Kali Yuga

Incredible Inner Heat

I am doing a very basic meditation which is very common to pretty much any tradition: meditation on the dantien. I have been doing this for awhile. After doing this meditation incessantly with the breath slowing down, I have awakened a "heat". It started out as a fuzzy feeling down there that wasn't much. But with each breath and proper focus it increased in size and heat. I thought this was a very good sign. So I kept on at it and kept on, and kept on, and kept on..

It is now very, very hot, like burning in intensity almost. It flipped onto the tailbone and now is stuck there. It has been like this for a few days but it is sooo hot man. I don't know if this is related, but the skin on my fingers started chapping up and peeling off. This is something I only had once during grade school, and I drink a lot of water always, so it seems to be a rare occurence. Everyone I know who knows about chi tells me that I have to learn to move it.. Problem is that it seems harder done than said. I can't seem to move it around back towards the dantien or up along the spine.

I can't crank down the heat and it is getting a bit annoying. I know this is a celebrated sign in development that usually takes a long time, sometimes years to achieve, but I just don't know how to exactly handle it now that I have it. Every breath I take seems to stoke it a little bit, as I feel it change in quality and temperature with each breath. It's always there, burning and burning. When I wake up, its there. When I take a test, its there. When I don't even meditate, still there. It seems I can crank up the heat (and probably burn myself up in complete human immolation) but I can't crank it down. Water won't help, jacking off doesn't turn it down (amazingly going against what I am brought to believe regarding Daoist practice), and I'll be damned if I do more meditation and crank it up even more. I literally have a fire there under my ass, or to be correct, inside my ass, burning 24/7.

Anyone been through this before? This is not kundalini right? Once again I am eating my own words, when I said before that development can be a two edged sword. Talk to me people.. and show me I'm not exactly alone here. This is getting crazy here.

The only experience I have like this is of kundalini, which feels like heat, and sexual turn on going up my spine. Does it feel like sexual turn on? Or just a fire in your ass?

You could try the microcosmic orbit.

Good luck bud,

John

Good work.

Try cold showers, or dunking in cold rivers. Be cautious with having hot showers, wearing unnatural fabric, etc. You can tell, because these things will further overheat you. Having more vegetables can be cooling...look into ayurveda for pitta remedies.

If you check out Path of Fire and Light Vol 1 by Swami Rama, it discusses how the navel energy (fire) eventually naturally goes down to the tailbone to awaken kundalini...as seems to be happening for you.

I was taught not to allow attention to go to the tailbone, because the awakening of energy can be too strong. Keep it in the navel, if you choose to continue with your meditation.

The skin on your fingers is probably just due to new skin being created faster than usual. A common kundalini thing, and one which I experienced a couple of times.

Consider that it's important to have a balanced path. In Taoism they balance fire and water, not just solely focus on one method (even though many say just stick with the navel...of course they're wrong and practicing incomplete paths). Taoists meditate on the middle dantien to circulate the heat (in fact they use all 3 dantiens, each with its own balancing effect on the others).

So just some things to think about.

It flipped onto the tailbone and now is stuck there.

I have had Qi get stuck a few times, although not on my butt :)

If it's stuck Qi then one wants to 'clear' it (or I guess you could say move it). Maybe you need to practice rooting out your feet and visualize it going 10 feet away. Sink everything down through the legs and out. You probably don't want to focus on the dan tian too long if you can build it up quickly. Let it go somewhere or practice some Qi circuits; but for now, I would try sinking everything down and out the feet.

It's possible it got stuck trying to go up the spine since that is the microcosmic orbit route (down to the dan tian, around the lower bend up the tail bone and up the spine and up over the head, etc); some might say to clear it upwards in the path it was maybe trying to take. While I understand that, my gut says to try to clear it downward first. But this means you cannot sit cross legged; meditating cross legged is purposely to not let the Qi flow downward. So you can do it standing up (not on carpet!!); maybe outside barefoot would be nice to get in contact with the earth. And you can do it laying down.

Start at the head and visualize a melting snowman or water pouring down your body; head to toe and outward 10 feet. Front and back; head and neck; arms and shoulders; chest and waist; hips and legs; down to feet and out. That's what I would try. Sorry to repeat so many times... I'll stop now. Hope to hear something back.

Edited to add: Due to the strong buildup you get, you might also (later) visually bring in Yin Qi to help balance out the hotness that develops.

Edited by dawei

I am doing a very basic meditation which is very common to pretty much any tradition: meditation on the dantien. I have been doing this for awhile. After doing this meditation incessantly with the breath slowing down, I have awakened a "heat". It started out as a fuzzy feeling down there that wasn't much. But with each breath and proper focus it increased in size and heat. I thought this was a very good sign. So I kept on at it and kept on, and kept on, and kept on..

