sean

Interview with Chunyi Lin of Spring Forest Qigong

he said do it and watch your skin while doing it.

I just did some brainwave entrainment while charting some biofeedback, namely heart rate and skin conductance. Just for giggles, I tried some reverse breathing. Low and behold, my heart rate and skin conductance dropped while doing it! Skin conductance continued to fall (indicating a relaxation response) as long as I kept it up. When I returned to regular breathing, both heart rate and conductance went up.

Interesting.

• Like 1

uhh... no, I didn't receive anything but information which has been on the web and other places for decades.

I'm not one to "idolize" someone like this or look for secrets "between the words". I've been in it too long. CL apparently doesn't do it for me.

Yamu, Kathy Li, Terry Dunn, and others not on this board resonate with me much better.

Hello Baguakid. Thank you put me onto your resonating list. I really don't deserve this; I'm not equal to the honour.

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I'm newbie to the great Tao / Dao (大道). But, my Daoism Master (Taosit Master Wang Liping / Yongshen) holds the long historical Dragon Gate Taoism lineage. Master Wang is a modern Taoist, but not a modern Qigong-ist. Taoism originated from Chinese culture, it has philosophy, wisdom and virtue.

• Like 2

When you do Reverse Breathing focus on your skin that is even better.

While I believe Reverse Breathing is the most beneficial way to breathe and I breathe this way all of the time do not get caught up in trying to breathe this way if it is challenging for you. Remember, we teach Good, Better and Best. It is more helpful for you to relax than to be stressed over how you breathe.

Breathing slowly, gently and deeply is the most important thing. This automatically helps your body to relax.

Thanks, Sean, for all you do to make communication about "unproveable" realities possible!

Although I don't know Chunyi Lin, I'm very grateful to him for taking the time to give me (among others) a better sense of what he is teaching, and where he's coming from. Very uplifting to read, and I appreciate the acceptance he demonstrated and the positive response he contributed with each question.

I am an amateur at Tai-Chi, and at sitting the full lotus, and at being a "love radiator" as Chunyi Lin puts it, yet even an amateur can say that we have two struggles here: one is to heal ourselves, which is how the interview opens, and the other is to find the words and actions to communicate the means of healing to others.

Even though we are talking about "unproveable" realities, I believe we can find a Western vocabulary to describe relationships that demonstrate these realities exist. This is like physicists discovering the existence of habitable planets thousands of light years away by examining perturbations in the orbits of their stars; the planets themselves are unobservable, but their existence is demonstrated in the effect they have on the stars we can track.

I have no intention of practicing reverse breathing. That doesn't mean I don't do reverse breathing some of the time, especially in the lotus or on the dance floor, and maybe it's useful to some people to very deliberately start out to do reverse breathing some of the time.

I look to see how the place that my consciousness occurs has impact and opens feeling, in the instant. I recognize that there's a stretch in existence throughout the fascial structure of my body as consciousness takes place, and that the autonomic respirations coordinate through the place of occurrence of consciousness to cause action that opens the nerve channels between vertebrae; thus, the place that consciousness occurs has impact and opens feeling, through the body to the surface of the skin and in the senses.

We all know what it feels like to stretch, and how close stretch can be to pain; a lot of my practice now is learning what is stretching, and how to relax and allow stretch and activity to reciprocate as consciousness takes place. The length of the movement of breath can be a guide to healthy stretch and the subsequent involuntary activity, both with the breath in and with the breath out.

The recognition that aversion to pain, attachment to pleasure, or ignorance of neutral sensations can condition the subsequent place of occurrence of consciousness is vital to me, as this recognition precedes a witness that is itself the end of suffering at the moment. The natural mind, as it were, has within it the end of suffering; we are all healers, and I think it's important to let ourselves be healed rather than to set out toward any particular breathing.

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2

Hello Baguakid. Thank you put me onto your resonating list. I really don't deserve this; I'm not equal to the honour.

I'm a newbie to this forum, and I'm newbie to the great Tao / Dao (大道). But, my Daoism Master (Taosit Master Wang Liping / Yongshen) holds the long historical Dragon Gate Taoism lineage. Master Wang is a modern Taoist, but not a modern Qigong-ist. Taoism originated from Chinese culture, it has philosophy, wisdom and virtue.

