Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

re: humming

Here is a version of the Middle Pillar combined with the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram that is quite good. The Pentagram ritual is important, as it seals up the aura and helps to make sure you don't "short circuit" anything. I'm sure from your other practices that you've gotten everything strong and able to handle lots of energy, but still to be on the safe side I would recommend doing the Pentagram ritual once or twice a day for a week or so before you start the Middle Pillar. Then always do a Pentagram before you do a Middle Pillar (it just takes a few minutes). If you've haven't done a lot of serious chanting before, you may feel a little silly at first, but I think that tends to fade pretty quickly.

You'll notice that parts of the circulation of the light are similar to the microcosmic orbit, so your previous experience should serve you well. Also, the instructions here are to stand while you do the practice, but I would highly recommend you actually lie down. When you finish doing the Pentagram Ritual, you will be facing East. Lie down with your feet in the East, and your head in the West. Much more relaxing! Try lying down and meditating for a good while afterwords. I would suggest focusing either on the light surrounding you, or on the sphere in the solar plexus.

The spheres used here don't exactly conform to the Eastern chakra system, but that's ok. Some of them are combined, or in slightly different places, etc. My understanding is that this way the chakras are stimulated a little more indirectly, and therefore a little more safely (the chakras are actually more located on the back of the body up the spine, and here we are visualizing the spheres on the front of the body).

Happy Humming!

Leo, that is a great link for the MPR, I bookmarked that. Sometimes I really miss magick, and now with Lezlie exploring it fairly seriously I will probably find myself doing ritual work again.

Here is a shorter banishing ritual for those who want to jump more quickly into something like the MPR without having to do a whole LBRP.

Via Stealing the Fire from Heaven

To being, close your eyes and imagine a vertical line of white light, one passing from the nadir to the zenith right through the point of view behind your eyes.

Next imagine a spot of light about two feet in front of this point of view. With this spot trace a horizontal circle around your head. Then trace an ellipse by running this spot up to the top of your head, down your back, under your feet, and up again to the top of your head. Then trace another ellipse from the top of your head down one side, under your feet, and up the other side to the top of your head. When you're finished your point of view should be in the middle of a cage that looks like this:

gallery_3_2_2217.jpg

With your fortifications now in place, you may clean out your imagination. To do this turn the line you first visualized into a pillar of fire and cause it to expand outward through your three rings. As it does, cast images of any persistent thoughts or fantasies into the flames and watch them burn until there is nothing left but three glowing white rings.

And that's all there is too it.

Aside from serving to flush out your mind before and after magical operations, banishing is your first defense against obsessive thoughts from within and against any kind of psychic attack from the outside. Banishing rituals also have the side benefit of hardening the wizard's aura, forming a psychic shell that will keep his consciousness together and deflect the piercing intrusions of the external world. By frequent (four or five times a day for the rest of your life) banishing, the wizard will develop an aura so hard that he will be able to drop many of the defensive habits that might have attached themselves to his personal attitude. Banishing is thus and essential tool for the aspiring wizard, and it is vital to make it a habit.

(Some more banishing rituals can be found in this thread.

As for humming and toning, be sure to check out this thread on Tuva as well. I've been exploring sound more and more this year. I really like getting a really deep AAHHHHH going, feeling it in my feet and then raising the frequency of the AHHHH to raise the energy all the way up my body until it's a high pitched frequency in my head, then reversing it down again. Pretty fun.

Sean

Sign in to follow this