It is now very, very hot, like burning in intensity almost. It flipped onto the tailbone and now is stuck there. It has been like this for a few days but it is sooo hot man. I don't know if this is related, but the skin on my fingers started chapping up and peeling off. This is something I only had once during grade school, and I drink a lot of water always, so it seems to be a rare occurence. Everyone I know who knows about chi tells me that I have to learn to move it.. Problem is that it seems harder done than said. I can't seem to move it around back towards the dantien or up along the spine.

I can't crank down the heat and it is getting a bit annoying. I know this is a celebrated sign in development that usually takes a long time, sometimes years to achieve, but I just don't know how to exactly handle it now that I have it. Every breath I take seems to stoke it a little bit, as I feel it change in quality and temperature with each breath. It's always there, burning and burning. When I wake up, its there. When I take a test, its there. When I don't even meditate, still there. It seems I can crank up the heat (and probably burn myself up in complete human immolation) but I can't crank it down. Water won't help, jacking off doesn't turn it down (amazingly going against what I am brought to believe regarding Daoist practice), and I'll be damned if I do more meditation and crank it up even more. I literally have a fire there under my ass, or to be correct, inside my ass, burning 24/7.

Anyone been through this before? This is not kundalini right? Once again I am eating my own words, when I said before that development can be a two edged sword. Talk to me people.. and show me I'm not exactly alone here. This is getting crazy here.

Hm yea I've had the same, or very similar. Heat at my ming men nearly burn me haha yea.

Where do you meditate? On the grass outside? or practice always in your apartment/house?

Cause it "sounds" like you need to be connected to the earth during your practice.

Hm yea I've had the same, or very similar. Heat at my ming men nearly burn me haha yea.

Where do you meditate? On the grass outside? or practice always in your apartment/house?

Cause it "sounds" like you need to be connected to the earth during your practice.

Spot on.

Try breathing your energy down into the Earth, if you want to reduce it or cool down.

Also see if you can breath back and forward between LDT and your heels/feet, or between Head and Feet if that feels safe. You may find when exhaling down to your feet, or even past them, that you can move your blood with the chi. Your feet will get really warm and slightly puffy and pink as you fill them with more blood

[please do not try to keep blood there obviously]

This will start opening up leg channels and help distribute energy through the lower Body...

Seth.

I sit in full lotus on concrete poured over the ground outside.. that should still qualify for having yin. During the meditation I find that I sweat pretty hard even if its really darn cold outside. I've found that sending the energy down to the feet (which I'm surprised will actually work considering how it's hard for me to get it back to the dantien) works.

I still feel a sizeable amount of heat but slightly less. and knowing that a fire doesn't erupt all of a sudden unless something is at brink temperature means that building back up the flame will be a piece of cake. But I really want to move it back to dantien, I guess I'll take the bitter pill and meditate and try something new in order to see if I can move it there. I can actually feel the tingling heat at my soles right now. Seth your idea actually worked. At least now I have something that will slightly alleviate this. However I can only wonder how full my body can get with this heat.

Scotty, that is very interesting. I thought that the skin chapping could be part of it but I had no clue how. So your saying that the heat flips to the spine to awaken kundalini? unfortunately where I live it is very hard to grab a hold of anything really.. I can't get a copy of that book.. so if you have anything else I would definitely like to hear it. I know exactly what you mean when you say its bad to focus on the tailbone -hold on to your ass if you do! Is it supposed to be this intense? Even just a little breath and attention and the fire gets stoked and burns harder. But it is very hard focusing on dantien considering the sensation I feel there, it draws attention to itself. I gather that maybe this is a test of focus and will because it goes against what you feel.

I sit in full lotus on concrete poured over the ground outside.. that should still qualify for having yin. During the meditation I find that I sweat pretty hard even if its really darn cold outside. I've found that sending the energy down to the feet (which I'm surprised will actually work considering how it's hard for me to get it back to the dantien) works.

I still feel a sizeable amount of heat but slightly less. and knowing that a fire doesn't erupt all of a sudden unless something is at brink temperature means that building back up the flame will be a piece of cake. But I really want to move it back to dantien, I guess I'll take the bitter pill and meditate and try something new in order to see if I can move it there. I can actually feel the tingling heat at my soles right now. Seth your idea actually worked. At least now I have something that will slightly alleviate this. However I can only wonder how full my body can get with this heat.

