Bashar vs. The Buddha

I'm curious to know what some of you think about Bashar's teaching and

the Buddha's teaching. Bashar says to following the path of least resistance

and the path of greatest joy. Buddha also said we are trapped here

like fish caught in a net, according to the teachings and that we must

work to get out of the samsara. To me, what bashar says and what

the buddha taught really do not go together. I'm not really

a buddhist or near enligthenment, but I try to understand buddha's teaching

to try to put every major teaching into perspective.

Bashar says we are here on our own choice, and we keep choosing to come

back. I think even OSHO said this. However, the buddha says it is not

our choice, but we are carried by our karma winds.

Has anyone thought about this, or am I just thinking too much?

You can youtube bashar if you haven't seen him. The guy Daryl has been

channeling him since 1983.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY2hxyACQJ8

Yes but that's what Karma actually is. Karma is not a force or law outside of ourselves. If we suffer consequences, then we must have created the causes for them. The teaching of karma goes hand in hand with anatta/no self, so we shouldn't confuse that as having a soul which migrates from body to body. Only karma remains after each lifetime. Just my two cents.

I don't think, based on what you said, that there is a contradiction.

Buddha said, Nirvana is the greatest bliss. So he taught the path to the greatest bliss, which is Nirvana.

Buddha also said, Desire is the cause of suffering. He also explained that desire is broken up into the desire to get something, the desire to get rid of something (aka resistance, aversion), and the desire to become something.

Through his practice, realization and insights into the nature of reality allows us to break through all clinging to self-hood, solidity, permanency, inherency, and let go of all grasping, desires, aversion/resistance, etc etc.

Yes, many years ago I thought on that but realized I was thinking too much so I became a Taoist.

Imo that was a demonstration of low-level astral indulgence along with exposing kids to same, what a shame.

Any heavenly being that is truly working with and for the divine (way) does not have the need to "channel"; thus if there is a true spiritual need and sincere purity of heart on our part they can make direct, helpful and spiritually up-lifting contact without the use of a flim-flam man.

Thinking obviously has it place and uses, for without it we are like a leaf in the wind that is blown about by every type of influence that comes along...

There is one true desire and the fulfillment of it, without that all is more or less the "vanity of vanities".

Reading all of the countless and very often conflicting interpretations and commentaries of the Buddhas words can and likely will blow your mind!! (which for me is also about par-for-course with all of the major and minor religions being taught on earth) None-the-less many truths abound and can be found, both within and without.

Best wishes in your search.

Om

Edited by 3bob

I can't speak for Buddha, but I'll say this. I think it's correct to follow the path of the greatest joy, provided your identity has been integrated with others. What I mean by this is that if you see yourself as an island, your greatest joy might easily end up being someone else's greatest suffering. However, if you see other beings in yourself and yourself in other beings, then following your greatest joy will not cause great/catastrophic harm to fellow human beings.

As for the path of least resistance, most of the resistance we experience is self-created artificial bullshit resistance. At the same time, not all resistance is bullshit resistance. Sometimes resistance is necessary. To know the difference you need wisdom. And wisdom is not something you can borrow from others. You must develop wisdom in yourself and in the process of becoming wiser, you'll make lots of mistakes, which is the natural process of learning.

So I think it's a good idea to investigate and question resistance and to eliminate any of it that is not essential. But one shouldn't develop aversion to resistance. Nor should one develop fear of resistance. This would turn the medicine into poison. So it's OK to resist sometimes and it's silly to avoid all resistance. Just avoiding stupid and unproductive resistance is enough. And like I said before, what is stupid and what's not is not an easy thing to determine. You need wisdom for that.

Edited by goldisheavy

I believe in the buddha's teachings and everything he has taught I find accurate. What is

also so, is I have followed bashar for many years now and I have not found a wrinkle in his

words. Everything I am experiencing I have learned first as a Taoist and these experiences

are exactly what bashar is talking about. I have also read many books that say we are light

beings that have intentially come here to experience this reality because we did not let

light enter certain dark areas of our being. He says they are 1000 years ahead of us in evolution, and where we will be in 1000 years from now. Thus we are here to learn to. They

call many of us Lightworkers who have come back! Youtube lightworkers...