Hi KathyLi, My post was directed more from a direction of clarity of teaching and presentation and you do represent WLP's lineage so 别太客气。

thank you for the email

thank you for the interview

thank you for the knowledge

Ditto. (-:

An interesting interview from an inspirational point of view. I am kind of surprised to see one of the few practical details - the reversed breathing. In all the systems I've practiced or read about, this is considered too strong of a practice and not one to be done for too long. Interesting to see he recommends it 100% of the time.

I believe it's not about an exercise of volition that affects the movement of breath, but rather a relinquishment of volition that affects the movement of breath. This would be a hard concept for Chunyi Lin to express in an interview so I don't blame him for casually making it sound otherwise.

So to be clear, my impression is that it's not something he "does" all day long so much as it is something that his training and his presence causes to happen automatically in him all day long.

The second piece of what he said is also interesting, and I think tends to confirm my impression:

"When you do Reverse Breathing focus on your skin that is even better."

As I state in my thread elsewhere on Tao Bums (titled "reverse breathing, illustrated"):

"The autonomic respirations coordinate through the place of occurrence of consciousness to cause action that opens the nerve channels between vertebrae; thus, the place that consciousness occurs has impact and opens feeling, through the body to the surface of the skin and in the senses."

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2

I just did some brainwave entrainment while charting some biofeedback, namely heart rate and skin conductance. Just for giggles, I tried some reverse breathing. Low and behold, my heart rate and skin conductance dropped while doing it! Skin conductance continued to fall (indicating a relaxation response) as focus your awareness on your skinlong as I kept it up. When I returned to regular breathing, both heart rate and conductance went up.

Interesting.

Very interesting recordings. How did this exercise make you feel? Any physical sensation? How long did you do the reversed breathing? Did you focus your awareness on you skin?

This is most fascinating!

Edited by rain

I just did some brainwave entrainment while charting some biofeedback, namely heart rate and skin conductance. Just for giggles, I tried some reverse breathing. Low and behold, my heart rate and skin conductance dropped while doing it! Skin conductance continued to fall (indicating a relaxation response) as focus your awareness on your skinlong as I kept it up. When I returned to regular breathing, both heart rate and conductance went up.

Interesting.

Very interesting recordings. How did this exercise make you feel? Any physical detecteable sensation? For how long did you continue the reversed breathing? Did you focus your awareness on you skin?

This is most fascinating!

Personally I've had the experience of whole body acting like an autonomous pump, breath almost convulsive in nature, humidity being massaged, transferred to all internal layers and excess humidity finally transported out to surface, pores opening and skin breathing, /or reversing charge. Don't know how to put it otherwise.

Seems quite attractive to have this going on smoothly through the day...Certinly would love to learn and master that.

"When you do Reverse Breathing focus on your skin that is even better."

As I state in my thread elsewhere on Tao Bums (titled "reverse breathing, illustrated"):

"The autonomic respirations coordinate through the place of occurrence of consciousness to cause action that opens the nerve channels between vertebrae; thus, the place that consciousness occurs has impact and opens feeling, through the body to the surface of the skin and in the senses."

Does that mean you focus on skin on exhale only or on both inhale and exhale (sorry but your last paragraph is a bit hard for me to uderstand).

Thanks.

Did you not receive Chunyi's wonderful transmission in sean's interview?

The words were the least important part of the interview.

What lies between his words, the syllables, the phonemes...

THIS is the power of his presence. :wub:

I often get tears of joy or laughter from reading Chunyi's writings and this was no exception. It doesn't always happen when reading him talk about compassion, forgiveness and universal love etc., any subject he is writing about can cause this.

Does that mean you focus on skin on exhale only or on both inhale and exhale (sorry but your last paragraph is a bit hard for me to uderstand).

Thanks.

Focus on the occurrence of consciousness, the impact of the occurrence of consciousness on the fascial stretch in existence as consciousness occurs, and the ability to feel opened by activity generated by the fascial stretch. That sounds pretty heavy-handed, yet it's really a matter of being able to realize the inhalation or exhalation at the moment, as the autonomic nervous system intends the inhalation or exhalation to be.

