Nebulous Gas

Hello everyone!

Salam all!,

My name is Ali, 24/m currently in Budapest...and it is a pleasure to be here with you all!

ive been browsing around, reading some posts here for a couple of weeks and despite my bad luck with forums; decided to join up as it seems you guys are really doing what a forum should do...exchanging knowledge.

so Far as training and things of this nature; i have never been formally taught ANY practice/tech, and the little I do know and practice comes from internal messages, intuition and observation-gifts from the Creator that ive learned to accept if you will. I am a very spiritual person, I truly feel we are all interconnected and cultivating said connection is one of the methods i use for self-development/enhancement...(ex;you fall scrape your knee, i help you up,treat your wound-we've BOTH benefitted. and vice versa).

ive come here because, i seek some assistance(as per the example above: also to provide what assistance i can-little as it may be)...my progress seems to be at a standstill. and i seem to be having a hard time connecting with that source that has been providing me with the little knowledge i can pull from.(i think this is due to the new confines of 'work' which ive tried to steer clear of) so to supplement/jumpstart...grow-whatever u wanna call it, i find myself here, hoping the exchange of ideas will stimulate this. honestly as well im looking for a discipline to assign myself to as one of the things i feel i lack is a daily (or at least) weekly regimen.

I've been working on well i dunno, but lets say stregthening my intention/will to help me manifest things in "reality"...weird now that i see it written- but thats pretty much my bag...that i wanna put some things in.

I have much to learn, and am very willing. if any of you guys feel you want to CONNECT with me - then MOST DEFINETLY i want to CONNECT with you...

all the ripples we make in the water-changes the pond. no?

- Ali

Edited by Nebulous Gas

Hi Ali,

Welcome to the bums, I'm sure you will find much here to stimulate progress.

Hope you have fun.

Hi Ali,

You should find much to nourish you here. One good idea is to research the archives which are replete with fascinating and helpful discussions, and you can resurrect an old thread to get some fresh viewpoints.

Songs

Thanks guys!

yes, I actually think i will be looking into this XSZ ive been reading so much about...

would you guys suggest this as a good set of exercises for a begginer? I mean its strange but the more I look at some of the forms/positions in many of these different practices- I realize ive done some of them before of my own accord/intuition.

I would like to have my "machine" more tuned. i will continue to look around for the next few days or so before beggining a steady practice.

however im so fresh im still learning new terminology,etc here, and contrasting and fitting new information w/ previous knowledge. so if anyone has any suggestions from personal experience or just wants to drop their 2 cents in, it would be much appreciated. I mean so many masters,schools, practices-all new to me. where to really start?

and thanks Song + Mal for the welcome!

-Ali

Edited by Nebulous Gas

Strangely enough...I think KAP might be the way to go. those folks gimme a good vibe.

let me ask though brother, how do you have a master/student relationship with the distance thing(escuse the intrusion)?

this is actually one of my major concerns in general. really is the only way for this to work me jumping on a plane to see X individual? dont misunderstand me, ideally thats what i would like to do anyway, realistically, however its a greater problem("I'm broke son! I'm broke!"). Inshallah I can catch the Edinburgh KAP seminar in 2011.

Thanks for the reading suggestion.looking into it now. real,REAL good stuff thanks again.

since youve done the KAP let me ask (ive already read preparation description so maybe its overkill here)did u have to abstain from intercourse prior/after training to reap the benefits of KAP? do you continue with KAP?

im sorry as i probably should read your 'journey with KAP' (which i will) first and probably direct some of these question to the KAP folks. but i do appreciate your time...thanks!

-Ali

Hi Ali,

As I had basically been a solo practitioner (I did learnt a few bits and pieces practicing other systems with with locals) distance learning was a step up from books for me. Both Tao and Santi are very approachable. It's not as ideal as in person. But, for example, I only get to see my Kung Fu Sifu once a week (twice if he comes to Tai Chi :D) and that's during class time. Of course I can contact him if I have a problem but Santi is available 24/7 via email and is more than happy to chat about stuff, that builds a relationship :)

No abstinence required, except for 2 weeks doing Tumo if you want to build energy, there are even dual cultivation exercises to practice in KAP2 B) Abstinence/retention isn't really a 'KAP thing' unless that is how you like your life.

I don't "formally practice" a lot of kap currently, it's just integrated into my life so I'm always doing bits of it. Mostly I utilise the secret smile and change my breathing patterns/intent. It's all basic stuff that integrates smoothly into life. Since I don't focus on kundalini awakening I tend to be a bit slack and not do too much :lol: I'm just in it for the fun.