sean

Interview with Chunyi Lin of Spring Forest Qigong

I speculate that perhaps his style's name might be simply based off his name?

Chun can mean Spring & Lin can mean forest (depending on the actual characters, though). So in pinyin, it would be called Chun Lin Gong.

very nice Sean.

Deep Bow to you for doing the interview and Master Lin for sharing his wisdom with us.

CL: I will only say that with energetic practices it is never helpful to mix them. So, if you are practicing different systems take a break in between sessions, an hour, a day, whatever you feel most comfortable with. I say this because different systems move your body's energy in different ways

Agreed.

Interesting interview Sean!

I speculate that perhaps his style's name might be simply based off his name?

Chun can mean Spring & Lin can mean forest (depending on the actual characters, though). So in pinyin, it would be called Chun Lin Gong.

very nice interview. Thanks Sean very much for bring this Chun-Lin-Gong to the Tao Bums.

As vortex mentioned, this style's name might be simply created on his name. Chun = 春 = Spring, Lin = 林 = forest.

Considering the thetaobums.com has some relation to Dao / Tao, if Master Lin could explain much deeply about his system, it would be inspired more Tao bums deep thinking. :rolleyes:

Thank you for taking the time to send out email messages regarding this interview. I find it interesting that all qigong teachers seem to share the same philosophy of helping others. I am surprised that Chunyi Lin did not make a statement along those lines when asked about ultimate goals, despite having previously mentioned it being the purpose for developing the SFQ system.

It seems to come naturally. Once we feel good about ourselves, we want to share it with others. The goodness seems to be a force of its own, and it wants to propogate and multiply.

thanx for a great interview.Chunyi lin is the only master i know of that I really belive have the skills of a real master.

You need to get out more.

• Like 2

I cannot emphasize this enough, the most important factor in your energy development is opening your heart and connecting with the unconditional love of the universe and learning to live your life in this love, powered by this love and radiating this love to help others.

-Chunyi Lin

Putting this up in big letters on my mirror and on my car dashboard and on my desk at work. Remember who it came from.

:)

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

very nice interview. Thanks Sean very much for bring this Chun-Lin-Gong to the Tao Bums.

As vortex mentioned, this style's name might be simply created on his name. Chun = 春 = Spring, Lin = 林 = forest.

Considering the thetaobums.com has some relation to Dao / Tao, if Master Lin could explain much deeply about his system, it would be inspired more Tao bums deep thinking. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Vortex and Kathy Li, for explaining the name. Still, there's this old school of thought that maintains that destiny is encoded in the name...:)

I have a recording of a huge interview (over 6 hours) I did in China with a Longmen/TCM master, which I keep putting off transcribing. Shame on me. And Sean is an inspiration, as always. :) I'll quit dispersing my shen all over TTB and get to work... right meow.:lol:

An interesting interview from an inspirational point of view. I am kind of surprised to see one of the few practical details - the reversed breathing. In all the systems I've practiced or read about, this is considered too strong of a practice and not one to be done for too long. Interesting to see he recommends it 100% of the time.

Guest sykkelpump

You need to get out more.

I am out,maybe you should reconsider your status

Guest sykkelpump

What status would that be?

you tell me

Thanks for sharing the interview and let us hope that all the good teachings will be accessible, affordable and possibly free to all humanity.

haha, thank you sean. I'd agree with Chunyi that love is the most important thing that most people tend to overlook. I think hendrix said it best, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace". Right now the two are still battling inside me :P

Also you could term it a "wood" path depending on it's dynamics. I don't think it's alchemy but since water flows from the crown down and fire goes from the tail bone up and SFQ starts at the heart then perhaps....something something (insert sense making here), thus in conclusion that is why I feel the governments of the world should each give me 1 million dollars cash :D

-Astral

Edited by Astral_Anima

I have heard about reverse breathing before but not like this.

I started doing reverse breathing as often as i could as recommended in the interview.

It takes a little more effort than regular abdominal breathing, but i feel more energy too.

The very best, in my opinion, is connecting with the limitless, unconditional love of the universe and the infinite source. Opening your heart, connecting with this unconditional love is always the best. There simple is no more powerful healing energy than unconditional love. When you open your heart like this you can get into the emptiness/the oneness faster, then the Qi will do what is best for you naturally and spontaneously.

That settles that one once again. This is exactly what my qigong teacher used to say. "Let it happen naturally, the qigong movements take care of themselves".

: ) Great interview Sean, covered some really interesting questions.

• Like 1

Did you not receive Chunyi's wonderful transmission in sean's interview?

The words were the least important part of the interview.

What lies between his words, the syllables, the phonemes...

THIS is the power of his presence. :wub:

uhh... no, I didn't receive anything but information which has been on the web and other places for decades.

I'm not one to "idolize" someone like this or look for secrets "between the words". I've been in it too long. CL apparently doesn't do it for me.

Yamu, Kathy Li, Terry Dunn, and others not on this board resonate with me much better.

Thanks, Vortex and Kathy Li, for explaining the name. Still, there's this old school of thought that maintains that destiny is encoded in the name...:)
Well, these speculations are not necessarily mutually-exclusive.

I often find some amusing synchronicities in accomplished peoples' names:

For example, Titanic/Avatar producer James Cameron = "camera on."

Or astronaut Neil A. = "alien" backwards - since he went from Earth into space (instead of vice-versa for aliens)

I have a recording of a huge interview (over 6 hours) I did in China with a Longmen/TCM master, which I keep putting off transcribing. Shame on me. And Sean is an inspiration, as always. :) I'll quit dispersing my shen all over TTB and get to work... right meow.:lol:
*jizz my pants* :o