mewtwo

I wana be blunt and ask a question?

But the world isn't quite ready for us

If it's any consolation, the world at large isn't quite ready for different-color skin, a different religion or none whatsoever, a different body shape, a different-length nose, a different accent, a different car to drive or driving no car... the list goes on and on. The world is not ready for "not-like-me." Not ready for "smarter-than-me," "thinner-than-me," "fatter-than-me," "better-off-than-me," "poorer-than-me," "weirder-than-me," "more-conventional-than-me..." You are in a good company with about seven billion people like you!:lol:

Greetings..

I asked a Taoist mentor about this issue, he said: Male/male is hard/hard is friction, heat.. female/female is soft/soft is no structure no substance.. male/female is balance.. all that is not evident in just what the eye sees, or the heart feels, the energies themselves are led by the mind's intentions and cannot be understood apart from the relationship.. then, he smacked me on the noggin and said, stop thinking, keep training..

Be well..

If it's any consolation, the world at large isn't quite ready for different-color skin, a different religion or none whatsoever, a different body shape, a different-length nose, a different accent, a different car to drive or driving no car... the list goes on and on. The world is not ready for "not-like-me." Not ready for "smarter-than-me," "thinner-than-me," "fatter-than-me," "better-off-than-me," "poorer-than-me," "weirder-than-me," "more-conventional-than-me..." You are in a good company with about seven billion people like you!:lol:

So true Taomeow, and yes it is a consolation!

Try growing up in a gay in a small conservative town with homophobic parents and see if you don't have a neurotic quirk or two as well!

Yes, from what I've seen (living in somewhat of this type of community) it's very hard for the gay people that I know.

For instance (even in college, where people are supposed to be thinking on their own two feet) there's a girl in my class who everyone is nice to, but they all talk behind her back about it. Kind of give her strange looks, analyzing what makes her tick all of the time. It must be annoying!

I guess everyone has to deal with people's arrogance/ignorance, but I don't know...seems harder for those who are gay.

She has to listen to us all call each other fags (jokingly) and not get upset about it. That'd be like someone ridiculing who you are right in front of your face, and not saying anything, or just laughing about it with them. As her classmates, are we really being friendly?

I don't know...it's completely inconsiderate, and something I just recently realized (after the large number of suicides that were in the news, which inspired "Spirit Day").

Time to watch how we act.

Another thing: I had up something about Spirit Day as my facebook status, and my sister talked to me about it. Basically asking, "Why do you support them?"

It actually disgusted me.

I guess the way I look at things these days is that there is no "them". There is only us, and we should look at what we're doing to each other, as kids are killing themselves over being ridiculed and outcast.

Where's the compassion? I guess only in my heart, at times, and not yet manifested in this world.

but on your first point- i cant really comment because i havent done the research but my gut tells me that you are wrong.

Oh, well if the cluster of white matter in your lower torso says so... :rolleyes:

so we DO reach a level where we make distinctions, and for good reason.

Is a "good reason" a pragmatic reason? In this case I do not think so. It's similar to midieval bakers arguing over whether it's a "Brownie" or a "Sprite" that makes the dough and yeast rise into bread. Completely irrelevant at the current level of understanding.

If your beliefs affect the way that you conduct your life and the way you treat other people- they are meaningful; if not they are simply trite bloviation, no matter how glib or thoroughly discussed. Your opinion seems more like an irrational knee-jerk reaction than reason by any objective person's measure.

ive seen gays beat each other worse than a woman suffering domestic abuse. and please lets not talk about promiscuity and disease...please.

but i will tell you this, the rise of homosexuality believe it or not affects the divorce rate(this figure doesnt affect me however marriage is a state thing)and im sure u know how. plus we cant even really talk about divorce rates or adultery in the gay community for various reasons-and not cuz gays just get along with each other SO much better than heteros...

If you happen to have all the statistics concerning domestic abuse, promiscuity and disease for all orientations everywhere, please feel free to divulge them. If not, then please think for a little longer or at least use more qualifiers before you make such sweeping generalizations based on anecdotes.

i bet u still cant tell me why this is beneficial for you (i take it your gay?)...

If by gay you mean have engaged in intercourse with another individual possessing identical chromosomes, then yes, in the narrowest-minded definition you can go ahead and label away. I'm quite attracted to the opposite sex just as often. And the benefit would be that a same sex couple has a different dynamic, not inferior or superior, but allows an individual to learn more about themselves that they might not have as readily identified and honestly examined in a heterosexual relationship, and the same goes for self-identified homosexuals that are open and willing to try a hetero relationship.

