster, Zhang Tian Shi, who founded the sect of the Way of Five Bushels of Rice.

He set a standard for Taoism. He contributed greatly to Taoist teachings by handing down Taoist Books, a stamp (In) and Kiam (Sword). Thus the standardization of Taoist sects officially began. In his old age, he settled down and established a Taoist school/sect in Mount Lung Hu Shan known as Tian Shi Dao Mo Pai (田施到摸排).

Liao Tsu Tong 廖祖堂 : A Taoist Grandmaster who migrated to Indonesia and began teaching Tai Shang Men Sect (mo pai) in Surabaya Indonesia 1956. Master Liao teachings included the sect of the Way of Five Bushels of Rice.

Privatly published in 1956 are some pages from buku san kong.

book6664.JPG

book.JPG

But then, what about this text? Given that 张三丰 (Zhang SanFeng) is credited with authorship - couldn't this also be the instruction manual that John Chang speaks of?

mp.jpg

Original Copy Jiangsi Culture & Arts Festival:

There has been considerable debate about the actual name of Mozi. Traditionally, Mozi was said to have inherited the surname "Mo" from his supposed ancestor, the Lord of Guzhu, himself descended from Shengong the legendary emperor. The descendants of the Lord of Guzhu had the clan name "Motai", which later was shortened to "Mo". However, modern scholarship suggests that "Mo" was not in fact the clan name of Mozi, as this clan name/family name is not encountered during the Spring and Autumn and Warring States periods, but that "Mo" was rather the name of the Mohist school itself.

Neidan, or internal alchemy, spiritual alchemy (內丹術 - nèi dān shù , 內丹术 - is a concept in Taoist Internal Alchemy. It is a series of physical, mental, and spiritual disciplines intended to prolong the life of the body and create an immortal spiritual body that would survive after death.

In Neidan the human body becomes a cauldron in which the The Treasures of Jing, Chi and Shen are cultivated for the purpose of improving physical, emotional and mental health, and ultimately merging with the Tao, I.E. becoming an Immortal. It is believed the Xiuzhen Tu is such a cultivation map. In China, it is an important form of practice for most schools of Daoism. Over 300 years old the canon covers 72 arts of neidan shu along with 36 talisman from the mohist school. According to legend the book was written by 张三丰 and he promised anyone who completes the arts in this book will reach immortality (certainly not proven) So in essence the book is more of a collectors item and not to be taken seriously.

It does mention 72 "arts." Unfortunately, this one is all in archaic Chinese. I wonder if there at least diagrams? :lol: Edited by vortex

I'm confused; did you buy a photocopy the handwritten book about Wang Bao's Great Purity Method? Can you read it?

Hi there,

No i ended up purchasing a photocopie of the said mopai book. There is a mudra that involves touching the thumb to the middle finger. The lungs = breathing and the lung meridian ends in the middle finger. So connecting these points make perfect sense.

Thanks,

Interesting. Man that's a lot of money for a photocopy version of the book...but it's good that you're so dedicated.

If i could read it i wouldnt doubt either and buy it :)

Damn that site has some epic stuff, that stuff belongs in a museum !

Ok maybe im yust jealous :P

Interesting. Man that's a lot of money for a photocopy version of the book...but it's good that you're so dedicated.

Thanks scotty. Well im thinking if its genuine then to me its priceless, and i would have paid much more if need be.

Cheers,

I know exactly what you mean.

About the middle finger touching thumb, I do a lot of stuff involving that...am interested to hear more if you're willing to share.

If i could read it i wouldnt doubt either and buy it :)

Damn that site has some epic stuff, that stuff belongs in a museum !

Ok maybe im yust jealous :P

Hell I know I am :lol:

Sign in to follow this