sean

Interview with Chunyi Lin of Spring Forest Qigong

Thanks for the interview Sean

Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the most important factor in your energy development is opening your heart and connecting with the unconditional love of the universe and learning to live your life in this love, powered by this love and radiating this love to help others.

Nice :)

• Like 1

Awesome indeed, Sean. From your interview, here's the key to it all according to Master Lin (lest we get lost in details):

Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough, the most important factor in your energy development is opening your heart and connecting with the unconditional love of the universe and learning to live your life in this love, powered by this love and radiating this love to help others.

Thanks for taking the time to do this Sean and thanks also to Chunyi Lin. Very inspiring and yes, he mentions opening the heart to giving and receiving unconditional love several times during the interview as well as one of the three things people can do regardless of any system they practice.

Great interview and great way to kick off my day! Thanks! :D

Fantastic interview, Sean! I think you succinctly covered all the pertinent questions. Thank you both for this! :D

Edited by vortex

I thought it was particularly interesting what he said about the small microcosmic orbit meditation and also about not practicing multiple Chi gong systems one after another.

-I enjoyed this interview, thanks Sean. :)

Edited by Tao Apprentice

I thought it was particularly interesting what he said about the small microcosmic orbit meditation and also about not practicing multiple Chi gong systems one after another.

-I enjoyed this interview, thanks Sean. :)

Yes I agree, and also the part about reverse breathing. ;)

Very good interview and some good honest answers to the questions.

It makes me want to learn the system now I have read this.

Thank you very much.

S: There is a lot of talk about "water methods" vs "fire methods", could you speak a little about this distinction? Does Spring Forest Qigong fall into one of these categories?

CL: Since these are things I never teach about it would not be helpful for me to enter into this discussion. I hope you will forgive me for not addressing this question but I do not want to create any confusion.

Is this why the practice is called Spring Forest? A Spring Forest is Wood, located smack in the middle between Fire and Water. Spring Wood is Water's child, Fire's parent equally removed from both, or equally close, however you look at it. (Summer Forest would be Wood with Fire, and Winter Forest, Wood with Water.)

• Like 2

Thanks Sean!

Interesting post TaoMeow. If the notion that we're (and by "we" I refer to contemporary humans) is that we're too "fire-oriented", where would that stand with respect to a "wood" practice? I'm not sure I'm making sense, but you get my drift. Hopfully.

thank you all

so sweet :):):) <3

gratefully

returning to my pillow on the floor

smiling

reverse breathing

I am not so greedy about money but greedy about learning new techniques.

Great to hear about radiating love, reverse breathing, Full lotus.

In fact i was looking for something to take me to the next level.

Practicing reverse breathing lately and seeing results already.

Guest sykkelpump

Is this why the practice is called Spring Forest? A Spring Forest is Wood, located smack in the middle between Fire and Water. Spring Wood is Water's child, Fire's parent equally removed from both, or equally close, however you look at it. (Summer Forest would be Wood with Fire, and Winter Forest, Wood with Water.)

Would he name his practice after something he dont teach?

Guest sykkelpump

thanx for a great interview.Chunyi lin is the only master i know of that I really belive have the skills of a real master.

Thanks Sean!

Interesting post TaoMeow. If the notion that we're (and by "we" I refer to contemporary humans) is that we're too "fire-oriented", where would that stand with respect to a "wood" practice? I'm not sure I'm making sense, but you get my drift. Hopfully.

Well, I don't know this system as a system, although pretty much all of its elements mentioned in the interview are familiar to me from other practices, so I don't know if it's really a "wood" practice as a whole, aside from the name, which I saw as a bit of a wuxing pun.:) (To compare: "tree qigong" is a wood practice, and it involves actual trees and certain dynamics of movement that are an alternation between fire and water, with wood in between, i.e. at its "natural" place between fire and water.) Where would a "wood" practice stand in contemporary circumstances?.. I guess in the right place "in general" -- current society's Five Phases are unbalanced along the fire-metal predominance over water-wood. But when it comes to an individual, I would still look at which phases are the most/least beneficial for this particular individual.

Would he name his practice after something he dont teach?

What's in a name? It's not always obvious what the name an author gives to his creation means to the author. So I was merely guessing that the name and the actual qi dynamics of the practice might be somewhat related.

Guest sykkelpump

What's in a name? It's not always obvious what the name an author gives to his creation means to the author. So I was merely guessing that the name and the actual qi dynamics of the practice might be somewhat related.

keep on guessing

Well, I don't know this system as a system, although pretty much all of its elements mentioned in the interview are familiar to me from other practices, so I don't know if it's really a "wood" practice as a whole, aside from the name, which I saw as a bit of a wuxing pun.:) (To compare: "tree qigong" is a wood practice, and it involves actual trees and certain dynamics of movement that are an alternation between fire and water, with wood in between, i.e. at its "natural" place between fire and water.) Where would a "wood" practice stand in contemporary circumstances?.. I guess in the right place "in general" -- current society's Five Phases are unbalanced along the fire-metal predominance over water-wood. But when it comes to an individual, I would still look at which phases are the most/least beneficial for this particular individual.

Thanks TaoMeow! So, how's the book coming along :) ?