Scotty, that is very interesting. I thought that the skin chapping could be part of it but I had no clue how. So your saying that the heat flips to the spine to awaken kundalini? unfortunately where I live it is very hard to grab a hold of anything really.. I can't get a copy of that book.. so if you have anything else I would definitely like to hear it. I know exactly what you mean when you say its bad to focus on the tailbone -hold on to your ass if you do! Is it supposed to be this intense? Even just a little breath and attention and the fire gets stoked and burns harder. But it is very hard focusing on dantien considering the sensation I feel there, it draws attention to itself. I gather that maybe this is a test of focus and will because it goes against what you feel.

Path of fire and light

Oh Also a tip. A group of daoists during very fire methods would eat only vegetables, so there'd be a balance and they would still have that energ without over heating.

You said that your fingers started peeling. Is it just at the base with the nail or is it more like all over your hands including the palms?

I've found that sending the energy down to the feet (which I'm surprised will actually work considering how it's hard for me to get it back to the dantien) works.

Open the Kia through grounding exercises. Stance work is key in transferi g horizontal planes around the central columb

I've found that sending the energy down to the feet (which I'm surprised will actually work considering how it's hard for me to get it back to the dantien) works.

Open the Kua through grounding exercises. Stance work is key in transferi g horizontal planes around the central columb

Also do your stance and breath work in a variety of terrain. As you open the gates properly your energetic body will learn to breath and you'll swim in a sea of kinesthetic rhythms. You'll find a spot where a grounding exchange occur, and you lose that pain in your ass. Tree's exchange ionizing energies at dawn and dusk. The evolution of art through truth defying mediums at wits end.

You said that your fingers started peeling. Is it just at the base with the nail or is it more like all over your hands including the palms?

All over my fingers including the palms.

Its interesting to hear that taoists when practicing very fire techniques would only eat veggies so to not burn up. I hear Gopi Krishna on the other hand when describing a kundalini problem he had, how it went away when he switched from a vegetarian diet (as he was hindu), to one including meat.

I will continue my practice and keep everyone posted.

All over my fingers including the palms.

Its interesting to hear that taoists when practicing very fire techniques would only eat veggies so to not burn up. I hear Gopi Krishna on the other hand when describing a kundalini problem he had, how it went away when he switched from a vegetarian diet (as he was hindu), to one including meat.

I will continue my practice and keep everyone posted.

I thought so. Add cranberries to your diet and if you are already eating them, have some more. They'll help your body retain moisture longer.

I am doing a very basic meditation which is very common to pretty much any tradition: meditation on the dantien.

That's a very false and ignorant statement. That kind of meditation is not "common to pretty much any tradition" as you put it.

I have been doing this for awhile. After doing this meditation incessantly with the breath slowing down, I have awakened a "heat". It started out as a fuzzy feeling down there that wasn't much. But with each breath and proper focus it increased in size and heat. I thought this was a very good sign. So I kept on at it and kept on, and kept on, and kept on..

I can't crank down the heat and it is getting a bit annoying.

You can crank it down the same way you cranked it up. Use your intent.

Do a cold water visualization in the same area and allow yourself to feel a soothing feeling. You should drop your pride of the heat, because it's your pride in that "achievement" that keeps it going. Once you distance yourself emotionally and mentally from the heat, you'll find it won't be too hard to pacify it.

As far as I remeber reading few of his books,he is a Hindu from Kashmir and not a vegeterian(he mentions this in his autobiographical book).It is common for Hindus in that area to be non veg.

He only used to drink milk and eat oranges for a long time as this was all he could eat due to "fire"burning(as he descrbes it) in his stomach and internal organs.This was due to awakening kundalini through pingala nadi(the right -sun channel)instead of central cannel sushumna nadi.

When that was remedied he went to back to eating regular food again.

edit:spelling

Edited by suninmyeyes

I"m curious which regions people are living in? I know that in southern california, LA area,

the yang energy is very strong. Since I have been down here, I have started to get Heat

rashes break out on my body.

When I left this area to go to Kunming, China where the elevation is 2000 meters, my

rashes slowly started to disappear. Since returning to Los Angeles, CA

my heat rashes are coming back. It really sucks. I might have to get out of

here for good.

I would imagine many of you are living in colder or cooler climates.

That's a very false and ignorant statement. That kind of meditation is not "common to pretty much any tradition" as you put it.

Okay bro.

You can crank it down the same way you cranked it up. Use your intent.

Do a cold water visualization in the same area and allow yourself to feel a soothing feeling. You should drop your pride of the heat, because it's your pride in that "achievement" that keeps it going. Once you distance yourself emotionally and mentally from the heat, you'll find it won't be too hard to pacify it.

I love this. This is a very strong way of doing things. "distance yourself from the fruits of your meditation, and all the more will the tree blossom", to quote someone, i don't remember who. I guess it's normal to just be happy that you have "gotten" something. but in the same breath, the true purist will never rely on such things..