Chen Man-Ch'ing in "Thirteen Chapters" (the Wile translation, page 17) says, "with this method of circulating the ch'i, it overflows into the sinews, reaches the bone marrow, fills the diaphragm, and manifests in the skin and hair." So I would say look to the reciprocal activity generated by the stretch of sinews (ligaments and fascia can generate nerve signals to cause muscular contraction to relieve their stretch), look to pitch, yaw, and roll where awareness takes place (informed by the structure of the body, no doubt), let the ability to feel allow the movement of breath to be realized, let the occurrence of consciousness and impact open the ability to feel throughout the body to the surface of the skin.

From the Pali Suttas, where Gautama describes the feeling of the fourth of the inital meditative states:

"... it is as if (a person) might be sitting down who had clothed (themselves) including (their) head with a white cloth; there would be no part of (their) whole body not covered by the white cloth. Even so, ... (a person), having suffused this very body with a mind that is utterly pure, utterly clean, comes to be sitting down; there is no part of the whole body that is not suffused by a mind that is utterly pure, utterly clean." (PTS Majjhima Nikaya III 134, parentheticals paraphrase original).

Now the rupa jhannas are marked by increasing equanimity of mind, and this is the purity that the Gautamid refers to. I remind myself to include each thing in the possibility of awareness, yet realize the activity out of the current sense of place in consciousness, and use that activity out of stretch to allow a natural breath. The equanimity follows with a witness of how attachment to the content of feeling, aversion to the content of feeling, or ignorance of the content of feeling can condition the subsequent place of occurrence of consciousness; the witness frees the occurrence of consciousness to take place anywhere in the body, on the skin, outside. Sort of like the mind just before falling asleep, when it moves freely- at least that's my experience of it.

• Like 1

Some of you may remember back in July I was given an opportunity to interview Chunyi Lin, the creator of Spring Forest Qigong.

I started a topic here asking for questions and received some great ideas. It took a bit, but I organized them into an interview format for Chunyi, sent them over, and here are his responses.

Pretty awesome, I hope you enjoy. :)

Interview with Chunyi Lin, creator of Spring Forest Qigong

Sean: Chunyi, just to start things off with a bang here, what would you say the unique qualities of your Spring Forest Qigong system are, that differentiate it from other forms of qigong?

Chunyi Lin: All qigong systems are based on the same underlying principle that everything is energy, including your body. Your body's energy system is designed to be in perfect harmony and balance with your energy flowing smoothly. Problems arise when your body's energy gets out of balance. All qigong systems work to help restore and maintain your body's energy balance.

My training began in the traditional forms of qigong, very regimented, very disciplined. It was through this training that I became certified as an international qigong master.

However, very early on in my training I began receiving a message from the universe, "Qigong is simple. Everyone can do it." This message kept coming and grew more powerful as I meditated in the cave for days and weeks at a time. It is this message that led me to create Spring Forest Qigong. It is a system that is so simple anyone can learn it and start benefiting from it right away. It is simple yet is also very powerful. In fact, in my experience, simple is usually best.

In this way, Spring Forest Qigong is different from most other qigong teaching. Also, from the very beginning I teach my students - You were born a healer. You were born with the ability to help yourself to heal and to help others to heal. So from the beginning I teach my students a technique that can learn in minutes and start using right away to help others. This also makes SFQ different from traditional forms of qigong. The vision I was given for Spring Forest Qigong is "a healer in every family and a world without pain." Everything I teach and do is guided by that vision.

Let me add that I am not saying my way is better than other ways. I think they are all beautiful and if the qigong teaching you have is different from mine and you are benefiting from it then I encourage you to stay with it. If it's working for you there is no need to make a change. Keep growing in that system.

S: If you could only teach one exercise from your entire system, which would it be and why?

CL: Fortunately, neither I nor my students have to make this choice.

But, if I only had one option for an exercise to benefit my energy it would have to be the Small Universe meditation. There are many wonderful meditations in the world but the Small Universe is the single, most powerful one I have ever experienced.

Small Universe focuses the power of your mind in moving your body's energy. It is specifically designed to open the two most important energy channels in the body - the Front Channel or Governing Channel and the Back Channel. The front channel governs all the female energy channels in the body while the back channel governs all the male energy channels. Keeping these two energy channels open and the energy flowing smoothly through them will bring you the greatest benefit. Keeping them open is the key to experience your optimal health, wellness and happiness.

If you are asking for a physical movement, a posture, then it would be the Moving of Yin & Yang. It is the fundamental movement of SFQ. It balances and helps all of the internal organs, helps open the heart and helps align the spine. Six of the body's twelve major energy channels begin or end in the hands. From the top of the head to the bottom of the torso there are multiple energy points associated with all twelve major energy channels. So, in the Moving of Yin & Yang you are stimulating the flow of energy along all the major channels.

