onlyindreams

The Way of the Warrior

Heheh, I thought I would get a reaction like that :lol:

So not knowing about why those brave men and women were there excuses them for Murder? Hilarious. If I ever get in trouble can you defend me in court? :P

And you kind of backed up what I was saying in that last bit... As you point out America is rotten to its core. [American Tao Bums excluded!]

Those Feeble minded majority, are American, and vote in the Murderers, who send the troops to plunder...

The Freedom you are Enjoying and so proudly standing for, and are obviously ready to kill for, you only have due to Economically enslaved third world country's.

Our entire way of life relies on oil stolen from the middle east.

Comedy reflecting some nasty truth:

Have fun :)

No sir, your play on words and your crappy opinion of lives lost so you can make yourself feel 'special' is no excuse for your misrepresentation of America.. your "hehheh"s are the hollow sound of self-inflated self-worship..

There is absolutely nothing wrong or rotten with America, only the corrupt asses that tarnish it's name and the self-righteous keyboard thugs that can't distinguish an idea from the corruption of it..

In conclusion, you and your misunderstandings are one of the cancers that eat away at America.. America is not a government, it is not a military, it is not a piece of dirt with boundaries and borders.. it is an Ideal that is valid for every human on the planet.. but only available for those with the courage to uphold that Ideal, and you are not that.

Greetings..

Better to walk away than fight

Better to hurt than to maim

Better to maim than to kill

Better to kill than to be killed

Better to be a warrior in the garden

Than a gardener in the war..

There is no difference between spirit and flesh, they are both the energy that is You.. to train either is train both.

Be well..

Quoted so that people may have a chance to read it again if they missed it here....

Some succinct and powerful words right there

Just returned from an academic lunch talk. (All claims are unsubstantiated by me.)

* Upon returning from war, each returning war vet traumatizes 7-9 people

* 1/4 of the U.S. population may be traumatized by the current war effort

* 30 % of Vietnam war vets have killed

* 80 % of Iraq war vets have killed

Even introductory statistics courses teach that most statistics do not reflect the actual truth.

Better to know one's personal dharmas/ways... and thus naturally be a gardener or a soldier or a householder or a monk, etc., etc. accordingly. (all which can be warriors in their own way)

Om

I wholeheartedly agree.

Talk to us more about why you said "all [of] which can be warriors in their own way"

How so?

What is your definition of a warrior?

How can one invoke that energy, that mindset in every day living?

Can you share with us the clearest remembrance you have of a time when you felt you acted in a manner befitting a 'true' warrior?

I see this thread devolving into a petty, trivial debate about the state of geopolitics and American foreign policy. Let's bring the focus back to the path of the warrior in today's age.

No sir, your play on words and your crappy opinion of lives lost so you can make yourself feel 'special' is no excuse for your misrepresentation of America.. your "hehheh"s are the hollow sound of self-inflated self-worship..

There is absolutely nothing wrong or rotten with America, only the corrupt asses that tarnish it's name and the self-righteous keyboard thugs that can't distinguish an idea from the corruption of it..

In conclusion, you and your misunderstandings are one of the cancers that eat away at America.. America is not a government, it is not a military, it is not a piece of dirt with boundaries and borders.. it is an Ideal that is valid for every human on the planet.. but only available for those with the courage to uphold that Ideal, and you are not that.

Ew...hard core righteousness... yuk <_<

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I personally like Marbleheads 'I'll help you if I can, I'll kill you if I must' and as far as de-militarisation goes I also share the 'trust in God, but tie up your camels' perspective.

Its such a tricky Issue. If we keep building arms, so will everyone else. Thats why its called the Arms race...

But If we just throw away all our defences we are open and vulnerable to whoever...

But on the Spiritual warrior thing I do not think that is possible in the American army.

America is the bully of the world. Nearly every war it sends its soldiers too is an unjust war, murdering oppressed people.

If you join the Marines, you follow orders. No matter what they tell you to do.

You do not transform into some Loving super man, you turn into a physically elite, order obeying number within a larger body. You get given state of the art equipment, and you get sent to what ever poor country has the balls to try and keep their Oil for themselves, where you kill their civilians.

Sure you get told that you are there to over throw some dictator, so you can pat your self on the back as you toast villagers, but scratch the surface and you find America put the 'dictator' there after the previous 'dictator' tried to sell his beloved country's oil at a fair price.

I am not anti military, just anti American military foreign policy.

If you could find some military function that only serves in a 'defence' capacity, [like Aikido principles] then Great.

But if you think you can turn travelling to someone else's country to burn their people alive, to bomb them, pummel them with Depleted Uranium which will poison their land and atmosphere and deform their children for years to come, and then Steal the one and only valuable resource they own [oil], If you think you can turn that into something spiritual then you are seriously deluded...

In the Army you do not get to choose who you think is deserving of extreme force and who is not. And the memories of desperate peasants armed with Ak's and empty bellies who are just trying to defend their family's from a Monstrous foreign force, while you utterly destroy them, [while listening to death metal played through your helmets to keep you psyched] will Haunt you forever.

Don't do it. Have the Guts to be your own Man, stand on your own, under your own rule rather than becoming a order obeying killing machine.

Even Join peace core, or become some gang busting Vigilante. At least you decide who to fight.

Even working security or being a bouncer, That way you can be sure that you will only be functioning as a protector.

Better yet, devote your life to serious Martial Art training, every day, and embody the principles you read about, and one day You will Inspire so many young people to stand for something and to live well. Your Dojo would be a place of Respect.

I've said my peace. Choose wisely my friend and have a Good Life.

Seth.

First off, thanks for sharing your thoughts and beliefs.

This term 'spiritual warrior' is being thrown around often in this thread - what do those words mean to you?

and why do you believe that one cannot embody a 'spiritual warrior' in today's armed forces?

I'll say one thing in response to the other stuff you wrote: having seen and heard reports of the progress made on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan from those who are actually there - don't let what you may have read in the papers or what you have seen on the mainstream media or heard from a friend be your only reference to draw conclusions from...

Regardless of the underlying motives of the oligarchy who created this circumstance, there is much good to be found on the ground.

Regardless of what you all may believe, you will find that some of the finest minds in America, some of the biggest hearts, and many who possess a developed sense of integrity, a TRUE sense of integrity (who instinctively know the difference between right and wrong, who know that there is NO middle ground when it comes to that matter) are to be found in our nation's military.

Edited by onlyindreams

America is not a government, it is not a military, it is not a piece of dirt with boundaries and borders.. it is an Ideal that is valid for every human on the planet.. but only available for those with the courage to uphold that Ideal, and you are not that.

Ah I love a Fanatic! oops, I meant a flag toting patriot :lol:

Wow. Do you even read what you write? No really? Do you?

Read it again. Now once more... Is it starting to look kind of silly and idealistic yet?

first, sure maybe its not a Government although that Government is put there [some of] its people. And that is what the rest of the world [us] see.

Sure its not the military either, But without the U.S. Military killing all over the world we would probably be in a much better situation globally.

But not a piece of dirt with borders? Really? Tell that to the millions of Mexicans who get arrested trying to cross over. Tell that to all the gun toting Idiots ready to defend their land to the death!

And then you say Its an Ideal available to every Human on the planet! But wait, no its not! Its only available to the Brave and courageous!

I am confused! which is it? apparently I, and all the other scared, lonely frightened people are just not worthy of it!

Did you Realise that you just outlined a Fascist Regime?

A Fascist State may {some would not and would just be honest about their authoritarian nature} tell people that they are Free. But If someone such as my self criticises the way that they function, then they would deny me my Freedom on the grounds of my cancerous fearful nature.

So am I free, or am I only free do do as you tell me? :huh:

This is what I am finding very funny about many of the American patriot or right wing attitudes. They claim to be Supporting freedom like yourself but are full of Fascist undertones.

Please read, The Mass psychology of Fascism. Its written by an American who had his books burned in America, the land of the Free. :o

Now. I appreciate that you have a dream of what America, and Freedom could be like. I too Like the Vision of the Founders. But to think that that Vision, noble as it may be, can be enforced on the rest of the world is Fascism.

I personally am sick of seeing American troops slaughtering foreigners for a Dream. Do you hear me? A Dream is just that.

I practice spirituality to wake up from Dreams. And the American Dream has become a nightmare.

weigh up the two:

1. A dream of freedom for all, worth Fighting for.

2. The actual waking reality of Slaughter, Murder and Theft on an epic scale.

Take of your American Flag coloured sunglasses and see the world as it really is.

Seth.

• Like 1

Which one of you two will lay your differing opinions aside and settle down?

I admire the conviction displayed by both of you, but from my perspective, you two are now engaging in bickering, making assumptions, even arguing semantics and making statements for the sole purpose of enraging the other person...

I say this because the discussion's been led to a real loaded topic - one that could derail this thread.

Edited by onlyindreams

Ah I love a Fanatic! oops, I meant a flag toting patriot :lol:

Wow. Do you even read what you write? No really? Do you?

