Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Training Goals

Ok loathe again to begin a "new" thread, but in my searching I did not find one like this, so here goes ....

I had this epiphany, and realized that most of the practices that I have gravitated towards since I began Qigong a couple years ago have in some way or another been connected to issues with my wife and father. Most of the practices I have done are related in some way either to emotions or sexuality. If one is having issues with their spouce this would make sense as these are two of the major components of a relationship. If one had issues with one of their parents then the emotional aspect is pretty obvious as well.

But how this relates to goals. At the time I began I was already very unhappy with my marriage, but had what I realize now to be an unhealthy outlook about it. I thought that if I could somehow get past what ever it was that made me unhappy with her, then all would be well. It did not occur to me that perhaps we were just not compatiable, and that maybe I was trying to force things that were not meant to be. I had always been told all my life that if I didn't like something about someone that the problem was mine, and I'd better do what I needed to go to just get over it (i.e. fix myself).

Ironically the past couple years of practice have done nothing to improve my marriage, but have done quite a bit to help me to look at things in a new light. Instead of being unhappy with her irratic behavor and thinking that I had a problem for not being happy with her, I now realize that she is not very well adjusted and has a lot of issues. My father was/is the same way, and Qigong has helped me to over come a lot of what I went through with him as well.

So as to the topic. It seems kind of funny now that we may begin with one set of goals, and as we progress the practice resets our goals, rather than helps us to meet our original goals if they be not well adjusted ones. I began Qigong to help save my marriage, and now as it is about to end, I realize that I would not have the strength and courge to end it now had I not begun doing Qigong.

I would be curious to see if anyone else has had similiar experiences.

I initially started Qigong to find peace of mind but I think the underlying motivation was also to get strength to deal with both my parents and other people in general.

I am now starting to view this in a different perspective: maybe my efforts are not for my gain solely but maybe they are meant as a healing process for all the people I interact with. It seems my relationships have a certain characteristic - or it could be a projection of my attitude - : these people need a nudge in the right direction. Of course you cannot help everyone, some people are best left as they are.

Regarding my interest in martial arts: I have not uncovered why I started Tai Chi yet, this is something I still need to figure out.

If your inner self / spirit is really as powerful as I've heard then it is easily understood: your inner self gets you going in the right direction and eventually you understand this with the conscious mind.

But yes, my goal is constantly changing as I learn more and get rid of cruft.

Regarding my interest in martial arts: I have not uncovered why I started Tai Chi yet, this is something I still need to figure out.

Yea same for me. I love martial arts, but I don't really know why either.

Hi wtm, totally resonate. :) To try to be immersed in the chi gung meditative state 24/7...wouldn't that be nice? Last night's *sleeping chi gung* was my most successful attempt. Relaxation beyond relaxation. ^_^

Hi Rainbow :rolleyes: ,

Yes it would be really nice to be in qigong state 24/7, it's actually one of my goals to cultivate 24 hours a day. I tried to do dream yoga but I didn't get my rest so it became too tough.

I wonder how you do sleeping qigong. Is there any specific method or is it a spontaneous effect of stillness-movement?

Edited by wtm

Hi wtm, it is basically doing stillness-movement while falling off to sleep. You know how much I love my relaxation before bed, so I just listen to my relaxation track, then keep relaxing, then switch my focus to my lower dantien. Of course, I don't know if simply keeping one's attention on the lower dantien, w/o the s-m energy projection, would work alone. However, you could strengthen your intent to connect to your higher level self by using prayer before bed. Prayer is something that has been alien to me for years, but Ya Mu suggests it and I do pray more these days.

Hope your practice is going well. :)

Hey RV I have heard you talk about Stillness movement. What exactely is it? how is it done? what does it do? Just curious

Matthew

Hi wtm, it is basically doing stillness-movement while falling off to sleep. You know how much I love my relaxation before bed, so I just listen to my relaxation track, then keep relaxing, then switch my focus to my lower dantien. Of course, I don't know if simply keeping one's attention on the lower dantien, w/o the s-m energy projection, would work alone. However, you could strengthen your intent to connect to your higher level self by using prayer before bed. Prayer is something that has been alien to me for years, but Ya Mu suggests it and I do pray more these days.

Hope your practice is going well. :)

Ok, I tried this with a Flying Phoenix lower dan tian meditation, I got to the buzz stage but I have to end the meditation with three breaths so I couldn't fall asleep while in the state.

Do you feel like you are in the qigong state in your dreams or is it only while falling to sleep?

I had a very good sleep by the way :)

I started out of curiosity about death and how things "really" work. Then I wanted to become a strong healer due to alot of rifts my parents and friends kept going through. Although I also wanted to learn projection so I could learn what everything was first hand, and I noticed that projection helps with healing immensly.

Turns out their is a masssive amount of healing I have to go through before I focus on anyone else, and now I want to be strong, confident and happy and hopefully QiGon practices will help with that, along with my other goals.

Funniest thing, After adding my first position from the "a Lightwarriors guide to High Level Energy Healing" I had a very happy dream, and then woke up with the book in my cargo pocket.

Glad you had a good sleep. :D Did you do FP ldt med while lying down before sleep? What does your buzz stage usually feel like? Are you standing or sitting usually?

For my lying down s-m meditation, if I fall asleep, I cannot do the closedown obviously. ;) Can you just discard the end breaths if you are lying down?

I haven't recalled any dreamtime experiences. I have only applied s-m to sleep. I endeavor to keep everything spontaneous and follow my will. Maybe once I achieve a regular s-m sleep state, it will allow my dreamtime to be revealed to me?

P.S. I enjoy utilizing "3 breaths" too. ^_^

yes, the meditation is lying down before sleep. The meditation is accompanied by a high pitch sound in the ears (probably blood flow), a slight buzz in the head, a slight current in the front of the body (like a half MCO) and sometimes a stiffening of body parts. The stiffening part is the healing I think - according to Sifu Dunn. I don't think I can disregard the close down now; when the energy reserve is higher I think it will be more spontaneous like your practise.

When I did dream yoga, I suggested to myself to remember my dreams and also recognizing when I was dreaming so I could have a lucid dream. However I didn't manage to have a lucid dream. I think it would work better to increase your mindfulness in the "waking" state and use it for dream yoga if you want.

Thanks wtm! :)

Last night, s-m with relaxation = deep MCO with serious release + rembrance of a dream of looking for the source of a rotting smell, maybe a body (human) in a wall in my building (maybe even my apartment?)

Unusual. :blink:

I think we're getting too off-topic in this thread... ;-)

he he :lol:

Maybe you are becoming an immortal? :D

Anyway, I started a new thread with the topic of dream yoga / sleeping qigong.

Sign in to follow this