S: What is the importance of transmission in Spring Forest Qigong? Is it enough to learn from the video and audio programs, or is there something fundamentally unique and necessary that comes from attending a seminar?

CL: Transmission is not part of the terminology I use. I will answer in this way. I designed Spring Forest Qigong to be simple enough for anyone and everyone to learn and benefit from. All you have to do is put in a DVD or a CD and follow along. It is just that simple and also very powerful.

At the higher levels, Level 3, Level 4 and beyond, being present in a class, seminar or retreat is very valuable. Even in Levels 1 and 2, of course, there will be information that you do not receive in home study. But, it's not about knowledge. Qigong is all about the energy. In Spring Forest Qigong we start with the importance of breathing, the power of your mind, mental focus and intention, then movements and sound. All of this you will learn with the DVDs, CDs or manuals.

The key to getting the greatest benefits from qigong, in my experience, is tapping into what Gandhi called "the most powerful force the world possesses," the power of unconditional love. This is where the healing energy truly comes from. So, in SFQ we focus from the beginning on helping you open your heart to connect with this most powerful force. And opening your heart is something you can do anywhere and at anytime.

S: There is a lot of talk about "water methods" vs "fire methods", could you speak a little about this distinction? Does Spring Forest Qigong fall into one of these categories?

CL: Since these are things I never teach about it would not be helpful for me to enter into this discussion. I hope you will forgive me for not addressing this question but I do not want to create any confusion.

S: One of the longest standing debates which shows up again and again on the forums is whether practices such as movements and visualizations that consciously direct energy in specific patterns are necessary, or if it's better to simply cultivate a state of emptiness and allow the energy to naturally and spontaneously "do what is best". Can you shed some light on this debate?

CL: In Spring Forest Qigong I always talk about Good, Better and Best. Everything you do to help enhance your energy flow and balance your energy are good for you. The more you can do it the better you will be at it and the more benefit you will receive. The very best, in my opinion, is connecting with the limitless, unconditional love of the universe and the infinite source. Opening your heart, connecting with this unconditional love is always the best. There simple is no more powerful healing energy than unconditional love. When you open your heart like this you can get into the emptiness/the oneness faster, then the Qi will do what is best for you naturally and spontaneously.

S: Would you speak a bit about how sexuality fits into a Spring Forest Qigong practice? I know that is a huge questions, but more specifically, is it true that having an orgasm depletes qi? If so does this effect men more than women? Would celibacy improve results with SFQ, or not necessarily?

CL: These are, as you say, "huge questions," and I do not have the time here to go into them in detail. However, I will say this. Yes, sexual relations and orgasm can deplete your energy. And, sexual relations and orgasm can enhance your energy flow and development.

This depends on many things, The level of love, commitment and connection you have with your partner are very important. At the right level you can utilize the moment of orgasm to take that sexual energy and move it up through your heart and to your mind to develop "wisdom energy" which is very beneficial. For some people celibacy may help them focus and enhance their energy development.

Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the most important factor in your energy development is opening your heart and connecting with the unconditional love of the universe and learning to live your life in this love, powered by this love and radiating this love to help others.

S: From a spiritual and healing qigong point of view, how would you describe the "ultimate goal" that we are trying to achieve through all of this? Is it Enlightenment? Immortality of some sort? Or maybe something more basic, like simply living in harmony with Tao or nature?

CL: An "ultimate goal" would be a very individual decision. We all take this human form to experience life as human beings. Through these experiences we shape so many things. As for "immortality" we are all immortal. Our energy, our souls, will continue forever. It is only this human form that will change as it is designed to be a temporary home, an important home in our eternal development but only temporary.

It is very important for each of us to have goals. I would not presume to establish those goals for others.

My views on this subject have evolved as I have deepened my personal connection with the universe. My goal is to continue to deepen my connection with the unconditional love of the universe and to live in this love every moment of every day, to live as my friend Marci Shimoff would put it, "Happy for No Reason." Living in unconditional love brings happiness to me every moment. Sharing this love with everyone I encounter deepens this connection even more. This is my ultimate goal and I think it is an excellent goal that everyone will find rewarding in ways we cannot even begin to imagine.