Tell you what- You show me the most attractive woman in your opinion, and I'll show you a man that is tired of having sex with her and vice-versa. Beyond physicality, what is your reason for preferring women? And don't give me that "it's natural" crap... bi/homosexuality has been observed across the board in hundreds of species, and monogamy is relatively rare in the animal kingdom, so what beyond programming and cultural modeling is it that makes you so assured of your straightness?

I suppose it's a little like the question in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy or old Sufi riddle "Why is the sound of an onion?". The question provides more insight into the state of mind that produced it than any answer could.

its actually an inter/intrapersonal problem. so for sure the propagation of homo culture is a problem for me. i have to explain to my child that you dont have sex just cuz you get an erection-anyone fondles ur stuff enough and that will happen. i mean i have to tell him this concerning women already, how much more difficult when the example of men on men relationships are becoming more acceptable and prevalent- even though he nor ANYONE will benefit from living this way.

The only way I could see it being "harder" for your child to avoid sex with a man than a woman is if he were bum bum buuuum, gay as springtime. Sounds like you're a little insecure about sex in general, which by the way is a relatively new concept as well.

let me ask how do you find these relationships being harmonius

Harmony is instrumental, not theoretical. It is observed in everyday interactions of compassion and mutual love. No amount of logic and/or dogma can invalidate the experience of harmony.

"A scholar once told a rabbi that the existence of god is null because one can argue that god does or doesn't exist unceasingly. The rabbi then asked the scholar to argue logically that he doesn't have a nose- as the scholar opened his mouth and began "First of all..."- The rabbi punched him square in the nose and said "What hurts?"

so far as 2 people of the same sex having harmonius relationships- umm thats kinda relative what makes you be at peace with you partner? that the bills are paid? i mean how many hetero relations arent at impasses due to circumstances gays may NEVER face... its unfair to argue from this perpective.

Boo hoo. The guy that thinks all gay/bi people in this world need to adopt his belief system or suffer the consequences of disease and domestic abuse and/or risk turning his son gay thinks I'm being intellectually dishonest. I'm so ashamed.

i take a little offense to this effeminancy comment of yours...brother- you dont know me that well...SO in touch with my masuline/feminine qualites...pfff-no qualms man.

lol all my friends IMO are girly dudes. actually the modern man is effeminate in general if u ask me(some of these wars are a way for these girly men to re-assure to themselves they are men)...many haircuts, shoes, shopping,manicure/pedicure...gotta look good to get the girl.same way the girls feel no? the clubbing lifestlye, which goes back to the unchecked fullfillment of desires... so to be honest you need to re-assess. ive thought about this and discussed openly with people that were gay- some today, aren't and the main reason, they could not see the REAL benefit in it.

my actual problem is with folks (like you...at least right now) who try to paint this as a progressive,normal,acceptable,beneficial and worse yet NATURAL way of life. not at all with femness...

also i never attributed these societal issues of under-development and instant gratification solely to the gay community, merely stated this as being a problem they face- shit we all do, however the homosex community i believe succumbs more readily.

Effiminancy? Freudian slip?

Ok then, I'll grant you that many of our war-mongering leaders are closeted homosexuals, that people in general are more materialistic in general these days, that you and your friends are totally hip metrosexuals and that there's no REAL benefit to choosing one sex over another; however if people didn't have to feel like they needed to cover up their genuine identity to be accepted we wouldn't have so much psychological displacement and scapegoating in the form of homophobia, xenophobia, greed, preemptive wars, etc...

Love, (though not in an emotional way, that would be totally gay) ;)

Michael

Edited by xakarii

"If your beliefs affect the way that you conduct your life and the way you treat other people- they are meaningful;"

I think this rocks so much I want it on my signature with the other one. It may force me to be better. Can I quote you and use it?

I've mentioned this book before http://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Spectrum-Exploring-Human-Diversity/dp/1551926814

The comments on Amazon are interesting.

I took Kate's "buff" to mean "sculpted male body." Y'know, the curve of the bicep, the ripple of the 6-pack ab... ^_^

oh totally haha. Well yea hey you're probably bound to see that sometimes to, I really would'nt be surprised.

I guess there covered by dorritoz though haha.

