Sign in to follow this  
time to change

talking to people

lately when i talk to people i start to feel sleepy and tired like i want to meditate its weird its like i enter in to meditation when i talk to someone can someone explain this to me please

Is it a "sleepiness", or is it a feeling of, "I don't really care"?

Because I reached a point where, when facing a lot of social situations, I just.... didn't care. I started to think, "where is this getting me?" "Don't I have things I'd rather be doing?"

It was a re-prioritization of my life, as well as an increased awareness of how draining useless activities really are. I still have great conversations with people, I still like to go out and have fun, it's just, I do it when I feel like it's the right thing to do, and when I want to do it, rather than doing it because of some social convention, or because it's what I used to do.

I remember using the "I'm tired" excuse to get away from people I considered annoying. I figured if I was asleep, they'd leave me alone. I actually DID go to sleep during those moments. I don't use it quite so often nowadays but the sleepiness does seem to come with the "I want out of here" territory. Maybe because I "faked it" so well, it became true :unsure:

Your words "talk to people" is exactly the problem. Try "talking with people" sometime. There is a fantastic difference!

Even so called useless chit-chat can be used to lighten-up the day if a good vibe is inserted with a "pass it on type" of intention. Forms of boredom also tend to happen when we extend forward or back in time to something we think is more important, instead of being in the moment where the most freeing power is at hand.

Om

Even so called useless chit-chat can be used to lighten-up the day if a good vibe is inserted with a "pass it on type" of intention. Forms of boredom also tend to happen when we extend forward or back in time to something we think is more important, instead of being in the moment where the most freeing power is at hand.

Om

very well said

I tend to go through extremes of wanting to talk to everyone all the time, (like now lol) to not wanting to really talk to anyone...

lately when i talk to people i start to feel sleepy and tired like i want to meditate its weird its like i enter in to meditation when i talk to someone can someone explain this to me please

Well, I don't think anyone can explain such an abstract question easily, but my intuition tells me I know. I've known several people who form habbits of meditation whenever they are present minded. For example Tummo meditators who suddenly get an increased body temperature just by sitting down! Everything you have trained for occurs automaticly, because you've repeated it so many times. Many people go about not recognizing these kind of habbits. They can be so subtle.

With you, probably the feeling of social or other emotional uncomforts may have led to many meditations in the past. These meditations have calmed you down, but now the normal reactions most people would have is no longer triggered in you perhaps? Maybe thats why you become sleepy instead of feeling more common emotional responses when your milion year old social insticts are triggered.

I'm posting this cause last night my sister-in-law invited my to this pot luck at our appartment. So I went mainly cause there wasn't really much else to do. When I got there there were random people standing around, but the food was not ready. She went off somewhere with her friends, so I just sat there. On the table was a book about country homes, so for lack of anything else to do I picked it up and looked at it. As more people filtered in some of them began random conversations about their lives n such, making small talk about this and that. After about 20 miniutes I could take no more of this boredome and left. After about 10 min my sis-in-law called to ask where I was, and I just told her that I didn't really feel like mingeling.

So why am I saying all this? I don't really care that I didn't talk to anyone, as they all seemed boring to me. The concern I have is not that I'm lonley and want to meet people, the conern I have is why do 99% of people bore me to death, and why do I not care if I really know anyone or not? Does this mean something is wrong with me? Am I becoming some kind of anti-social recluse? Why is it that I find most people boring? Good looking women will flirt with me, and I just don't care, or at worst find it annoying. I find the idea of going to a pot luck or some other group social setting about as fun as watching a water leak drip into a bucket. So what gives?

Time to change,

I totally get what you are saying. I think that it is some form of zoning out.

I sometimes get that feeling when there is a lot of eye contact, it almost feels like a state of trance.

Either you are entirely uninterested and are really getting sleepy, or you are harmonizing with their vibe is what I believe.

Does the time slow down and you feel unsteady?

Maybe it's a brainwave thing?

I have wondered about this experience before, but I have found very few people that have talked about it.

Anyone else ever feel this trance like state come on when having conversation with people?

It's not something you knowingly do...it kinda feels random.

Thoughts?

I totally get what you are saying. I think that it is some form of zoning out.

Exactly. This isn't a topic about being bored with people. It's an energetic thing occurring. I still don't know what it is, but it can happen around people even if you're not talking with them or looking at them or anything.

Sign in to follow this