S: Given your sense of the ultimate goal, is it possible for you to describe a basic road map of steps or stages a person has to take to reach this ultimate goal?

CL: I make the following suggestions to all of my students.

1. Smile. S.M.I.L.E. = Start My Internal Love Engine!

2. Connect. Make the Love Connection

3. Enhance. Enhance the Flow

4. Radiate. Let it Glow - Become a Love Radiator!

1. Put a Smile on your Face

S.M.I.L.E. = Start My Internal Love Engine!

The simple act of smiling immediately helps your body to relax.

A smile also sends a message to your brain to produce endorphins, the body's natural feel-good hormone. If you're helping another person, your smile will help her or him to relax, too.

By smiling you help to open your connection to the unconditional love in your heart. That's what S.M.I.L.E means: Start My Internal Love Engine. A simple smile helps you open your heart.

2. Connect - Make Your Love Connection

Breathe, slowly, gently and deeply - take three slow, gentle, deep breaths

Breathing is the Key to Connecting your Mind, Body & Spirit. There are three aspects to every human being - Mind - Body - Spirit. In our busy stress filled lives, our minds are too often filled to overflowing with so many things we have to get done, while our bodies are racing around trying to get everything done, and our spirit is simply ignored.

With your mind buzzing, your body racing around and your spirit lost in space we have divided ourselves. A person divided can never be as strong, as powerful, as wonderful and as a whole person - a person united in all three aspects.

Breathing is the key to uniting your mind, body and spirit into one powerful whole person as God intended each of us to be.

3. Enhance - Enhance the Flow of Unconditional Love

Visualize the Light of a Beautiful, Golden Sun, coming from the center of the Universe, flowing into your body and collecting in your Middle Dantian - Your Heart Center

Feel the warmth of the light filling you up ... filling you with joy ... filling you with perfect peace ...

You are feeling the limitless, healing Love of the universe ... a Love of Perfect Purity and Perfect Peace.

Even if you don't feel Loved or Loving, this Love exists within you.

Even if you don't see this Love within others, it always exists within them, too. It is the Source of our Existence ... and, it is the most powerful, healing force in all the universe.

Feel how wonderful this Love feels, flowing into you and throughout your body.

This Love is always available to you. In this Love, in this golden light, you are always connected to the infinite wisdom and power of the universe. You are never alone.

4. Radiate - Let Your Love Glow - Become a Love Radiator

Allow this unconditional Love to flow into your heart center, filling you up and radiating out to everyone. Focus on Sending this Love - this beautiful, golden light - out from your Heart Center to the person, or persons you are interacting with ... or will be interacting with.

You can visualize sending this Love directly to the other person's Heart Center. You can visualize filling an entire room, or house, or building with this Love. Like a radiator filling a room with warmth. This Love has no limits. Again, as Gandhi also said, "Love is the simplest force in the universe. It is also the most powerful."

S: Where would you say Spring Forest Qigong fits into these stages toward the ultimate goal? Can SFQ take someone "all the way"?

CL: Spring Forest Qigong has done this for me and I believe SFQ is helping many of my students in this way as well. There are many ways for each of us to reach our "ultimate goals," whatever they may be. If your goal is like mine then I believe Spring Forest Qigong can be very helpful in assisting you in achieving that goal. This is why I created Spring Forest Qigong, to help you and to help you help others.

S: Spring Forest Qigong is generally advertised as a medical qigong system. Is SFQ limited to physical and mental health or is aimed at "higher levels" of alchemy, such as Kan & Li and fusion?

CL: Spring Forest Qigong is a tool to help you open your heart to unlimited possibilities.

S: Are there practices from any other systems you have found that might safely complement or even enhance Spring Forest Qigong?

CL: There are many practices that can help you in so many beautiful ways. I don't want to slight anyone by overlooking something so I won't list them here. I will only say that with energetic practices it is never helpful to mix them. So, if you are practicing different systems take a break in between sessions, an hour, a day, whatever you feel most comfortable with. I say this because different systems move your body's energy in different ways. Practicing them too close together can confuse your energy system and limit the benefits of each.

S: Specifically, could you speak a bit about Kundalini? What is your opinion about practices that try to pro-actively awaken Kundalini?

CL: Kundalini is a powerful form of energy in the body. SFQ does not focus on it. It is a different system.