They say we have come here with everything already planned. Before we came we had advisors who

we talked to and mapped out our course of life. What major obstacles we will experience

ect... and that everyone is here essentially playing roles like in a movie. They said we

choose our parents and our parents choose us, we determined what personality we will have,

what we will look like, etc...

But, what the buddha teaches, i believe in the impermanence stuff, but he also says we

are stuck here like fish caught in a net. This is not what bashar has said. He has

said we choose to come back each time, over and over. He even said when we die in

a car crash, we can choose to come back after we are dead to the same life. He

said it is our choice. For example, the one guy that survived a plane crash

and all 300 passengers were killed. He is saying, that 1 passenger didn't really survive,

but decided to come back, whereas, the rest did not choose to.

I have also read other where, they say many of us have chosen to be reborn here during

this period of major awakening, to bring light to the world.

I wonder if Buddha's teaching is outdated. When he taught 2000 years ago, we

were not at this major awakening period. I can understand 2000 years ago, people

would be reborn over and over into worlds without the darma, but now is different.

If I was to be reborn again here, the world would be more evolved.

Anyways, I'm trying to merge the new age theories, of us as light beings intentially

coming here to experience this reality with a blueprint, and having a choice to return vs.

buddha's teaching which is you don't have choice, but are carried by karma.

Its almost like buddha's path will lead to enlightenment or the light body, but isn't

that already what we are before we came into being human? If we get to that

point by skipping all the other steps in between, won't we miss out on knowing

how it felt to live like a quasi light being vs. a pure light being.? Like skipping childhood fun, only to reach adulthood with freedom quickly?

I rememeber bashar saying, by trying to obtain enlightenment and shut oneself off,

one is essentially avoiding what one has come here to experience. My guess, is

buddha's path, helps us jump through the hoops, to get to the icecream, as quickly

as possible. I guess buddha's path is skip jr high, high school, college, and

kick back on the beaches of maui. Ok. I think I just answered my question.

I also remember bashar saying, that if we do that, we will defeat the purpose of

coming here in the first place. That means we will eventually have to return.

They say many monks who have meditated and obtained very high levels will eventually

have to return again, because they have not learned to live in the real world

with their obtainments. They still have their ego that has not been tamed through

regular life. Isolation does not help the ego-mind. It simply quiets the mind.

In regular life, one can not avoid others, and must learn to deal with them.

I'm guessing, they choose to come back to fully test themselves. Its fine

and to have all that energy and sit in isolation, but thats not really

a test. The test is taking that into the world and not tripping over oneself

with other people that are not awake. How will one handle one's energy

among others is the question?

There are apparently many different levels on which many are supposed to experience.

I think the path goes something like, gradual awakening, minor awakening, major awakening

all within successive rebirths. It seems everyone has their own path to follow

based on their advisors recommendations. This is why we can not teach some

people the way, because it is not their time. Some people are happy with

their life, at least this go around.

... thinking too much!

Edited by dragonfire

'Buddha' is the symbol of a realized awareness, and enlightened activity.

Buddhahood is exemplified by one whose awareness has becomes unbounded, where dualistic vision has ceased, and where all subtle traces of 'selfhood' has been abandoned. One who has returned to this stateless state no longer re-acts to circumstantial arisings, but act in accordance with equanimous compassion and limitless presence, 'doing' without even the slightest trace of sensing a 'do-er'.

When 'do-er' is absent, there is no identity of personhood.

When there is no identity of personhood, there will be no person there to accrue any new karma.

When new karma does not accrue, in time, all old karmic traces will eventually extinguish when their energetic force dissipates in accordance with the law of cause and effect.

