de_paradise

wheat grass juice. a great qi boost

I've started growing my own wheatgrass. Initially it attracted me because its a superfood that can be cultivated indoors year-round. My body loves this stuff. Anyone else doing the wheatgrass thing?

I want to start doing it too but I dont have a juicer. I think I might just get a good nut milk bag and blend it all and then strain it. It might take longer though.. I got a Vitamix blender.

I dont have a juicer yet either, its on my Christmas list. With a blender, you just add water and then strain out the fibers later. It seems to work ok.

@Gerard: No, not Taiwanese, but I really like their culture.

Edited by de_paradise

Never heard of that, but I drink hot tea to help boost my system: green tea, red tea, black tea with red fruits, and white tea--each has its own special purpose. I prefer hot drinks or room temperature water over juice most of the time.

Ah! OK. So you living in Hualien, right?

Excellent oolong teas in Taiwan. Sorry, no idea about the topic of discussion.

• Like 1

No comparison to tea, this is a superfood, extraordinarily nutrient rich.

I love this video:

We're all entitled to our own opinion. But I'll stick with drinking tea as well as Jiaogulan. Have you heard of it? 绞股蓝

I love tea too, especially the Gaoshan Tea from Alishan in Taiwan.

But if you get an opportunity to try a shot of fresh pressed wheatgrass juice, try it, and maybe you'll see what Im all excited about.

Not only that, wheatgrass is so easy to sprout and grow by yourself, and its ready to cut after a week. So that means you have your own independant supply of superfood. Can you grow tea by yourself? What other superfood can you plant year-round in your house, dont even need soil.

I love tea too, especially the Gaoshan Tea from Alishan in Taiwan.

Good stuff. I'd like to recommend you the following top teas from Li Shan and Shan Lin Xi: Long Feng Xia, Wu Ling, Da Yu Ling, Shan Lin Xi & Tsuei Luan.

Yum cha! :)

I LOVE jiaogulan. too bad the chinese store around here stopped selling it!!!!! I wonder why. So many things on there used to be sold that were good quality, now they all have sulfites and additives, or low low quality.

anyways.

I like barley grass too. I dont have a juicer but one day I will get one and start sprouting my own.

For now I take barley grass powder and wheat grass powder.

But I think Im going to stick with barley grass since it has twice the nutrients, and more. It also has b12.

I LOVE jiaogulan. too bad the chinese store around here stopped selling it!!!!! I wonder why. So many things on there used to be sold that were good quality, now they all have sulfites and additives, or low low quality.

anyways.

I like barley grass too. I dont have a juicer but one day I will get one and start sprouting my own.

For now I take barley grass powder and wheat grass powder.

But I think Im going to stick with barley grass since it has twice the nutrients, and more. It also has b12.

Check this out... powders are supposedly better than tray grown grass:

http://www.amorganics.com/dehydrated-wheatgrass-vs-wheatgrass-juice-a/141.htm

Oh, I read wheat and barley grass were roughly the same, but that would be a bonus. Westerners are said to prefer wheat grass because its sweeter flavour, but barley is less sweet. Personally I dont need sweet.

That article touts their wheatgrass gets 200 days of sun, but its well known that you must harvest the wheatgrass a few days after it comes up or it will lose the nutritional value. So their wheatgrass must be withering chaff by 200 days. Thats pretty insane.

In any case, I sense a feeling of love kind of qi rush when I drink fresh wheatgrass juice, that is the extraordinary effect that made me want to post.