Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Prostate book...

Whats the scoop with Plato's book? Worth the 25$ and time to read it? kING kONG?

I keep planning on buying it but I have a little stack of books I want to work through first. I'd also like to hear the scoop on this. Plato, do we need this book? What's the target audience?

Fuck it. Gonna download and read it when I have time. I'll give feedback.

Cam

Edited by Cameron

I keep planning on buying it but I have a little stack of books I want to work through first. I'd also like to hear the scoop on this. Plato, do we need this book? What's the target audience?

I did Playboy Radio on SIRIUS and they had me on for 2.5 hours and the phone bank exploded with calls. I will post the show in a few weeks when they mail me a CD. You guys will love it.

I will donate a copy of the book to this site so that everyone can read it.

-Plato

I liked the book. And it's not because Plato wrote it.

A lot of good points I haven't heard before. A few things we gisagree on.

Thanks for donating a copy of the book!!! How might one access it?

second that.... i am very interested.

I will donate a copy of the book to this site so that everyone can read it.

That is very generous.

The aneros has been and continues to play a crucial part in my own cultivation. I would rave about it more but am too embarrassed I guess. Outside of the cancer prevention and prostate health angle, which alone makes it worth using at least once a month, the aneros helped me access and release deep deep tension in that whole region. Through using it I completely healed my chronic hemmoroids and a chronic, bleeding fissure I had for over three years (that I was too moronic/embarrassed to just go see a doctor about but am now glad I didn't because I got to heal it naturally). It's has also had a marked impact on my emotional well being, sense of groundedness, ability to access states of profound bliss in meditation, accelerated cultivation, in particular opening my spinal channel (this process begins and end with "getting in touch with" the perineum which I was mostly only imagining before). And this is all still very much a work in progress, but since working with the aneros I am a thousand times more aware of when I am creating tension in my anus and surrounding areas, etc, etc. Plato is a gutsy trailblazer.

Sean

The aneros has been and continues to play a crucial part in my own cultivation. ...

Cool. I've read stuff something like that.. somewhere before.

I haven't bought an aneros (yet?), but I have started using the blunt end of a plastic brush (that no one else uses, and that I clean thoroughly) several times a month. I'd found that I had a lot of tension locked around the prostate and seminal vesicles. I'm now of the opinion that its really healthy & important to do this every once in a while.

Here's the paragraph that I put on my site a while back:

Prostate cancer is the number one incident cancer and the number two cause of cancer deaths among US men. Chinese medicine views cancer as a form of late-stage stagnation. It's a healthy idea to occasionally (at least twice a month) massage the prostate and seminal vesicles (yes, via the rectum). While showering is convenient, perhaps with the blunt end of a brush that no one else uses, or with the adult store object of your choice. (Self-massage with a finger is ineffective.) Although prostate massage is not aesthetic, it's far better than having the prostate surgically removed. Short of cancer, clearing early stage jing stagnation is simply healthy, and supportive of jing gong. More men are finding that prostate massage is one of the critical keys to unlocking chronic tension from the whole lower tan tien, resulting in significant physical, sexual, emotional and spiritual benefits.

(CAUTIONS & NOTES: Be careful; don't hurt yourself. I am not a doctor, you are responsible. Lubricate with a nourishing or neutral lotion, not a cleansing agent such as soap or shampoo. For further information, google "prostate massage".)

wow - that's pretty convincing... I've also got quite bit of numbness around the whole area - and stagnation that hadn't been helped by years of finger-lock technique (which I discovered semi-naturally.. way before I was into the Taoist stuff)... so I've got some practical questions: how often do you use it? I also sometimes suffer from hemmoroids, from what Yoda said it seemed to me like it would potentially make it worse... dscuss! Also I've had a long term problem with craping - I only go once every other day - which isn't healthy - and it usually involves too much forcing - most of the time it's an unenjoyable experience (that's partly why I'm a little cautious of sticking more stuff up my arse :lol: ) do you reckon it might help with that?!

i have one but haven't gotten around to using it, only twice ages ago. had some butt issues before that are starting to clear up..... so yeah i'm interested in you discussing more the extent of its use. i was thinking about it yesterday actually and getting back into using it.

and freeform...

http://www.oxypowder.com/

first batch of this i got, cured my hemmarhoids and haven't had a problem with them since.

i honestly can't rate the oxypowder high enough.... it's like a colon cleanse from the top down!

wow - that's pretty convincing... I've also got quite bit of numbness around the whole area - and stagnation that hadn't been helped by years of finger-lock technique (which I discovered semi-naturally.. way before I was into the Taoist stuff)... so I've got some practical questions: how often do you use it? I also sometimes suffer from hemmoroids, from what Yoda said it seemed to me like it would potentially make it worse... dscuss! Also I've had a long term problem with craping - I only go once every other day - which isn't healthy - and it usually involves too much forcing - most of the time it's an unenjoyable experience (that's partly why I'm a little cautious of sticking more stuff up my arse ) do you reckon it might help with that?!

IME the hemmoroids and fissure were a result of stored tension. Having something in your ass makes you highly aware of where you are holding tension and puts you in a really direct feedback loop for when you are releasing/tensing. When I was healing myself I used it about once a day. Now I use it about twice a month. I'm not sure it would help with constipation but it is quite possible that you are being "retentive" as a result of a "pulling upward" tension in the muscles down there. One tip ... get a gel lubricant. Water-based lubricants are rapidly absorbed by the membrances in the anus and then you are left pulling the aneros out dry. :blink:

Sean

wow - that's pretty convincing... I've also got quite bit of numbness around the whole area - and stagnation that hadn't been helped by years of finger-lock technique .. I also sometimes suffer from hemmoroids, ... - I only go once every other day - which isn't healthy - and it usually involves too much forcing -

constipation but it is quite possible that you are being "retentive" as a result of a "pulling upward" tension in the muscles down there.