As karmic energies dissipates, the feeling of separateness, which causes grasping and aversions, gradually dissolve, whereby the gap, the self-imposed chasm that sees opposing realities, is narrowed - then the potential for endless rebirths (of the same karmic propensities and habitual reactions) loses its force accordingly.

As the gap narrows, the roots of old habits and propensities for new ones (which carries old taints) will gradually lose their power to grasp at fertile space for re-growth.

When such spaces are not accorded to old tendencies, it is like choosing not to refill a clean cup of crystal-clear water with stained liquids.

There is nothing outdated with the above logic. It is timeless, and is present in all the authentic spiritual traditions.

Any one whose realization is evolving, reaching to a point where the solidity of self is seen as without basis, because this view is the root cause of all traces of ignorance, greed and other undesirable emotions, hence work on the self to loosen its contracted past, is on the way to Buddhahood, even if he or she is not Buddhist and have not even heard of Buddhism, but this does not alter the fact that their very realization is Dhamma, and Dhamma is beyond selective biases and competition.

The Buddha can be seen in all enlightened activity, and all enlightened activity can be seen thru the eyes of one who is free of clinging and aversion.

Giving up clinging and aversion is not exclusive to Buddhists.

Even Bashar can choose to do this.

Anyone can.

Anyone can be a buddha.

It just takes practice.

Smile.

Buddhahood is exemplified by one whose awareness has becomes unbounded, where dualistic vision has ceased, and where all subtle traces of 'selfhood' has been abandoned. One who has returned to this stateless state no longer re-acts to circumstantial arisings, but act in accordance with equanimous compassion and limitless presence, 'doing' without even the slightest trace of sensing a 'do-er'.

When there is no identity of personhood, there will be no person there to accrue any new karma.

When new karma does not accrue, in time, all old karmic traces will eventually extinguish when their energetic force dissipates in accordance with the law of cause and effect.

As karmic energies dissipates, the feeling of separateness, which causes grasping and aversions, gradually dissolve, whereby the gap, the self-imposed chasm that sees opposing realities, is narrowed - then the potential for endless rebirths (of the same karmic propensities and habitual reactions) loses its force accordingly.

As the gap narrows, the roots of old habits and propensities for new ones (which carries old taints) will gradually lose their power to grasp at fertile space for re-growth.

When such spaces are not accorded to old tendencies, it is like choosing not to refill a clean cup of crystal-clear water with stained liquids.

There is nothing outdated with the above logic. It is timeless, and is present in all the authentic spiritual traditions.

Any one whose realization is evolving, reaching to a point where the solidity of self is seen as without basis, because this view is the root cause of all traces of ignorance, greed and other undesirable emotions, hence work on the self to loosen its contracted past, is on the way to Buddhahood, even if he or she is not Buddhist and have not even heard of Buddhism, but this does not alter the fact that their very realization is Dhamma, and Dhamma is beyond selective biases and competition.

The Buddha can be seen in all enlightened activity, and all enlightened activity can be seen thru the eyes of one who is free of clinging and aversion.

Anyone can.

Anyone can be a buddha.

It just takes practice.

Smile.

:D Awesome!

Hi Cowtao,

Nice reply earlier. I assume you meant everyone is a Buddha, it just takes practice to unveil such?

Om

Hi Cowtao,

Nice reply earlier. I assume you meant everyone is a Buddha, it just takes practice to unveil such?

Om

Buddhism doesn't say "is" in that sense, rather that you have the potential. You are not a Buddha 3bob unless you actually realize as such through the path. You do have Buddha nature though, which just means you are empty of inherent existence, not that you have an inherently enlightened soul that is permanent regardless of everything.

Anyone can.

Anyone can be a buddha.

It just takes practice.

Smile.

Smile,

I think what bashar is teaching us, is that we are already on that evolutionary path

to buddhahood as a group consciousness. This path will not take fruition until another

1000 years into our future, thus, successive rebirths for the majority. However,

many individuals... I suspect those who like to visit his board, are the ones who

are once returners and higher along the path.

