Sign in to follow this  
Paul Clark

How does the ocean relate to energy?

If I wanted to meditate in front of or in the ocean how would this relate in terms of energy? Would it be considered to be good or bad?

For example I've been told that if you can find a really old and large tree to meditate under it because of the energy it gives off. There is energy in the waves and I've always been drawn to the ocean but I don't know what it is supposed to be like from a Taoism point of view and meditation. I'm very new to all of this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Paul Clark

I've heard that large bodies of water take your energy, and have also experienced the effects of it.

So maybe a good idea if you want to connect with the ocean would be to go swimming after your meditation, to release the excess energy.

During meditation you want to build up the energy. Being near trees is good.

This is my simple understanding.

William Mistele, a practitioner of Franz Bardon's methods, writes and makes a lot of videos these days focused on the ocean. He emphasizes that, from the Bardon perspective, Undines are emotional beings, who can easily connect to and sympathize with those in the world. All of the water in the world is connected- an undine can simultaneously feel every ocean, every river, every pond and lake, as well as anything that is in those bodies of water. So meditating on or with the energies of the water, you should be thinking about that unity of feeling.

His site.

I can only speak from experience. I live in the desert; for the past 5 years we spend one week holiday on the California coast. I get up every morning and walk along the beach. There is something very special about the ocean. It's become the highlight of my vacation, simply walking each morning right along the waterline taking in all of the experience- shorebirds, occasional dolphin sighting, sound of the waves, a pretty lady also walking along the shore. I have no doubt that there is something very special about the ocean. There is definitely an energy working.

There's also something very special about the desert, but most of the folks living here never go far enough beyond their back door to realize it.

Dude, take up surfing or body boarding, and you can make spiritual progress. I know plenty of surfers, and many are very spiritual people. Not a coincidence.

Dude, take up surfing or body boarding, and you can make spiritual progress. I know plenty of surfers, and many are very spiritual people. Not a coincidence.

Yeah i agree. There are much more forces at work that those between your ears. Surround your with stronger forces and you will be carried where they take you even if it's not your intention!

There's also something very special about the desert, but most of the folks living here never go far enough beyond their back door to realize it.

I agree.

When I was in Morrocco about 10 years ago, a hard hot road led me to the edge of the Sahara. Spiritually, I was very much less 'awake', for want of a better term, that I am now, but something about the whispering of the wind in the dunes, the emptiness and the solitude stirred my soul so deeply.. unfortunately a hasty retreat followed, keeping my (ex) girlfriend happy, such a delicate flower.. so I barely scratched the surface of the experience, but I vowed to return, or at least 'lose' myself in another desert again. I can feel it like it was yesterday. Thanks for the reminder.

This summer I re-connected with the ocean and have just bought a surfboard, evolution form the body boarding I'd do every summer as a child. It feels good to be in the sea.

Anything that takes you outdoors into nature, desert, ocean, sky, mountains or whatever = good for the soul. :)

Doesn't answer the original question posed, but just my personal experience, which is all I have.

peace x

Agree. I love the desert. Can't go out there anymore because my skin is too dry and the last time I was in Arizona my skin looked like I was a snake shedding.

There is a program on the tube called "Desert Speaks" and I watch that whenever I can.

If I wanted to meditate in front of or in the ocean how would this relate in terms of energy? Would it be considered to be good or bad?

If you feel a calling to do so, probably good.

We all know the answers to our own questions, but have forgotten how to listen.

Sign in to follow this