Sign in to follow this  
Franklin

Daoist Qi Gong- Blend of Zhan Zhuang and Moving Exercises

Just wanted to let everyone know I finished working on my next book. The E-Book is available at my site now (details below) and the hard copy version should be ready in about a month- need to get the proof copy back from the printer and check it out first.

I learned this Qi Gong set about 17 years ago and it remains one of my favorite.

I have learned a lot of different Qi Gong over the years by studying from different teachers for both martial arts and healing disciplines as well as attending Chinese Medicine School (and becoming a Nationally Certified Acupuncturist in the USA). But, this set has remained one of my favorites.

It is unique in that it combines standing meditation with the moving exercises. The standing meditation is a variation of the Wuji Zhan Zhuang and is held before, between, and after the moving exercises. There are 10 moving exercises and they work the entire body- keeping the energy flowing freely, strengthening and keeping the joints loose, regaining and maintaining the flexibility of the spine, gathering energy.

Anyways I think its a great set and thought I should share the news that the book is finished.

A new E-Book is available at Shen Long Publishing!

Daoist Qi Gong in Ten Exercises

E_Book__Daoist_Q_4cce2765325d9.jpg

Daoist Qi Gong emphasizes a harmony between movement and stillness. The 10 Exercises of this Set are relatively easy to learn yet give a tremendous benefit to the body.

A main feature of this Qi Gong set is the Meditation Stance. This posture which is a variation of Wuji Zhan Zhuang (Standing Meditation) is very effective for cultivating the body's energy or Qi. Each exercise starts from this stance and returns to it.

Practicing these exercises help to keep the body's energy flowing freely, keep the joints strong and flexible, strengthen the legs and waist, and benefit all the internal organs. This Qi Gong set also helps to regain and maintain the flexibility and mobility of the spine.

This book presents Daoist Qi Gong in Ten Exercises with clear illustrations and easy to understand directions.

Daoist Qi Gong in Ten Exercises Table of Contents

DaoistqigongTOC.jpg

You can order it here

http://www.shenlongpub.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=27&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

The E-Book is available now and the hard copy version should be available in a month or so. I need to wait for the proof copy to arrive and then check it over to make sure everything is the way it should when printed.

If you are interested in picking up the E-Book version don't delay

and use this coupon which is good for 25% Off your order (for any products)

Coupon Code is "happyhalloween"

At checkout just enter it to get your 25% Off

This coupon will be good through Thursday

Happy Training

Franklin

Shen Long Publishing

• Like 1

It is unique in that it combines standing meditation with the moving exercises. The standing meditation is a variation of the Wuji Zhan Zhuang and is held before, between, and after the moving exercises. There are 10 moving exercises and they work the entire body- keeping the energy flowing freely, strengthening and keeping the joints loose, regaining and maintaining the flexibility of the spine, gathering energy.
Cool.

Just a question though - what exactly does standing static qigong cultivate differently than moving qigong? What different purpose, focus & results do each have?

Sign in to follow this