Bashar says his people are approaching 6th density. I wonder what consciousness level

this would be at, as the buddha was reported to go beyond 8th consciousness.

Buddhism doesn't say "is" in that sense, rather that you have the potential. You are not a Buddha 3bob unless you actually realize as such through the path. You do have Buddha nature though, which just means you are empty of inherent existence, not that you have an inherently enlightened soul that is permanent regardless of everything.

VJ, What Buddhism or what the Buddha said is inherently debateable for eternity.

more so when dealing with an expert like yourself. ;):huh:^_^:lol:

Hi Cowtao,

Om

Yes 3Bob... Everyone has the potential to bring the seed of Buddhahood into growth. Its a process of gradually diminishing the ideas of a self to be replaced by a growing sense of interconnectedness and the practice of non-harming.

The wisdom of realizing interconnectedness releases grasping and ego-fixation.

The wisdom of non-harming releases discriminatory biases, whereby one no longer need to dodge the perceived evils of this world, and be weighed down with the struggles of moral dilemmas, due to having attuned to a more equanimous way of perceiving things.

With such an attitude, the tendency to compare and conclude whatever is perceived based on conceptual and subjective views may become more relaxed. Taking sides become less important, and the need for expecting/exacting righteous results, which is a deep form of contraction, is let go of. As this relaxation becomes a new habit, then whatever happens tend not to stick so easily on the mindstream. When things do not get to stick on the mindstream, then one can flow with less impediment, like a river that is free of debris and old wood.

Most of us touch this 'growth' in our daily thoughts and activities, but due to old forces of habits still not routed out from a lack of mindful awareness and presence, such moments of integrated awareness do not sustain very long, and after a while, one will notice(or not notice) that distraction has taken place, and the mind then wanders off, becomes side-tracked from those moments where the 'self' is not the focus of one's preoccupation.

When there is a smooth flow of awareness, the essence of this state of being is not different than the essence of awareness that is all-pervasive in the buddhas. In this, we are not so different than the buddhas - the difference, however, is that the buddhas are able to sustain and remain in this non-discriminatory awareness effortlessly and infinitely, whereas ours come and go, like a car that sometimes drives smoothly and at other times just chugs along, almost as if struggling against its own potential as a car. In the buddhas, such struggles have already been routed out, emptied, due simply to the realization of Shunya. Shunya is like a mirror that reflects... a mirror never retains images, all it does is reflect. When images are not retained, what is there is get stuck and create new karma? Our struggle very often is created because we dont have the power to reflect/deflect, but instead we retain so much stuff, as if our mindstream is like a camera or a camcorder.

:)

Be peace!

Yes 3Bob... Everyone has the potential to bring the seed of Buddhahood into growth. Its a process of gradually diminishing the ideas of a self to be replaced by a growing sense of interconnectedness and the practice of non-harming.

The wisdom of realizing interconnectedness releases grasping and ego-fixation.

The wisdom of non-harming releases discriminatory biases, whereby one no longer need to dodge the perceived evils of this world, and be weighed down with the struggles of moral dilemmas, due to having attuned to a more equanimous way of perceiving things.

With such an attitude, the tendency to compare and conclude whatever is perceived based on conceptual and subjective views may become more relaxed. Taking sides become less important, and the need for expecting/exacting righteous results, which is a deep form of contraction, is let go of. As this relaxation becomes a new habit, then whatever happens tend not to stick so easily on the mindstream. When things do not get to stick on the mindstream, then one can flow with less impediment, like a river that is free of debris and old wood.

Most of us touch this 'growth' in our daily thoughts and activities, but due to old forces of habits still not routed out from a lack of mindful awareness and presence, such moments of integrated awareness do not sustain very long, and after a while, one will notice(or not notice) that distraction has taken place, and the mind then wanders off, becomes side-tracked from those moments where the 'self' is not the focus of one's preoccupation.

