z00se

Food Energetics fooling me

According to TCM fruit and veges are cool, with fruit juice being the most cooling and meats and fats being the hotter foods. BUT.. if i drink lots of fruit juice and eat lots of fruit it gives me lots of energy and i don't feel calm or yin (maybe because of too much sugar??). Then meditation is supposed to be yin too, but if i meditate intensely for a whole day, or a week, during that day / those days, i have periods of relaxedness but also periods of fustration and very un-relaxed feelings. After i stop meditating in the days afterwards i feel more relaxed, but still not calm and i have heaps of energy. It seems things yin things actually make me feel more yang. Funny enough though if i go back to eating heavier more warming foods, or begin a more busy life after meditating breaks i feel more yin and relaxed (while on the journey of being more yang).

Then on the other side of the coin.... if i run or go to the gym which are yang exercises after i feel relaxed, calm and more yin! what the...?

But then i know if I keep doing yang things to feel more relaxed etc i finally become exhausted and feel tired and can get exhaustion and internal heat symptoms. But further, when i begin doing more yin things after the exhaustion my internal heat and exhaustion symptoms get worse because my body is beginning to decelerate and i feel super exhausted and dry. But this is the only way my body can recover.

What does make me feel yin and calm is being consiously connected to the earth energy while at work throughout the day and the 6 healing sounds. But these are using the mind to effect the yin/yang balance directly.

So now i find via eating food, by eating yang food i become more calm and yin initially but later become more yang. Then by eating yin food i become more energetic initially but then more yin.

Another point is coffee. I guess that coffee is yang (not sure?) So you drink coffee, become yang and warm then when it wears off or you don't drink it you are exhausted and become yin and cold. It's like the energetics of food fool you into thinking your going in one direction when later you end up in the other direction.

I'm interested in everyones personal experiences with food /drinks. Especially anyone trained in TCM like Paul Walter.

I think it's important if you realise what the food is doing to you because it can make meditation easier.

Thinking too much like you do, feeds fire on the liver, hence the fire will not only leave outside it's normal location (head) but the rest of the body. ;)

Eat what is good according to your own energetics.

Btw, swap coffee for Chinese & Taiwanese (oolong) teas which will bring Cha Qi into your body and alkalize it. Our world is to acidic.

Edited: Forgot to mention that the liver stores and regulates the volume of blood circulation so when it gets burnt due to excess fire...(you can imagine what happens next).

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Yeah it's true i do think too much but food definately has different effects.

Another thing that seems strange to me is that in mantak chia's book's and other places i've read that it's best to be yin. When you are yin you don't get cold in winter. But yin is cooling so how can being yin keep you warm in winter?

Or... is it that in the process of being yin your body by nature of trying to become balanced slowly becomes more yang to the balance point and in the process you feel warm.

Anyone?

It's not as simple as "yin is relaxing" and "yang is energizing". The idea is to be become balanced as a whole, and you will be both relaxed and energized. What specifically balances you will be different for each person, on any given day. So if you're too yin, then yang will balance you and you'll be relaxed. If you're too yang, then yin will balance you. The same idea applies to hot and cold, etc.

Edited by jvaran