mewtwo

spiritual weapons for fighting off demons?

So i was wondering what are the different types of weapons in the different religions?

Are they like the dorje and phurba or tibetan buddhism?

Thanks

I am by no means an expert in this, and realize this isn't really an answer to your question, but I think the best weapon to ward off demons is to not get their attention in the first place if at all possible. ;)

I'd say that, in a non-denominational way, a weapon would have to be "blessed" or "charged" in a certain way, for a certain purpose.

So, from a Christian perspective, Holy Water. Holy Water has been blessed in a certain way so that it holds a certain kind of property. Evil things don't like Holy Water because it has gone through this process.

The same would hold true for any other type of weapon.

Now someone else could empower this item, or you could do it yourself. Of course, the more significance that the item has to the user and recipient, the better. A sword, for example, might be a bit more significantly evocative of a "warrior" lifestyle than, say, a sponge. But if you had the proper intent, energy manipulation, and other such rights imbued into a toothpick, it might be a bit more effective than a sponge, because you, and the other entity, would recognize it readily as a weapon, so you can already play of mental constructions. And the practitioner would play an important role. If you aren't good at empowering things, then giving it to someone else who is good (or even someone who you BELIEVE is good), might have an effect.

There's an interesting article here that's about the subject (in a way), but as the writer said: unless you're practice is of a level to actually DO something, you won't be able to make it work, and will be doing little more than exercising your imagination.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

OMG yeah its like 500 demons come and atack you but you pull out a spoonge and they all back away. lol

HAH! Am I glad to find this topic.

I came in here tonight with a question about demons or spirits or etheric boogers or whatever. I've been having health problems and some friends suggested a salt scrub in case I had some spiritual parasites. I don't believe in them, but in any case a salt scrub seemed like a good idea to exfoliate any dead skin cells.

Anyhow, I started at the top of my head and scrubbed with salt all the way down to soles of my feet. It felt like some entity was dislodged from the back of my neck and got washed away with the salt. It's now 9 hours later and I notice am bruised all over from the waist up...no visible marks but I feel exactly like I was beaten with sticks all over my arms and my back and front. Ewwww. I don't want to believe in etheric things attaching themselves to me. WTF?

In my case there was one of those highly ungrounding spiritual experiences where I noticed that intending and pulling from within for a weapon seems to create an energetic weapon of whatever suits your spirit. I'm not sure of the uses for this and the ways i've used it were strange and I won't mention.

I had a situation a couple years ago, where I had to fight off something. I don't know exactely what it was, but I don't think it was a demon, but more like a malevolent earth spirit, but I can't be sure for certain. Anyways I kept feeling its presence, and after reading a book by Robert Bruce on psycic self defense, I came up with a few strategies that worked.

The first was creating for myself spiritual samurai armor, and a samurai sword. I didn't just "imagine" it, but put a lot of effort in forming it with my mind with a lot of intent and detail. The first time forming it took a while, but subsequent times were much faster, just a matter of bringing my weapons back. I would enter "its" realm and fight with it, hacking off limbs and stabbing it, n such. It seemed so shocked that I would actually enter its realm and take it on, after several more attacks it sort of gave up and left me alone. "It" also seemed to be able to command lesser entities which seemed to resemble snakes and spiders in the astral plane. They were dark and nasty, but not to hard to chop into pieces.

Naturally since I had to sleep sometimes, when I did I would summon/create a wall of terra cotta warriors around me, my bed, my room, my house, my property to ward off anything that would try to get at me while I was asleep. This also seemed to be effective.

I also found burning sage incense to be effective at cleaning out negative energy, as well as sprinkeling salt, spontaneous calligraphy while in a hightened chi state, and auspacious feng shui, amongst other things. Salt baths have also been effective, I suppose in a manner somewhat similar to the salt scrub mentioned above. I have also used a bowl of water filled and placed at the foot of my bed, as well as crystal bowls filled with salt placed in various spots around the house.

There are a lot of other ways to deal with this as well, but there are just a few of the ones that I have used personally in the last couple years that have proven to be effective against what I had to deal with. Hope this helps.

HAH! Am I glad to find this topic.

I came in here tonight with a question about demons or spirits or etheric boogers or whatever. I've been having health problems and some friends suggested a salt scrub in case I had some spiritual parasites. I don't believe in them, but in any case a salt scrub seemed like a good idea to exfoliate any dead skin cells.

Anyhow, I started at the top of my head and scrubbed with salt all the way down to soles of my feet. It felt like some entity was dislodged from the back of my neck and got washed away with the salt. It's now 9 hours later and I notice am bruised all over from the waist up...no visible marks but I feel exactly like I was beaten with sticks all over my arms and my back and front. Ewwww. I don't want to believe in etheric things attaching themselves to me. WTF?

Hi there,

This is good to know. I knew about salt baths but they don't seem to do the trick... I have had an attachment before. I think it hurts for them to be without a body in some cases if they are spiritual in nature, and thats why they do this.

It seems that there are different types of attachments. I know at one time in my life I felt like something was hanging on my back, and I could just picture it like a monkey Demon. This oriental man at the mall, that gives massages saw me and insisted to work on my back. He got it. And when he was done, he wiped down my back like off you go. He told me I like you, so i guess he could see it, and helped me.

I don't know why such things happen. I wasn't doing anything that I know of to make this happen, that I know off.

So you say this one was attached at the back of the neck? It seems I have read something of this, but I can't remember. I am so glad you got it off, and i'm sorry you are bruised that is how hard it was hanging on. This is good to know... Thank you Melanie

P.S. What type of salt did you use?

Hi there,

This is good to know. I knew about salt baths but they don't seem to do the trick... I have had an attachment before. I think it hurts for them to be without a body in some cases if they are spiritual in nature, and thats why they do this.

It seems that there are different types of attachments. I know at one time in my life I felt like something was hanging on my back, and I could just picture it like a monkey Demon. This oriental man at the mall, that gives massages saw me and insisted to work on my back. He got it. And when he was done, he wiped down my back like off you go. He told me I like you, so i guess he could see it, and helped me.

I don't know why such things happen. I wasn't doing anything that I know of to make this happen, that I know off.

So you say this one was attached at the back of the neck? It seems I have read something of this, but I can't remember. I am so glad you got it off, and i'm sorry you are bruised that is how hard it was hanging on. This is good to know... Thank you Melanie

P.S. What type of salt did you use?

I've heard before that moles and other bumps on the skin can be physical points of attachment for these things. That is why during the middle ages witch hunts they would check the bodies of alleged witches for such things as "proof" that they were witches.

It has been my personal observation that very often the more sexually permiscuous a person tends to be the more moles they have on their bodies. When you have sex with a person you can also pick up any spiritual attachments that they may have as well. I suppose this is why so many of the ancient holy texts that we in the 21st century think of as "kill joy" rules of an outdated era had various regulations in regards to sexual activity.

The most effective 'weapon' for 'fighting' off any invasion, be it physical or psychical, is a good heart. You may not prevent the attack, but trust me, you will heal faster. And the faster you heal, the stronger your spiritual resistance will build, until there comes a time when these demons will turn into angels when in your presence. All evils will be pacified in the presence of one whose heart is pure... ever hear this?

If all else fails, buy yourself an ectoplasmic vacuum cleaner?

Seriously.

• Like 1

The most effective 'weapon' for 'fighting' off any invasion, be it physical or psychical, is a good heart. You may not prevent the attack, but trust me, you will heal faster. And the faster you heal, the stronger your spiritual resistance will build, until there comes a time when these demons will turn into angels when in your presence. All evils will be pacified in the presence of one whose heart is pure... ever hear this?

Alas, they used to sacrifice "young virgins" (or to put it in realistic historic terms, children) to assorted demons openly and frequently (and do it today secretly and frequently too) precisely because a good heart, purity, innocence is what demonic entities like for dinner. However, there's one thing that can spoil their appetite: courage. They like their victims terrified. The flavor they're after, adrenochrome, is released by terror. If you have no fear, they aren't getting what they're after. If you do have fear, take megadoses of vitamin C combined with niacin -- this will deplete your adrenochrome and make you unappetizing for the demon. Best strategy therefore is a combo of magical protection techniques plus vitamin C plus niacin plus a regimen of practices and techniques continuously strengthening your heart's "courage muscles" -- but NOT counterphobic behaviors, i.e. being afraid but pretending you are not by suppressing external manifestations of fear and conscious awareness of it. The latter will cause adrenochrome to accumulate in huge amounts (since fear you feel below your conscious awareness still releases it in the same amounts as conscious fear, but counterphobic behaviors drastically interfere with your ability to metabolize it).

Alas, they used to sacrifice "young virgins" (or to put it in realistic historic terms, children) to assorted demons openly and frequently (and do it today secretly and frequently too) precisely because a good heart, purity, innocence is what demonic entities like for dinner. However, there's one thing that can spoil their appetite: courage. They like their victims terrified. The flavor they're after, adrenochrome, is released by terror. If you have no fear, they aren't getting what they're after. If you do have fear, take megadoses of vitamin C combined with niacin -- this will deplete your adrenochrome and make you unappetizing for the demon. Best strategy therefore is a combo of magical protection techniques plus vitamin C plus niacin plus a regimen of practices and techniques continuously strengthening your heart's "courage muscles" -- but NOT counterphobic behaviors, i.e. being afraid but pretending you are not by suppressing external manifestations of fear and conscious awareness of it. The latter will cause adrenochrome to accumulate in huge amounts (since fear you feel below your conscious awareness still releases it in the same amounts as conscious fear, but counterphobic behaviors drastically interfere with your ability to metabolize it).

Ah, my dear Taomeow... young virgins are loved for their purity and innocence... whereas a good heart can only be cast in the furnace of equanimous might, emblazoned with the fiercest compassion, where neither friend nor foe can nudge.

Purity and innocence may be the ground for developing a good heart, but also contains within it the potential for sully. On the other hand, a good heart is one that has already been dragged down to the deepest mud, or has taken a seat in the thrones of heaven, and yet has remained unsullied, unmoved, neither disgusted nor overwhelmed by all that is presented before this one. That is the small difference, i m o.

You must be familiar with the ancient tales of how the Maoshan masters had great equanimity towards all beings, living or not, and part of their joyous occupation was to help the villagers tame the wild and restless spirits that roam the idyllic countrysides of China, often inviting these tormented souls into their chinese gourd, and later sending these off to take on more auspicious rebirths? Even today, such compassionate traditions are still observed, with special days set aside to appease these wandering souls thru offerings of foods and wine, prayers and the burning of Fus and effigies as means of liberating them from their torment.

An interesting article about the Chinese gourd: http://primaltrek.com/gourd.html

(Btw, I swear by the ingestion of enough raw garlic to keep things at bay... both human or otherwise... :lol: ) But thanks for the tip, nonetheless.

Edited by CowTao
  • Like 1

You must be familiar with the ancient tales of how the Maoshan masters had great equanimity towards all beings, living or not, and part of their joyous occupation was to help the villagers tame the wild and restless spirits that roam the idyllic countrysides of China, often inviting these tormented souls into their chinese gourd, and later sending these off to take on more auspicious rebirths? Even today, such compassionate traditions are still observed, with special days set aside to appease these wandering souls thru offerings of foods and wine, prayers and the burning of Fus and effigies as means of liberating them from their torment.

An interesting article about the Chinese gourd: http://primaltrek.com/gourd.html

Well, I do have one of those gourds.:) But I'll take a look at the article, thanks for the reference.

(Btw, I swear by the ingestion of enough raw garlic to keep things at bay... both human or otherwise... :lol: ) But thanks for the tip, nonetheless.

LOL, yeah, raw garlic... You don't have to ingest it though if you are in a situation where repelling humans is not part of the plan. You can make a wreath of whole bulbs and hang it in your home on permanent display -- e.g. in the kitchen. I have one of those too. Helps prevent colds, among other things. Pathogenic viruses are of demonic origins, incidentally. A shamanic journey into a dimension where things are presented in their true and real form (rather than hidden behind appearances the way they are in our dimension) showed me their actual size -- not in terms of the physical size of the individual virus under the microscope, but in terms of their effect, the "reality size" of the physical, psychic, and spiritual problem they create in the human world. They are humongous. Very scary-looking, and as demonic in appearance as they get.

I once asked a Taoist, what should one use for psychic or spiritual self defence? He laughed and said that you don't need weapons or shields, just Permeability. No defence is the best defence. :)

I once asked a Taoist, what should one use for psychic or spiritual self defence? He laughed and said that you don't need weapons or shields, just Permeability. No defence is the best defence. :)

That's quite true, but it's a top level skill. Absolute top level. Don't be fooled by people who come by the dozen to internet forums to announce they have it. They don't.

I've pushed hands with someone marginally permeable, a cultivator of emptiness for some 40 years. It was absolutely unreal. Confused the hell out of all my senses. Yet his skill is not of the level that makes him empty to demons -- only to humans. Even his teacher, who's been practicing for 80 years now, doesn't have that yet, and keeps working toward that every single day.

For us mere mortals, there's humble tools of magic to use in the interim.

So you guys think these things exist is separate entities apart from your own mind? For me all the demons I know of are my personal demons and in my experience to try deal with them you need attention, gentleness, compassion and to look them in the eye without running away in order to absorb their energy into a part of you and make you more whole so they stop causing you problems. This is my understanding of what Jesus was doing when he tackled demons, he would help reintegrate split off parts of peoples consciousness back into their psyche. To fight them with weapons would mean to push them away and separate them further which would just bury them deeper and cause you more problems as you become even more blind to what they are up to.

I've heard before that moles and other bumps on the skin can be physical points of attachment for these things. That is why during the middle ages witch hunts they would check the bodies of alleged witches for such things as "proof" that they were witches.

It has been my personal observation that very often the more sexually permiscuous a person tends to be the more moles they have on their bodies. When you have sex with a person you can also pick up any spiritual attachments that they may have as well. I suppose this is why so many of the ancient holy texts that we in the 21st century think of as "kill joy" rules of an outdated era had various regulations in regards to sexual activity.

Hi there,

This is strange you say this... I have just in this past year had problems with these pimple type places that will come up on my face, more like a bite it will never come to a head. It will leave a scare on my face, if I mess with it.

I know this sounds just like anything anyone could have. But this is different. I have had beautiful skin my whole life clear no problem. I am 40 this coming year.... I don't know one goes away, one comes. And to be scaring my face. Not bad yet But if the problem keeps on, it could be sad for me...

And I take very good care of myself. And am very clean, so it is not that. It is almost as a bite. If I mess with it. Way at the bottom. Is like a black stuff, not blood. But under the blood. I know this is gross sorry. But my pretty skin will be ruined by this, sad...

At first face, then that stopped, then right shoulder, now face and chest. Only one at a time and then as soon as one clears up and it could take a month. Another comes...

As far as moles. I was born with them. And my daughter has them too she is a little girl. They where on my neck, they have been removed a long time ago...

I am no witch, but in the past. I messed with things that could of brought me problems. Like pendulum. And one time about two years ago Ouija board, just like one week. And in the trash it went. I have always been curious of this type of thing. But I have decided to not mess with it...

I read my Bible and pray every day. And always have... I know this all sounds confussing. I guess i was. Now I just hope and pray my messing with that crap hasn't brought me a problem I can not get ride of...

I will keep at my prayer, and reading. And stay away from that kind of thing... My be this can also help someone else as a reminder not to mess with these things. And save them, from the trouble I have brought on myself... I will try and live better, and do the best I can...

Take care, Melanie

If all else fails, buy yourself an ectoplasmic vacuum cleaner?

Seriously.

Hi there,

I think this is true also... I believe with a good heart we can overcome in the way you say. With LOVE...

Thank you Melanie

Speaking from real experience, just project loving kindness towards them and they will cease to bother you!

Yes! Well said, O! :)

A talk on ghostbusting, and why being loving and kind towards spirits often helps, by Tsem Rinpoche (gets interesting from 2:12 on) --

--------------------

Hey Rex... great post! Thanks.

_/\_