Haven't observed self imposed limitations? From my own point of view that would seem to be a good thing... How exactly does "flambouyancy" (does this mean they're floating and flaming?) throw things out of balance? I'd say with all the foot-stomping, saber-rattling, chest-beating, knuckle-dragging machismo fuelling the wars of aggression and self-interest around the world that a flamboyant parade wouldn't even budge the scales, let alone the idea that instant gratification and a lack of self development are in any way unique to the LGBT community.

Just wanted to let you know that I did read this and took note of it. A very valid point, I must say.

Greetings..

I asked a Taoist mentor about this issue, he said: Male/male is hard/hard is friction, heat.. female/female is soft/soft is no structure no substance.. male/female is balance.. all that is not evident in just what the eye sees, or the heart feels, the energies themselves are led by the mind's intentions and cannot be understood apart from the relationship.. then, he smacked me on the noggin and said, stop thinking, keep training..

Be well..

I would go along with that if he had used the words Masculine and Feminine instead of Male and Female.

Now,

Stop thinking and keep training!

The initial poster probably wanted to know who else is gay on this forum. Whether you

are gay does not matter here. I think here, in this forum, you will find the most

open-minded people. Like the other poster said... the energy does not choose sides.

I used to be afraid of gay people when I was young, mainly because my friends did

not like them. For some reason, many gays kept on hitting on me as a teenager.

I had problems or confusion at first with it and got angry, but now I'm coolio.

I accept all.

I am straight. But like a few here I have always had some gay friends (men and women).

I was surprised when I mixed in Buddhist circles to find anti-gay sentiment - although it was against the activity and not the person.

I like to treat each person as an individual, don't like stereotypes or prejudice ... hate hypocrisy.

I've heard some statistic rumour that one out of four is bi, it's just our social prejudiced environment that's holding most from acting on impulses as we grow up.

:)

whatever..the whole Idea wheter it is ok or not is ridiculous superfluous to me.

the gay and lesbian friends I have ARE really good people. I guess they've been through some tough times and learned to cultivate compassion?

Edited by rain

A gay friend of mine found the parts of himself that contribute to his sexuality, while in meditation and doing introspection. He experiemnted with being staright after he "switched gears" then changed it back. THose are his words though, so I can't verify.

Interesting, I know a couple as well.

I did find few girls attractive when I was younger and just starting to explore my sexuality ,however this changed in past 11-12 years.I feel straight for now.

One parent of mine is openly bisexual.Never had hang ups about this issue.

It is interesting what Appech7 wrote about anti-gay sentiment in Buddhist community.

I have read about monks rules in Thailand(might be Laos?)and loosing status of a monk if sleeping with the woman ,but if having a sexual intercourse with another man they will not be disrobed.It is like loophole in monastic rules.

Ill try find that article.

So yeah talking about double standards ..

Oh, well if the cluster of white matter in your lower torso says so... :rolleyes:

Is a "good reason" a pragmatic reason? In this case I do not think so. It's similar to midieval bakers arguing over whether it's a "Brownie" or a "Sprite" that makes the dough and yeast rise into bread. Completely irrelevant at the current level of understanding.

If your beliefs affect the way that you conduct your life and the way you treat other people- they are meaningful; if not they are simply trite bloviation, no matter how glib or thoroughly discussed. Your opinion seems more like an irrational knee-jerk reaction than reason by any objective person's measure.

If you happen to have all the statistics concerning domestic abuse, promiscuity and disease for all orientations everywhere, please feel free to divulge them. If not, then please think for a little longer or at least use more qualifiers before you make such sweeping generalizations based on anecdotes.

If by gay you mean have engaged in intercourse with another individual possessing identical chromosomes, then yes, in the narrowest-minded definition you can go ahead and label away. I'm quite attracted to the opposite sex just as often. And the benefit would be that a same sex couple has a different dynamic, not inferior or superior, but allows an individual to learn more about themselves that they might not have as readily identified and honestly examined in a heterosexual relationship, and the same goes for self-identified homosexuals that are open and willing to try a hetero relationship.

Tell you what- You show me the most attractive woman in your opinion, and I'll show you a man that is tired of having sex with her and vice-versa. Beyond physicality, what is your reason for preferring women? And don't give me that "it's natural" crap... bi/homosexuality has been observed across the board in hundreds of species, and monogamy is relatively rare in the animal kingdom, so what beyond programming and cultural modeling is it that makes you so assured of your straightness?

I suppose it's a little like the question in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy or old Sufi riddle "Why is the sound of an onion?". The question provides more insight into the state of mind that produced it than any answer could.

