Stigweard

Announcement: Reputation System Now Activated

You can use it via the plus and minus buttons at the bottom right of any post.

Hit PLUS for particularly well-written, interesting, respectful posts that contribute to the discussion and overall vibe, even if you disagree with the actual viewpoint presented.

Hit MINUS for particularly pointless, troll-ish, self-absorbed, hijacking, de-railing comments out of resonance with the spirit of TTB and that add nothing to the discussion or the community (even if you for some reason you kind of agree with the actual point of view of the post).

Enjoy!

<-- Moderation Team -->

• Like 6

Okay. I checked it out. You now have one positive point.

LOL ... Yay!!

You do know you are gunna hog the rep votes :P

Reputation tallies can be found on individual's profile page ;)

• Like 2

Interesting.

...especially as I've been using those pluses and minuses for sometime here, thinking that they we're just affecting something on a level that I couldn't tap into.... Nice to know they'll actually do something now :lol:

balance.

• Like 2

Hit MINUS for particularly pointless, troll-ish, self-absorbed, hijacking, de-railing comments out of resonance with the spirit of TTB and that add nothing to the discussion or the community (even if you for some reason you kind of agree with the actual point of view of the post).

What?! I thought that was in the spirit of TTB? :D

• Like 1

As much as I dislike pinned topics... I've pinned this one (at least for a little while :lol: )

• Like 2

Interesting.

...especially as I've been using those pluses and minuses for sometime here, thinking that they we're just affecting something on a level that I couldn't tap into.... Nice to know they'll actually do something now :lol:

balance.

Oh that's funny. Did you feel a secret and slightly wicked glee at pushing the minus button and not knowing what it was negatively affecting?

• Like 2

it is unfortunate to see this ego-mechanism system being implemented, I hope it is done away with

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how it turns out. On some boards it becomes a really useful feature, while on others..... not so useful.

As I recently read in a book "waiting brings fullness" so we will see what TTB makes of it :)

• Like 3

You can use it via the plus and minus buttons at the bottom right of any post.

Hit PLUS for particularly well-written, interesting, respectful posts that contribute to the discussion and overall vibe, even if you disagree with the actual viewpoint presented.

Enjoy!

<-- Moderation Team -->

In comparison, the sage,

in harmony with the Tao,

needs no comparisons,

and when he makes them, knows

that comparisons are judgements,

and just as relative to he who makes them,

and to the situation,

as they are to that on which

the judgement has been made.

ok, ok, I realize that a moderator's life is not easy, and I appreciate the service that TTB moderators provide to the community at large- but are you looking for public support of decisions to ostracize individuals from the board- are you thinking you will shame the trolls out from under the bridges- are we thinking this is valuable feedback for some individuals? Hmmm, well, maybe so!

How do you plan to assess whether this feature benefits the discussion, or inhibits the discussion? Do you have metrics you can discuss? I don't mind taking part in the experiment, but I wonder how we will know what the result if we don't know what it was intended to achieve. Thank you.

• Like 1

I took a look at Facebook, and they only allow "like" and "comment", and they print the name of the person who hit the like button too (I think). That might be a way to go, if we have that option (pluses only)- that way people who liked a post but didn't find words to add a response could contribute, and nobody gets hurt.

Do we have that option, I wonder?

• Like 1