DanC

DVD Recommendations?

Anyone got any Qigong DVD recommendations, I have got some extra cash and Im looking to buy a new DVD to form my practice in my afternoons, Im looking for something that will give me a workout and increase my chi flow..

Daniel

Some of my personal favorites are:

Bruce Frantzis: Dragon & Tiger Medical Qigong

Jerry Alan Johnson: Chi Kung: The Healing Workout

Ken Cohen: Qigong

George Love: Meridian Qigong

Roger Jahnke: Qigong - Chi Kung: Awakening and Mastering the Medicine within You

There's been a lot of good feedback on here about the Flying Phoenix DVD series and Spring Forest.

I haven't seen these yet myself though.

This one comes very highly recommended by Tao Semko of KAP, costs $50

CroppedSmallFullCoverDVDImage.jpg

Sifu Dan Ferrera Qigong Class 2009

This DVD takes you through a complete one hour internal energy workout that utilizes a unique "teeth breathing" method that rapidly develops inner power and empty force (ling kong jing). It is a synergistic blend of Wei Dan (external) and Nei Dan (internal) cultivation methods. Just pop it in the DVD player and begin following along as if you were attending the class. This workout was filmed live during class and gives you a very effective workout to practice at home. If you have less time available, simply do as much as you want and then skip to the closing exercise done at the end of class to store your energy.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

IME the best DVD collection available is Flying Phoenix Celestial Qi Gong.

There's a +26 pages thread of practitioners comments and Sifu Terry Dunn answers here in TaoBums! ;)

I got my 5-pack in the mail today after working off of the Vol I from Netflix for a bit. It's really a great qigong.

Edited by simply puzzled

I ordered Chi Kung for Health Vol 1, I already have volume two the seated forms but thought Id start the standing practice as my main practice.

I ordered Chi Kung for Health Vol 1, I already have volume two the seated forms but thought Id start the standing practice as my main practice.

Yep, I practiced the standing meds for a couple of months and then started to add the seated ones. Daily practice, really slow motion and awareness on your body reactions would bring you tangible results.

Best,

Edited by Pablo

I know it's not a qigong workout but Intuflow is very nice and free on youtube

I do it between Flying Phoenix and Tai Chi. Much better than the 8 Brocades, I would say.