mewtwo

sewing needle glass relate to human body?

So I was wondering if the qigong sewing needle skill can throw a needle through glass how much of an effect would this have on the human body as far as lethality goes?

Today I've thrown 6 needles, 3 people have survived,

so I say 50/50.

Hope that helps :ph34r:

• Like 1

So I was wondering if the qigong sewing needle skill can throw a needle through glass how much of an effect would this have on the human body as far as lethality goes?

I guess it depends on the intent. In China, a high level TCM/taoist doctor gave me acupuncture by throwing needles at me from a distance. It was very scary. There was no need to do it this way, but he can, so he chose to have some fun with it. He did it several times in the course of the 6 weeks I was seeing him.

In general, his style of acupuncture is martial -- he jumps at you and jams a needle in with no preparation even if he doesn't throw it from a distance. If he chose to use his needles to hit the dim-mak points instead of the acupoints, I don't see what would stop him. Most definitely not the distance of a few feet.

have i become a laghing stock here?

Did you think I told a tongue-in-cheek story? No, I swear it's the truth. I've never seen anything like this either before this encounter, so someone who hasn't experienced something like this may be tempted to do what Thelerner did with it... but Dr. Xi is one of China's "national treasures" and as real and as far from the style of American Acupuncture Association or whatever it is called as can be... He has a little museum of acupuncture needles dating back hundreds, some of them thousands of years. Some of those older ones look like darts, spears, miniature knives... what we know about needles used in Chinese taoist arts is the tip of the iceberg no bigger than a needle pinprick.

Become?

My tai chi teacher in china was talking to a few of the other students about a plant in china growing 'through' the glass on a windowsill into the sun on the outside of the apartment. Like it was fully in the news and everything. Everyone seemed to be in agreement. I dunno i didn't see the news story. i guess there are enough people there to see strange things that rarely happen

Well, people are often shot (a bullet is larger and travels faster than a needle ever could), and survive. Why? Because it misses all of the critical areas.

So is it possible that a person could die from a sewing needle going through them? Well yes, it's possible, if it hit the right area. I'm not going to go into that, because we shouldn't be sharing ways to kill people here.

I guess it depends on the intent. In China, a high level TCM/taoist doctor gave me acupuncture by throwing needles at me from a distance. It was very scary. There was no need to do it this way, but he can, so he chose to have some fun with it. He did it several times in the course of the 6 weeks I was seeing him.

In general, his style of acupuncture is martial -- he jumps at you and jams a needle in with no preparation even if he doesn't throw it from a distance. If he chose to use his needles to hit the dim-mak points instead of the acupoints, I don't see what would stop him. Most definitely not the distance of a few feet.

Reminds me of ninjas.

Reminds me of ninjas.

Name one thing Japanese not borrowed from the Chinese.:lol:

Wait, I got it... SONY -- that's Akio Morita's native child... but wait... coming of age with a nice infusion of David Rockefeller's money -- they were Trilateral Commission buddies... and contrary to what detractors ("coincidence theorists") assert, the acronym SONY stands for Standard Oil of New York. THAT's one thing Japanese that is not Chinese in origins... but as for the older stuff...:o

Anime :P

Maybe... but I've seen objects of the traditional art form in the Shaanxi province, cut-out paper "cartoons," that looked suspiciously like anime...:rolleyes:

Name one thing Japanese not borrowed from the Chinese.:lol:

Wait, I got it... SONY -- that's Akio Morita's native child... but wait... coming of age with a nice infusion of David Rockefeller's money -- they were Trilateral Commission buddies... and contrary to what detractors ("coincidence theorists") assert, the acronym SONY stands for Standard Oil of New York. THAT's one thing Japanese that is not Chinese in origins... but as for the older stuff...:o

Ah hey well it isn't about pinning two cultures against each other. All I said was ninjas haha.

Ah hey well it isn't about pinning two cultures against each other. All I said was ninjas haha.

I didn't pin them against each other, I pinned one to the other's coattails. Which was historically though not politically correct. :lol:

It's rumored ninjitsu was also in korea, but if I told the koreans who practiced it they're copying the japanese they'd be pretty mad haha.

Just unnecessary is all.

It's rumored ninjitsu was also in korea, but if I told the koreans who practiced it they're copying the japanese they'd be pretty mad haha.

Just unnecessary is all.

I'm reading a work of nonfiction by a Chinese author. She describes a visit to Vietnam where she discovered that written Vietnamese uses the Roman alphabet, and so she couldn't read anything, because the words were, well, Vietnamese, with their pronunciation rendered in written French. She asked a guide, "when was Vietnam colonized by the French?" "In the 19th century," he replied. "What was the written language of Vietnam before that?" The guide didn't answer. So later she came across some ancient writings in a temple, carved in stone, hundreds of years old, and discovered that she could read and understand them perfectly because the written language of Vietnam before the French colonial innovations was Chinese.

Like the author of the book, I believe that it is very necessary to know what the source is of any and all phenomena one might lay one's mind on... The French colonization, e.g., is the source of the current state of affairs which makes it impossible for Vietnamese writers to communicate with Chinese, Japanese, Korean readers, and vice versa. I don't think it's unnecessary to know that things are derived from other things and the consequences are far-reaching... I wasn't putting down the Japanese, merely tracing the "ninjas" to their source. When I was exploring the ninja lore, I discovered that I can "read" ninja-stuff simply because I can "read" taoist-stuff... and I think it's very cool when things are made durable enough to be "read" by another culture, at another time. "Heng," the ability to endure and last, is one of the "great virtues of tao." I was pointing to that, I didn't hold it against the Japanese that they recognized and followed the Way... if anything, I was admiring them for this. Smart move. And pretty taoist in its own right -- "the handle follows the blade, but it's the blade that puts itself in danger by thrusting ahead, being the first, making the way -- while the handle which follows it is safe." A ninja proverb straight from a taoist classic.:)