The only way I could see it being "harder" for your child to avoid sex with a man than a woman is if he were bum bum buuuum, gay as springtime. Sounds like you're a little insecure about sex in general, which by the way is a relatively new concept as well.

Harmony is instrumental, not theoretical. It is observed in everyday interactions of compassion and mutual love. No amount of logic and/or dogma can invalidate the experience of harmony.

"A scholar once told a rabbi that the existence of god is null because one can argue that god does or doesn't exist unceasingly. The rabbi then asked the scholar to argue logically that he doesn't have a nose- as the scholar opened his mouth and began "First of all..."- The rabbi punched him square in the nose and said "What hurts?"

Boo hoo. The guy that thinks all gay/bi people in this world need to adopt his belief system or suffer the consequences of disease and domestic abuse and/or risk turning his son gay thinks I'm being intellectually dishonest. I'm so ashamed.

Effiminancy? Freudian slip?

Ok then, I'll grant you that many of our war-mongering leaders are closeted homosexuals, that people in general are more materialistic in general these days, that you and your friends are totally hip metrosexuals and that there's no REAL benefit to choosing one sex over another; however if people didn't have to feel like they needed to cover up their genuine identity to be accepted we wouldn't have so much psychological displacement and scapegoating in the form of homophobia, xenophobia, greed, preemptive wars, etc...

Love, (though not in an emotional way, that would be totally gay) ;)

Michael

Yawn...

ive read your post very calmly...and im clear now that your understanding is-nvm...

where to begin? 1 by 1

1)so i should listen to you- over my intuition? brother ill do you one better ill do a little research...but bear in mind a provided an example of how+why the distinctions. you merely give an elusive response; both men are bakers and the object they would be arguing is nonsensical.no relevance whatsoever. why we call men that engage in repeated sexual activity with men gay- i think bears relevance to your initial comment. yes we are all people except for sure some are GAY people. if you want to remove labels thats fine and dandy- it still doesnt change the fact that, that word is used as an indicator to differentiate between people like you and I. and for good reason- brother im at peace. are you?...

2)have i mistreated you? in fact ive never mistreated any one because of their sexual orientation. so you are VERY defensive...again are you at peace? no? maybe youre out of balance...

knee jerk, no not at all its thoroughly discussed because its been thoroughly thoughtout. which is why i can tell you my problems with IT, meanwhile you can only outline general cultural issues-IMO. (lol) keen observation by the way about beliefs affecting our behavior.this guy's really smart. its obvious no? you believe its ok to satiate your desires as you see fit, so you do. i believe gays (not all. in general) are at a spiritual/emotional/physical impasse, and therefore treat them accordingly with as much love as i would anyone else, whom i believe can benefit from genuine human exchange which is why i provide them the most i can give, which many strait men wont even give them-TIME.

lately though im leaning there as well. there is just alot of arrogance, lack of introspection, and many times like this one here psuedoscholarship(dont take it too literally we aint talkin academics-but u talk like a know it all-u need humility)go to the university a lil and now ur a gay rights activist-guys who talk like they are strong with knowledge but havent even gone over what is right in front of them;themselves(though this is spreading in general). as for the animal kingdom-ive observed the same as you, the question is the following...is nature gay? again a question of degrees, can we give it that label?(even if i understand u dont like them). nature self replicates/procreates- how much of it is through homosexual relations?

be serious and LISTEN...i have no problem if ur gay, the same way i have no problem if 2 lions on the savannah are gay. when the scales start tipping and ambiguity starts to prevail on said savannah its evident that species will not survive much longer...like i said- imbalance. but ur so smart.

3)you want stats? where does one find those figures? do i ask the married homosexuals at the local bathhouse? or jus the ones in vermont(or wherever its been legalized)? this is what i meant by its unfair to argue from this perspective, youre talking about problems homosexuals dont even face. we havent begun looking at those numbers.

its clear you havent really thought beyond justifying your behavior to yourself-and actually looked at the implications of whats happening as a whole. but you talk like you have...oh and im not insecure about sex,not at all- haha you want the truth? ima kinda over it-lol, its good or wutever but people nowadays live to bang.i bang to live-perpetually...lol.fun or wutever but at the end of the day you all know what it is- a 15 second orgasm a wipe and some snuggling...i just think you bi folk are just too hyped over something that should be ordinary, intercourse. things around you feel bad-but intercourse always makes ya feel good no?again imbalance.

4)ur mind is so shut...ive temepered my desires, which is one of the reasons why i dont have a problem with needing other women.my wife is also amazing in every respect so that also helps, but i would be lying if i said my eye doesnt wander occasionally. this is different from doing something that i know i shouldnt. let me continue like this:

my wife is beneficial for me, i have physical,emotional,spiritual needs (as im sure you do) all which she fulfills. in addition i fullfil hers. we have both benefitted from our connection-and the product of such is LIFE-which begets LIFE-which in turn begets LIFE. what tells me i shouldnt get with dudes...much like a scientist ive used the same method when thinkin about gays-but the end result is; lets not say death, but lets say FINITE. i will be here when im gone in more ways than one especially if we can do with him what wasnt done with you...a serious talk. i have no fear of my son being gay BTW, merely citing an incongruency i will have to touch upon. my love isnt relative to sexual practices- u should understand that.

-on harmony- agreed harmony IS intrumental;this doesnt mean it cant be observed. i observe harmony all the time. when things are working as they should one can observe this harmony. so again, very smart answer but im not convinced. and im not trying to invalidate- i want you to tell me where and how i can percieve the harmony in homosexual relations- meaning what are the indicators? have you experienced this in a homosexual relationship?i mean when a system is in harmony its evident, i dont see that in any form in the 'LGBT community'-can you point it out for me?

5)MAN you must be the ONLY gay or something, cuz your reply as i continue here i realize is SO defensive- ive never told anyone to do anything-save develop. which is something im looking to do myself...get cumfy in your skin man. im not concerned about my son turning gay,trust-what is troubling you will not trouble my son, he'll have a well enough understanding of the self and HIS self and how to step behind his eyes and control his machine. you seem as if though i put a small fire under you...

6)im only led by those i choose, currently there is only one and he doesnt live .and i dont make war or insult..etc etc. my friends arent metro (well maybe 1 or 2) they are metalheads...your basic conceptions of whats goin on are superficial to me-sorry. i actually believe alot of these BS ideas also add confusion which make it more difficult for one to know ones genuine self...i dont think the guy with the lisp in the skinny jeans and a pink wifebeater is being more genuine with himself than one who understands the end result of his activity is not beneficial and struggles with himself (failing and prevailing)in the end is developing the self, and only through knowing the true can you express it...i doubt anyone's true self is 'bruno' type character-but alot of people sure do act like it.

i had to go thru my shit as well-still am, always will be, till the end...we all carry alot of baggage...not just gays- its unfair to say because they too have strife that their practices are correct.its not.we dont make those concessions for anyone else really. if you focus enough on my problems and why i am the way i am,im sure you would all let me do whatever i want too right? and parade me in the streets for it too...there comes a point where we make distintions, there also comes a point where balance must be restored.

this talk of trying this kind of relationship and that kind- its just weird to me .i understand, but its very childish, you do something for the sake of how it feels for you at the time-why there is so much promiscuity(btw this is all over including heteros-IMO jus moreso in gay society).this is too hot, this is too cold, this one is JUST right-not bearing in mind the pooridge aint yours...life was given to us as a gift, i believe we have certain duties to fulfill self enhancement being one of them, procreation(if possible) another. a person who assigns himself to that lifestyle is ignoring their responsibilities to themselves-and stays in stagnancy...ive gone through many positive changes and its because i try to do as i SHOULD not as i want...yet i see the example of those who do as they want disrearding how they should behave-and lets just say that path leaves you perpetually unsatisfied.

freudian slip?nah but i understand,yes,yes,you're a smart cookie- i get it...why are you so stuck on my humble opinion?

-Ali

First, to answer the OP's question, which many seem to not want to do: I'm somewhat sure I'm completely heterosexual. I've never found a man sexually attractive, though I have been shocked by how good looking some guys are before. Wouldn't particularly matter to me though if I realized tomorrow that I was bi.

Nebulous Gas, I'll say first that perhaps if you wrote with a touch more care and precision, you might be taken seriously. More so if you were to lose the bright colors of text.

Now, I was going to go through your post and highlight all the things that were counter intuitive. Hopefully, I had thought, when you saw them beside each other, you would realize that many of the things you have said were dishonest.

Then I realized that literally every phrase you made was counter intuitive when compared to the ones before and after it, so I will simply give a couple examples and go on my merry way with some advice to those that would try to argue with you: just don't.

yes we are all people except for sure some are GAY people. if you want to remove labels thats fine and dandy- it still doesnt change the fact that, that word is used as an indicator to differentiate between people like you and I. and for good reason- brother im at peace. are you?...