Also quite possible that the prostate itself is swollen, from what you've said, probably a whole lot of tension all through that area. Aneros has a forum where you could get more informed responses to your concerns.

Thanks for the recomendation, neimad! it's not cheap tho - how long does it last? I've bought myself a liquid oxygen suppliment, that I take most days - but it's not for the colon (I think they bind the oxypowder to magnesium and stuff so that all the oxygen isn't immediately released in your stomach)... I think the same company does a colon-cleansing version which is much cheaper than oxypowder (although I guess the oxypowder may last a long time - so maybe more reasonable than I'm thinking)

maybe you can put up a full review of it on our very own tao bums review section!?

depending on how gunked up you are (i.e. the more gunked up, the more pills you'll need to get it all moving).

for me one bottle is enough for a full colon cleanse and an extra two months or so of taking it every other day.

would also be enough for two cleanses and some spare for those moments when your diet might fall short and you need a little help.

i really reccomend it. i had a bottle the year before last, and got some again this year.... i don't think you need it always. every year or so i would probably get a bottle.

your skin begins to look younger while doing the cleanse too from all the oxygen.

i'll post a review when i get some time.

anyone checked out my vivo barefoot review? those shoes are awesome!

neimad - when you take the oxy powder, is it uncomfortable ? do you need to stay close to a bathroom?

yes, I'm thinking graphic details here.

neimad - when you take the oxy powder, is it uncomfortable ? do you need to stay close to a bathroom?

yes, I'm thinking graphic details here.

if you get the amount just right you'll have 3-5 easy bowel movements in a day (soft but not too liquidy).

take too much however and you'll have up to 12 liquid type movements in a day and a reasonable amount of gas (the toxins on the wall are being converted to liquids and gases by the oxygen), also if you take too much you'll wake up in the morning with some slight abdominal cramping.

but it's not like diorreah, it's not uncontrollable... you can hold it (although there are a lot of toxins coming out so when you feel it move into the colon there will be small feelings of nausea... but they are very slight) but i wouldn't put myself in a situation where it wouldn't be possible to use a toilet for hours though.

but it is good stuff. many things you take you just have to trust that it's having an effect and wait for a while to observe it.... with oxypowder you'll know it's having an effect. it really will clean your bowels up.

looking forward to the prostate book!

Yes, thanks Plato, that's VERY generous! You're definitely earning a lot of merit here!

As a lurker (here or at another site, I can't remember where) I read and was intrigued by an earlier version of these ideas of yours in a shorter, essay form, so I look forward to reading the expansion now.

He he, I guess this practice conflicts with your stated aversion to gender role reversals, but I do find the (female) author's comments interesting at an epistemological level:

Sociological, historical, economic and biological theories of male domination and privilege don't fully . . . explain the anger and contempt for women and gay men that keeps bubbling up into the culture. The dissonance is sad and baffling, because I like men and often identify with them. Men are straightforward, generally easy to get along with, and I like having sex with them.

All these contradictions carved out a blind spot, a gap between the personal and the political that made room for what I can only call an epiphany -- a glimpse of something not in me, but out there, pervasive and invisible as air. I had my revelation about the patriarchy when -- I challenge the gentle reader to put this more delicately -- I strapped on a dildo and fucked my boyfriend in the ass. . . .

I realized as I fucked Adam that at some of the most connected-feeling moments of my life, I was having an utterly different experience than the man pushing into me. Regardless of who's initiating, who's on top, or who holds what emotional reins, I realized, surrender is at the center of my sexual experience; invasion at my male partner's.

With the Boss, I was conquering, silent, responsible, the taker. With his legs spread, Adam was agreeable, inviting, ashamed, taken. I felt closer to him that night than any other time, because we changed in front of each other's eyes. Parts of ourselves that had been locked away from it engaged in sex for the first time.

The world looks different since then. I was riding up a steep escalator a few weeks after I took Adam's cherry, idly watching the butts up ahead of me as I usually do -- as a pleasing shape. And suddenly a slide clicked over the round female bottom perched above me: Access. Men aren't just admiring the curve of a butt the way women do; they're negotiating access. It's a hill to be taken.

And men do love access. Clubs, fraternities, committees, old-boy networks -- they've built a world where access is power. They like slit skirts, open-toed shoes, crotchless panties. They like finding a way in. I think the name of the highest-profile condom brand is no accident -- the Trojan Horse was the original tool of access!

[. . . ] That night shook my heterosexuality much less than it shook my feminism, my wishful thinking about natural similarity. The fuckers are different. Getting in looks male now, and giving in seems female, something I never wanted to believe. Perhaps fucking, or the man's-eye view of it, is the template for much more of the world than I ever realized. Which is somewhat limiting in the bedroom and terribly so out in the world. A template offering two choices to nearly 6 billion people is bound to punish, squelch or misrepresent the female tops, the male bottoms, the complexly gendered and everyone else who falls somewhere between a Cosmo quiz and a Desert Storm on the vast continuum between prissy and macho.

But if our differences do stem from sex, what better place to explore what feminine and masculine really mean? Digging around at the roots of those distinctions was not only more fun than a women's study seminar or a lawsuit -- it was more illuminating.

SALON | Jan. 28, 1999

Sign in to follow this