When there is a smooth flow of awareness, the essence of this state of being is not different than the essence of awareness that is all-pervasive in the buddhas. In this, we are not so different than the buddhas - the difference, however, is that the buddhas are able to sustain and remain in this non-discriminatory awareness effortlessly and infinitely, whereas ours come and go, like a car that sometimes drives smoothly and at other times just chugs along, almost as if struggling against its own potential as a car. In the buddhas, such struggles have already been routed out, emptied, due simply to the realization of Shunya. Shunya is like a mirror that reflects... a mirror never retains images, all it does is reflect. When images are not retained, what is there is get stuck and create new karma? Our struggle very often is created because we dont have the power to reflect/deflect, but instead we retain so much stuff, as if our mindstream is like a camera or a camcorder.

:)

Be peace!

Very nicely said CowTao.

But my point was that "Buddha nature" is not forged or made through all of these practices; it is already complete beyond the potential of seed type analogies thus we as that true identity are already complete, which is the awakening that the historic Buddha had and unveiled from that pov - instead of from the often common pov of the veiled mentating about some future enlightenment that can never take place since enlightenment is only and forever now. (mental practices can only clear mental veils which is their purpose)

Om

Om

Very nicely said CowTao.

But my point was that "Buddha nature" is not forged or made through all of these practices; it is already complete beyond the potential of seed type analogies thus we as that true identity are already complete, which is the awakening that the historic Buddha had and unveiled from that pov - instead of from the often common pov of the veiled mentating about some future enlightenment that can never take place since enlightenment is only and forever now. (mental practices can only clear mental veils which is their purpose)

Om

Om

Point well taken 3bob. :)

Certainly one's intrinsic nature of buddhahood cannot be created - if it can be forged, as you nicely put it, then it can only be a mental fabrication at best.

When there is complete resting in wisdom awareness even the concept of enlightenment is let go of. Of what use are man-made conceptual views to one who neither comes nor goes?

Clearing mental veils gradually reveal this intrinsic wisdom awareness.

As clarity replaces obscure and dualistic thoughts, one no longer see the need for too many words. Here, one is reminded of the mind-to-mind transmission that the Tathagata gave to the senior monk Mahakasyapa (flower sutra).

Thanks for sharing your insight.

Neither are infallible. I don't listen to the bulk of Buddhas teachings personally because he likes to make you think you have to reincarnate 8 times as a monk to attain enlightenment. Bashar sounds more practical and less religious.

Neither are infallible. I don't listen to the bulk of Buddhas teachings personally because he likes to make you think you have to reincarnate 8 times as a monk to attain enlightenment. Bashar sounds more practical and less religious.

bashar is freakn awesome! he's probably the nearest I can come to meeting anyone near

the level of buddha. his people are approaching light bodies completely. his ability to explain things in very simple terms, yet he is able to go very deep. when i first saw channeling, i didn't quite believe in it

because the channelers keep repeating words. with bashar, he is flawless! i try

to critique every word he says, but I can not find a fake. he hasn't changed a bit

from 1983 to NOW! You can tell darryl has changed, but bashar has not. The kids he channeled to in 1983 are grown up now and asking him

for more advice.

I'm attending his seminar in Nov 20th!

That was only that time to certain people. Remember there is also the Vajrayana and Dzogchen teachings of right now enlightened vision!

Also a good set of internalizing practices that one does religiously is only going to benefit anyone who partakes. This is very practical.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Could someone could me a link to practical methods of Bashar?

How do these compare to eg. Vipassana in terms of efficiency and number of enlightened individuals?

Bashar - Follow the path of least resistance, the path of greatest joy.

Buddha - There is suffering.

Gee, I wonder why people'd find Bashar more "practical". :lol:

But from watching the video it seems to me like Bashar is a relative of Spock or something. :lol:

Buddha: (in my understanding) there is awakening from relative suffering...

Om

Nobody said you have to reincarnate 8 times as a monk to attain enlightenment.

Buddha said from the beginning by practicing the four foundations of mindfulness, you attain liberation in as little as 7 days, at most 7 years. (if you put in effort of course)

Sign in to follow this