dexter

Falun Gong

I'm a new F.G. practitioner; benefiting from the exercises, and believe that the world could use more Truthfulness, Compassion, and Tolerance.

I can't speak to the metaphysics, but I've caught "Master Li" spouting authoritative nonsense on real-world subjects, which makes me cautious about his cosmic pronouncements. And yes, some of my fellow practitioners shade off into Nostradamus, 9/11 conspiracies, doomsday preparations, etc. I look forward to hearing the opinions of others on these matters.

Hi, welcome, there are a few Falun Gong threads knocking about talking about these subjects. There are quite a few different people here with varied opinions, some dislike it, some like the exercises but hate all the rest of the guff that goes along with it, while others swallow everything said everything said about it. Personally I learned the Qigong of the system a while ago which I enjoyed but ended up moving on

Edited by Jetsun

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I think I have that general grasp of F.D.; read the book, do the exercises every day,

try to uphold the Three Values, and believe that F.D.

has the potential to do great good in the world, and China in particular,

but perhaps not under the leadership (or lack thereof) of Li Hongzhi.

Do you not stumble over Li's fallacious real-world pronouncements?

In one of his lectures he touched upon a subject I happen to know something about,

and what he said was a crock.

A man careless of the facts is a man whose Kool-Aid I'm not drinking.

Thanks for the note and video.

I would prefer to discuss this in the open in case others wish to contribute.

Do you have a response to my previous?

Thanks for the note and video.

I would prefer to discuss this in the open in case others wish to contribute.

Do you have a response to my previous?

If you want to discuss specific statements in the open you may want a specific thread? Here is the lobby section and probably it is not the right place.

I can not offer you a response when I do not know which specific statement you refer to. PM me is a good idea for a start I find. If you are not happy with my response you can launch a thread and discuss openly.

As a beginner I believe it is better to study the Fa more and be patient about the higher level understandings and not think too much about it now. In fact, there have been 18 years of higher and higher truths from Master Li as we approach the very end of the Fa-rectification phase.

Therefore only very special people can enter genuine cultivation this late in phase one. I advice you to start out by studying all the lectures from the 90s and work your way up to 2010.

I wish you good luck

Feel free to PM me and we can discuss it.

You should have nothing to fear from an open discussion.

Too bad; F.G. has the potential for great good, but it cannot succeed in the West on any effective scale as presently constituted.