S: What is the significance of reverse breathing? Do you recommend practicing reverse breathing frequently throughout the day, or would it be better to only practice this when doing Spring Forest Qigong exercises?

CL: Reverse Breathing is a very beneficial technique in balancing your body's energy. In Reverse Breathing you pull your lower stomach in a little as you inhale and let it out a little as you exhale. The upper part of the body belongs to yang energy; the lower part of the body belongs to yin energy. Breathing in is a part of yin energy; breathing out is yang. One of the reasons we get sick is that yin and yang energies are not communicating well. By pulling your lower stomach in as you inhale and letting it out as you exhale, you are enhancing the communication of the yin and yang energies. When you do Reverse Breathing focus on your skin that is even better.

While I believe Reverse Breathing is the most beneficial way to breathe and I breathe this way all of the time do not get caught up in trying to breathe this way if it is challenging for you. Remember, we teach Good, Better and Best. It is more helpful for you to relax than to be stressed over how you breathe.

Breathing slowly, gently and deeply is the most important thing. This automatically helps your body to relax. It helps expand your lung capacity enabling you to uptake more oxygen which is critically important since oxygen is your body's number one fuel and you get most of it from breathing.

S: There is a lot of discussion on the forums about the full lotus posture. What is so uniquely powerful about the full lotus? For those that cannot achieve this posture, is there an alternative that can give the same or similar benefit?

CL: There are a lot of benefits you can get from this posture. One of them is to strengthen your vitality faster. It can also help you stay in the emptiness/oneness longer. But, other postures can also help you with these, too. The most important thing is the level of your unconditional love.

S: It seems like it would be a good thing for the world if more people knew about qi and qigong. Why not engage with scientific skeptics and prove without a doubt that qi is real and physically exists?

CL: I am always open to talking with anyone at any time if my schedule allows and I work with doctors and engage in independent research practices to help establish the benefits of Spring Forest Qigong practice.

I don't know that anyone, as the state of science stands today, can ever "prove without a doubt that qi is real."

Dr. Shin Lin at the University of California/Irvine, who is also a Tai Chi and Kung Fu master, has probably done more research in this area than anyone and he never talks about "qi" as being real. Instead, he focuses on the results of "qi" based, or "energetic" based practices.

I don't feel the need to convince anyone of anything. I simply want to live my life as an example and offer my assistance to everyone who is interested. I can fully understand their skepticism. Before my life was totally changed by qigong I was a skeptic myself.

S: What are your feelings about the future of humanity? Is the human race improving at all? Any cool predictions for 2012?

CL: I live in this moment and I live with joy from my heart. I strongly believe tomorrow will be a better day than today.

S: Ok, last question. Could you tell us 3 simple things we could do every day to enhance our lives, no matter what system or path we are following?

CL: 1. Put a S.M.I.L.E. on your face.

2. Breathe slowly, gently and deeply as often as you can each day.

3. Focus on your heart and connect with the limitless unconditional love of the universe. Be a love radiator. Remember, the more unconditional, healing love energy you send out to others, the more you will draw into yourself.

Just doing these 3 simple things can help to enhance your life and the lives of those around you in so many, many, wonderful ways.

S: Chunyi, I want to thank you personally, and on behalf of the entire community at The Tao Bums for taking the time to do this interview. It's been a pleasure. Thank you.

*Deep Bow*

Sean

If you are interested in getting started with Spring Forest Qigong practice, check out the Spring Forest Qigong Fundamentals course.

For more information about Chunyi Lin, visit the Spring Forest Qigong website.

It was a good chance to know and understand Qigong.

Thanks for this interview.

I started practicing Spring Forest Qi Gong and then, not following his advice, switched to Zhan Zhuang, but I've now gone back to his method.

His words ring of truth to me especially to admit " All you have to do is put in a DVD or a CD and follow along. It is just that simple and also very powerful. "

In a round about way it affirms that it's not as complicated as some might say it is and one must have an instructor.

I like his emphesis and the heart and healing, although I am left wondering what else he has experience with.

Damn, this is a good interview. Thanks a lot.

Only wish he went a little deeper into the full lotus position. Only managed to sit in it for 2 minutes one time as an experiment, but there seems to be something to it indeed. Felt powerful.

