Sign in to follow this  
Procurator

Dao and De

I have to be a little sarcastic about this posting. The terms "shortest path" hmmm, I did not know there was any rush. Can I actually PERFECT the Dao, I want a can of that and I want it now! And the comment that "It is for the first time in history that a genuine Taoist school was established in the west." is that so I ask? And can I really meet the master? Well, thanks for letting me rant a little. Daism seems to be all the rage these days, I think I will start a Daoist retreat for pets, hey Spot, can you name the Dao? "Ruff Ruff" , now thats a good daoist doggy!!!

hahahahahahhaha thats gonna keep me laughing all day. :) don't get too serious I say.

Hi DQ,

despite your sarcasm you raise some valid points so allow me to address them:

The terms "shortest path" hmmm, I did not know there was any rush.

yes. buddhists compare human life to a drop of dew on the blade of grass. life is short- there is rush.

Can I actually PERFECT the Dao

yes. the chinese expression is 成道。 To perfect or to complete Dao, both our own Dao within us, and the Great Dao. Great as it is, when we join it -we complete it.

"It is for the first time in history that a genuine Taoist school was established in the west." is that so I ask?

and you are right on the money again. The school is headquartered in China, is recognised by the Daoist Association, the lineage holder is alive and well, so as opposed to others it has all the bona fides of a real deal.

don't get too serious I say.

Sorry no can do. For us its a most serious matter.

don't get too serious I say.

Sorry no can do. For us its a most serious matter.

Interesting, you know. You both are correct. Everything matters but nothing matters. (short term vs. long term)

Sign in to follow this