...have i mistreated you? in fact ive never mistreated any one because of their sexual orientation. so you are VERY defensive...again are you at peace? no? maybe youre out of balance...

The highlighting is my own work, obviously.

These two sections were right on top of each other, yet they are absolutely :blink:

The amount of times you use 'gays' like a slur, the amount of times you speak of balance, the amount of times you project your own insecurities onto another... I am truly unable to do anything but :blink:

there is just alot of arrogance, lack of introspection, and many times like this one here psuedoscholarship(dont take it too literally we aint talkin academics-but u talk like a know it all-u need humility)

I think this was the height of the hypocrisy in your post. Just because one uses intelligent terms to make their argument, doesn't mean they're trying to show you up in any way or need humility. Your belief in your own opinion is just as lacking in humbleness. In fact, your need to cast judgments on an entire population (your 'Gays' as you call them) based on nothing but rumor and 'your gut' implies quite a bit of arrogance and an enormous lack of introspection.

Please, consider the simple fact that you and I and everyone on this board exist as individuals, not statistics, and we differ slightly or immensely from those that stand beside us, whether we have are categorized arbitrarily together through some random attribute or not.

You see, I'm not that much like you, but I bet we're both straight white males that like death metal. ;)

"stop thinking, keep training.." Seems like good advice to me. If you read old Zen and Daoist texts, I don't think you will find anyone concerned with strait vs. gay as an issue. Stop worrying about the details, and go straight to the heart of the matter.

Thanks for the supportive comment Scotty, and I know I'm kinda nitpicking here, but they aren't generally "good people," at least not more than straight or bi people are. I'm gay myself, and have met hundreds of other gay guys among them a few not so good ones. Gay people, are people first and foremost, neither better nor worse than folks with other sexual orientations.

That's not to say we don't differ at all from our straight brothers. While there are certainly some very masculine gay guys around, I believe there's something about being gay that makes it easier to integrate the masculine/feminine polarity, to integrate yin and yang. What straight people do having sex (bringing yin and yang together), gay people often embody in their very being. This has everything to do with taoism. It's the very essence of alchemy, the blending together of opposites, kan and li. It's an important quality gay people bring to the evolution of what it means to be a human being. Does it make us better, or more spiritually evolved than straight people? No, it doesn't. It does make us different though.

To sum up: we're here, we're queer, and we're bringing a very special, even essential, quality of spiritual vibration to the planet. Not better than the beautiful more polarized male/female dynamic that generally characterizes straight sexuality, and not worse. Just different and oh so very necessary.

this is a very good answer, i think it was overlooked.

i do have a remark to make, anyone who has seen south park or SNL or even the gay couple in modern family can attest to the fact that they take shots at gay people's ability to raise a child. they tend to include a quip about a lack of polarity between parents adversely affecting the children. i mean, i just love my mother man! that said, two men can't make babies. that said, ide rather have an orphan adopted by gay parents than to be raised underpriviliged.

Is a "good reason" a pragmatic reason? In this case I do not think so. It's similar to midieval bakers arguing over whether it's a "Brownie" or a "Sprite" that makes the dough and yeast rise into bread. Completely irrelevant at the current level of understanding. If you happen to have all the statistics concerning domestic abuse, promiscuity and disease for all orientations everywhere, please feel free to divulge them. If not, then please think for a little longer or at least use more qualifiers before you make such sweeping generalizations based on anecdotes. If by gay you mean have engaged in intercourse with another individual possessing identical chromosomes, then yes, in the narrowest-minded definition you can go ahead and label away. I'm quite attracted to the opposite sex just as often. And the benefit would be that a same sex couple has a different dynamic, not inferior or superior, but allows an individual to learn more about themselves that they might not have as readily identified and honestly examined in a heterosexual relationship, and the same goes for self-identified homosexuals that are open and willing to try a hetero relationship.

Love, Michael

Wonderful, insightful response. Props to you for taking the time to answer him.

When someone writes or speaks of 'the gay lifestyle' as though it were fundamentally and intrinsically a different thing from 'the straight lifestyle' I tend to roll my eyes and tune them out. It invalidates just about everything that comes after.

Usually what follows the gay 'lifestyle' sentiment tends to be conjecture, supposition, stereotypes, cultural, biological and social ignorance, appeal to tradition or bunk science, and a parade of other logical flaws, not to mention a host of gut response 'opinion' about something(s) to which they are an outsider to. Excellent rebuttal.

Edited by SFJane