I once asked Chunyi Lin if he could really see someone's past life... He seemed very surprised by the question and wanted to know where I got that info from. Said I "read it somewhere on the internet"... knowing full well it was Mr. Drew Hempel. Don't believe he answered it; definitely didn't deny it. The idea was basically to do an interview with him at another point for questions like that, but it didn't have any priority so never did it.

Had two healing sessions with him. After that I decided to do it myself. Was interesting though. Asked him where the major blockages were. He said they were in the chest... could be true, although they were elsewhere too. But my heart and upper chest really, really hurt when working on it myself - didn't tell him that. He was 5,000 miles away and I started getting a little nauseated and began burping when he was working on me. First time I thought nothing of it (but was strong enough that I put the phone aside to let out a few burps... very unusual), but it happened the second time also. Don't think that was a coincidence. Once had a lady working on me... way back. She burped so much while working on my stomach that the whole hotel room began to smell funky. Pretty big room also. Glad she didn't release the energy from her backside, as some have a tendency to do. Haha.

Edited by FixXxer1845
  • Like 3

Bump. Big fan of this segment:

S: Given your sense of the ultimate goal, is it possible for you to describe a basic road map of steps or stages a person has to take to reach this ultimate goal?

CL: I make the following suggestions to all of my students.

1. Smile. S.M.I.L.E. = Start My Internal Love Engine!

2. Connect. Make the Love Connection

3. Enhance. Enhance the Flow

4. Radiate. Let it Glow - Become a Love Radiator!

1. Put a Smile on your Face

S.M.I.L.E. = Start My Internal Love Engine!

The simple act of smiling immediately helps your body to relax.

A smile also sends a message to your brain to produce endorphins, the body's natural feel-good hormone. If you're helping another person, your smile will help her or him to relax, too.

By smiling you help to open your connection to the unconditional love in your heart. That's what S.M.I.L.E means: Start My Internal Love Engine. A simple smile helps you open your heart.

2. Connect - Make Your Love Connection

Breathe, slowly, gently and deeply - take three slow, gentle, deep breaths

Breathing is the Key to Connecting your Mind, Body & Spirit. There are three aspects to every human being - Mind - Body - Spirit. In our busy stress filled lives, our minds are too often filled to overflowing with so many things we have to get done, while our bodies are racing around trying to get everything done, and our spirit is simply ignored.

With your mind buzzing, your body racing around and your spirit lost in space we have divided ourselves. A person divided can never be as strong, as powerful, as wonderful and as a whole person - a person united in all three aspects.

Breathing is the key to uniting your mind, body and spirit into one powerful whole person as God intended each of us to be.

3. Enhance - Enhance the Flow of Unconditional Love

Visualize the Light of a Beautiful, Golden Sun, coming from the center of the Universe, flowing into your body and collecting in your Middle Dantian - Your Heart Center

Feel the warmth of the light filling you up ... filling you with joy ... filling you with perfect peace ...

You are feeling the limitless, healing Love of the universe ... a Love of Perfect Purity and Perfect Peace.

Even if you don't feel Loved or Loving, this Love exists within you.

Even if you don't see this Love within others, it always exists within them, too. It is the Source of our Existence ... and, it is the most powerful, healing force in all the universe.

Feel how wonderful this Love feels, flowing into you and throughout your body.

This Love is always available to you. In this Love, in this golden light, you are always connected to the infinite wisdom and power of the universe. You are never alone.

4. Radiate - Let Your Love Glow - Become a Love Radiator

Allow this unconditional Love to flow into your heart center, filling you up and radiating out to everyone. Focus on Sending this Love - this beautiful, golden light - out from your Heart Center to the person, or persons you are interacting with ... or will be interacting with.

You can visualize sending this Love directly to the other person's Heart Center. You can visualize filling an entire room, or house, or building with this Love. Like a radiator filling a room with warmth. This Love has no limits. Again, as Gandhi also said, "Love is the simplest force in the universe. It is also the most powerful."

• Like 2

Well, I finally got wore out: Spring Forest Qigong was mentioned positively here (in another thread) for the 10,000th time straight. Ordered the SFQ dvd (hasn't arrived yet). Watched some of their youtube videos including some of the 'healing story' vids - I've gotta say, impressive. :)

I think that interview is super cool, chunyi lin is a great guy..

• Like 1

Came back to read this again, I thInk SMILE is a technique that would really help me grow in my own practice. Bump...again :P

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi