Paul Clark

Hello!

Hello!

My name is Paul and I've lurked here for a while but decided to join in discussion. I don't know that I can help or instruct anyone because I am very new to all of this but hopefully I can learn and make some new friends.

I would be interested to know if there was anyone here from the Dallas Ft. Worth area that might want to meet for lunch or dinner and conversation.

Paul

Hello Paul - Sure you'll find conversation here - where are you at in your studies?

Well, to be honest I'm just starting to learn simple meditation. Just trying to clear my head and focus on my breath and keep out the rushing thoughts. I've had varying degrees of success with it. I also just purchased "The Backward-Flowing method" and it's interesting reading. I don't know if this means anything but I was meditating recently and saw a white flower flash in my mind. LOL! probably a hallucination.

I am also going to be starting a Qi Gong class in the near future. I live in Texas and I don't think this type thing is taught here in many places.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by Paul Clark

hello,

I see a "white flower" too when I run a bit too fast and enter a forested area of my path. In my case it is not a hallucination but instead possibly due to low oxygen going to my eyes and the change in illumination. JJ Semple does have an audio instruction for his breathing method as well. What got you interested in his book?

hello,

I see a "white flower" too when I run a bit too fast and enter a forested area of my path. In my case it is not a hallucination but instead possibly due to low oxygen going to my eyes and the change in illumination. JJ Semple does have an audio instruction for his breathing method as well. What got you interested in his book?

I've always been interested in hidden human potential so anything related to that I've been drawn to. I can't tell you how many times I've sit down to try and move something with my mind when I was a bit younger after watching Uri Gellar or seeing the video of that Russian lady moving matches under a glass case. (It's on youtube.com if you want to see it) I've also read books on Astral Projection and find it interesting.

I've heard of Kundalini and read testimonials of those who have awakened it. So, I thought I would just read the book and possibly start the breathing part it and see where it leads. I don't know if I will try the whole thing but I am curious.

I can relate with the part about stumbling across sites that talk about PK and ESP, and then discovering books on AP or OBE at the library under the non-fiction section of all places. I read JJ's books after coming across Wilhelm and Cleary's translations and after more reading discovered that (in my opinion) kundalini is indeed part of nei gong and not necessarily a misguided linear (incomplete) spinoff as I believed previously.

with your attitude, I doubt you will try it only in part. as they say, you become what you do, or, once you start, there is no looking back. but you knew that :lol: