Sign in to follow this  
Edward M

Positive and negative aspects

Thats right another kunlun thread :)

well, i just ordered the book, should have in a day or so......before i go practising the postures could you guys be so kind as to state some positives and negatives of the system and experience???

how quickly does it kick in once you start practising? i mean the energy clearing etc.

ok, cheers guys/gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peace be with you!

Ed

I highly suggest you find and read some of the past threads. A lot has been discussed in there. A few people have gone back and taken down some of their posts, but most of it should still be around.

I haven't practiced Kunlun myself, but I've read most of the threads on it, and here's generally what comes out:

Everyone is different, and the practice affects people differently. Some people gently discover and let go of old memories, energy blockages, and things like that, their health slowly improves, and overall they are feeling pretty good about the practice. As time goes by, they get further and further in the practice, and come to a period of time when they are having very strong practice sessions, and feel they are making progress.

Other people have very sudden, strong experiences happen. Sometimes these are not always good. Sometimes ALL the gunk that's inside of their bodies (emotionally, physically, etc etc) comes out. Sometimes it is not pretty. Sometimes people get sick. Sometimes they have crazy wacked out visions/images. There was one case in which someone's family member started to be affected, and that person stopped practicing after a while. Some say it puts you in contact with certain types of spirits. Others maintain that it just makes you aware of stuff that's already there.

Basically, when you do the practice, stuff happens. For some people, it was the kind of stuff they wanted to have happen with a practice. Some people handled it. Some people could not. Some people grew to be able to handle it. Other people found practices that are more suited to them.

When I say stuff like that, I don't mean some people were "better" or "stronger" than others. I simply mean that Kunlun is one way of going about doing things. Some peoples' internal motions are pretty slow and rhythmical, so an uncovering/letting to practice that is Kunlun churns up stuff in a slow, rhythmical way. Other peoples' internal motions are sudden and fast, and a letting to practice like Kunlun is akin to suddenly removing a gigantic damn all at once- if a lot of rough, churning water had been held back, well, "all hell" is going to break loose before you get to peace. Some people want to let go of the water all at once, some people would rather slowly pour it out.

Depending on the type of person you are, and depending on what you want to do, the practice may or may not be good for you.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

SloppyZhang, thanks very much for that helpfull reply, it is clear!

one question, as someone who has made up false memorys in the past (may or may not be an experience of another plane of existence), is it possible kunlun could generate more of these, or on the other hand, could it help clear out the crap that caused them in the first place?

the question is open to anyone with a good understanding of energetics or experience with kunlun..cheers!!!

Thanks again Sloppy!

Ed

No problem. I don't know about generating memories, be they memories from real planes of existence, or things you have created of your own mind. Kunlun is talked about very often as a "deconstructing" practice, letting go, etc etc. If you have memories from some other existence, Kunlun would probably be less about generating these, but remembering them, and then letting them go.

I say that when you do the practice, don't try to have any set goal in mind. Try not to think too much about what other people have said, what past experiences you've had with the meditation, with other meditations, and things like that. Don't be so concerned with having any particular goal, just try to be in the moment, and do the practice.

Now I'll step aside and let someone who does it share.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Good post Mr Sloppy.

I think lots of practices do it. Kunlun seems to be an accelerated one. I'm interested in the mechanics. I would suggest to people who know they have a lot to deal with to accept that any of the accelerated practices could be a rough ride. There are other practices out there that do it slower.

I'd actually like to try Kunlun but I'm having a wild time with other stuff. Wouldn't want to mix it up too much.

Sign in to follow this