Read it again. Now once more... Is it starting to look kind of silly and idealistic yet?

I practice spirituality to wake up from Dreams. And the American Dream has become a nightmare.

weigh up the two:

1. A dream of freedom for all, worth Fighting for.

2. The actual waking reality of Slaughter, Murder and Theft on an epic scale.

Take of your American Flag coloured sunglasses and see the world as it really is.

Seth.

No sir, you deal with reality.. stop using defeatist rhetorical language that MISREPRESENTS the ideal that is America, as "Slaughter, Murder and Theft", that IS NOT America.. that is your way of getting attention.. and, please, feel free to call me a fanatic when it comes to this issue.. and, 'I' did not use the term "Fascist", that is another neo-conservative tactic of inflamatory misrepresentation, you're a piece of work, Seth.. yes, America is available to ALL, you just can't afford the price.. Integrity..

I admire the conviction displayed by both of you, but from my perspective, you two are now engaging in bickering, making assumptions, even arguing semantics and making statements for the sole purpose of enraging the other person...

I say this because the discussion's been led to a real loaded topic - one that could derail this thread.

This is the problem.. the 'topic is too difficult', it might "derail this thread".. Cripe, if you see bullshit, call it what it is.. apathy is the biggest weapon of mass destruction on the planet.. identify the problem and fix it, that what Americans do..

Be well..

that what Americans do..

I though this was pertinent

Please, consider the simple fact that you and I and everyone on this board exist as individuals, not statistics, and we differ slightly or immensely from those that stand beside us, whether we have are categorized arbitrarily together through some random attribute or not.

copied from a thread discussing..... sexuality :D

First off, thanks for sharing your thoughts and beliefs.

This term 'spiritual warrior' is being thrown around often in this thread - what do those words mean to you?

and why do you believe that one cannot embody a 'spiritual warrior' in today's armed forces?

I'll say one thing in response to the other stuff you wrote: having seen and heard reports of the progress made on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan from those who are actually there - don't let what you may have read in the papers or what you have seen on the mainstream media or heard from a friend be your only reference to draw conclusions from...

Regardless of the underlying motives of the oligarchy who created this circumstance, there is much good to be found on the ground.

Regardless of what you all may believe, you will find that some of the finest minds in America, some of the biggest hearts, and many who possess a developed sense of integrity, a TRUE sense of integrity (who instinctively know the difference between right and wrong, who know that there is NO middle ground when it comes to that matter) are to be found in our nation's military.

Awesome, thanks for an Intelligent reply. :)

First for me to be a Spiritual Warrior, I must cultivate a kind heart, and courage, and wisdom.

I must be willing to stand for what's right, Face Adversity and Defend those who are protectorless.

I practice MA, and I try to find the peaceful option to diffusing situations.

I must be present and aware of my environment, and willing to risk death to resolve what I must.

In developing Wisdom I know how to act in each moment perfectly. This makes me supremely free.

For this reason I would never willingly join a group with conflicted moral values. That would compromise my own Integrity.

2. I do not believe that one can not be a spiritual warrior in today's armed forces. I Do however believe that at present, one can Not be a spiritual warrior in America's armed forces.

My reason for believing this Is that the American army is a corrupt killing machine. At present it resides over Murder and Mass Slaughter, not Defence and righteousness.

It Invades other peoples country's, takes their Oil, Kills their men, women and children, and Install's governments that suit America. Where is the Freedom?

You can not practice spirituality and engage in the slaughter of Innocent people.

And that is exactly what American troops are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3wcLTtXhI

3. I also have friends who are in Afghanistan and were in Iraq for Years. We have talked at great length about their experiences there so I am properly Informed.

Iraq is in a far worse situation since Saddam got booted. My Neighbours are Iraqi refugees. They are very afraid for their family's now when before they were not.

4. Sure some army people will be big hearted and/or Intelligent. So were many Nazi's to the people they loved and cared for. This in now way means they are spiritual Warriors.

Peace! Seth.

--Moderator's Warning--

Please, no ad hominem attacks. "Your crappy opinions" is nowhere near as close to our guidelines as "your opinions I disagree with," and "you are one of the cancers" is a statement you can make if you are a PET scan -- if you are not, consider yourself disqualified from diagnosing.

Heated debate is fine, but please no name-calling of your opponents.

Yes I have been baiting him a little. It was a bit too easy :lol:

Please show me an assumption you believe I have made? All I can see [naturally :lol: ] is my list of Highly Intelligent reply's to fairly stupid arguments...

Seth.

No sir, you deal with reality.. stop using defeatist rhetorical language that MISREPRESENTS the ideal that is America, as "Slaughter, Murder and Theft", that IS NOT America.. that is your way of getting attention.. and, please, feel free to call me a fanatic when it comes to this issue.. and, 'I' did not use the term "Fascist", that is another neo-conservative tactic of inflamatory misrepresentation, you're a piece of work, Seth.. yes, America is available to ALL, you just can't afford the price.. Integrity..

You seem upset?! And still denying me my freedom? That is what I was saying is Fascist.

If you reread my post you will see that did not say you used the word Fascist. Really, look for quote marks. Any there?

What I did point out however was the obvious fascistic undertones to your perspective.

You Believe you are American and stand for Freedom while simultaneously trying to rob me of my rights to freedom and free speech.

Naughty naughty, and Very Very Un American! The Founders would be appalled! :huh::lol:

Peace Bro! :)

Hi Seth,

Nice post. I will speak to the two items below.

But on the Spiritual warrior thing I do not think that is possible in the American army.

America is the bully of the world. Nearly every war it sends its soldiers too is an unjust war, murdering oppressed people.

I will totally disagree mainly because I am an exception to this suggestion. If I am then it can be true for anyone else.

I had my most spiritual experience while serving in the war in Vietnam. Spirituality is internal, totally absent of all external forces and influences.

I have never murdered an oppressed person. If I did ever kill anyone (I will not say if I have or have not) it was because I understood that they would kill me if I did not take action.

I am not anti military, just anti American military foreign policy.

Well, I am against much of my nations' foreign policy too. I thought that the Vietnam War was totally unnecessary. I thought the wars in Iraq were totally unnecessary.

The war in Afghanistan is a different story. We (the US) are there as part of the UN forces trying to distroy terrorist networks. At least, that was the original purpose and still is an underlying purpose.

Regretfully, the US is becoming, or already is, a Fascist state, and our foreign policies are being controlled by the powerful and wealthy of the United States. We, the people, have little to say regarding how our government operates anymore.

But I still love my country because the philosophy that is the base of our constitution is just as valid today as it was 250 years ago.

Ok, the evolution of that saying could become something like, "we have met our friend and he is us" or "we have met the life force and it is us". Thus the first saying (related to the enemy) is made in context to that level of reality - which does not cover the whole kit and ca-boodle by a long shot. (no pun intended ;-)

Borrowing from a form of Christain saying: If one is rooted in the Tao of whom shall they fear?

Om

Thank you Bob. That made me feel better about that subject of collected words. :)

Ah! But knowing your enemies and fearing your enemies are two different concepts.

I have made a few enemies during my life. I regret that but it is a fact. I have no doubt that I have would-be enemies if conditions ever allowed for it.

But to know our enemies and to fear our enemies are two totally different concepts.

I see this thread devolving into a petty, trivial debate about the state of geopolitics and American foreign policy. Let's bring the focus back to the path of the warrior in today's age.

Agree.

And I hope Bob can reply to your request.

I do understand what he was pointing at but I think a response will add much to this discussion.

Frankly I find all this talk about dying for your country kind of pointless. My philosophy has always been, worry about immediate family and friends first, then worry about the community and so on and so forth. Dying for politicians in DC is pretty low on my priority list.

And in regards to the War on Terror (or whatever it's called these days), it's completely fabricated. Our supposed casus-belli, 9/11, is completely illegitimate as it was conducted as a false flag operation by the same U.S government that screamed bloody murder, kind of like the Gulf of Tonkin. So the whole deal (yes, even Afghanistan) is a big lie. Don't believe the hype.

Hey onlyindreams

i been reading through what you have been talking about and in my humble opinion i think that the idea of a gallant enlightened warrior is more important to you than the idea of being enlightened; during my time training in kung fu i strived for exactly the same thing and all i found out that Iwas pretending to play a role that i thought would look good to other people.. If your mind is telling you that being an enlightened warrior is appealing tell ur mind to shut up because its getting in the way of your true enlightenment. All the stuff you are posting is only creating you a bigger and more hungry ego and that will only slow ur journey.

i guess i would just leave you with this - Every thing you need to be enlightened is in this current moment the universe has already laid it out for you; this warrior code etc will only serve to divert your attention to what is important

btw not saying martial arts is bad just use it as a sign post not the destination

Good thing he didn't call Seth a real insult like "cheerleader", or he would've been banned for a week! Thank the Tao for moderating consistency!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth