Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Time and Space

qigong means energy work. But I would like to think one definition of enlightenment would be transcending..well...everything...

Though I am not crazy about the word transcend..I would prefer saying "see clearly" or something..

me too I dont like the word trasncend so much. How about the opposite, embody. This is what we do with the seasons and rotations of the planet or stars, (time) in qigong (time space) practice. We also open ourselves to the space of the universe, so the inside and out are like mirrors of pure emboyment.

By the way what is energy? It is not time moving in relation to space? Is this not a skill?

Edited by GrandTrinity

My guess is when you get to a high level of cultivation you see the underlying oneness and stillness amidst change. Concepts like time and space are useful in worldly matters but from the mind of enlightenment thousands of years are probably like a blink of an eye(I am guessing).

I remember reading that quote from Buddha that the biggest lake in India is like a drop of water on his foot .When you realize your true nature and see things clearly small concepts like measurments of size or a length of time are pretty minute(I am guessing).

Cam

Edited by Cameron

i just want to throw in some undigested thought.

yesterday I read an excerpt of eric juliens The science of the extraterrestrials.

Here he talks about ufo propulsion that would manipulate the density of time and thus as well altering the space they want to move in. He says "the more time there is the less space there is and conversely. he also states " The discrepancy between material and spiritual is but the result of a difference of flow of time".

and - excuse my brainstorm- I heard the saying: alchemy is the empowerment of time, martial arts is the empowerment of space.

whatever.

affenbrot

hmm... well technicaly it's the other way round... space is: A here - B there.... time is: the distance between A and B (or the time it takes for light to travel from A to B ). So the more space there is - the more time there is - the more time there is, the more space there is.

I think of time in relation to Alchemy to be a different beast than the very fundamental time/space of science... alchemical time for me is all about cycles... or phases... how to align yourself to the phases and then speed the cycles up to develop faster

I was actually thinking more in lines of speed or density of time, which then is more a matter

of perception and consciousness (I had one strange stop of time the first time I tried tummoessence's posted experiment btw. but could not repeat it).

So I would define a high speed of time is a high density of time is less time correlating to more space and vice versa. My vision of that space is one of different scales.

Like if you take pulsations on various levels.

You have to slow time considerably to be able to watch the spin of an electron (very small space) as a slow undulation. To be able to watch the oscillation of our universe from bigbang to big crunch (very big space) one needs to speed up time.

Trying to do so I cannot help but panic...

Now I wonder about hypothetic legendary yogis said to live inside mountains for centuries and if there is some correlation to my above confusion.

trying to change velocity

affenbrot

Have you even been in the presence of a yogai who was so blissed out that an hour feels like two seconds? That is what I am talking about, feeling time transcend like that, and space, or the universe being emodied through the joy: time flies when you having fun, and the space/energy in your body gets connected with the entire universe as well, it transcends. Qigong we do this we embody the seasons and the space of the seasons, all at one physical location and time, seeing the reflection.

Sign in to follow this