Sign in to follow this  
sameesh

I need help

Hello sameesh - do you have access/experience with the I Ching?

There's a wealth of worthwhile reflection in there, once you

tune in...sometimes need a teacher, eh?

...sometimes need a teacher, eh?

yup, this. I read all the books I can but they all preface themselves with : "get a real teacher" but finding some instruction has proved difficult.

I like flipping the I-Ching open to a random page (my form of divination) and reading what it says..always somthing worthwhile indeed!

Have you done the inner work yet to make yourself a truly open channel to truth? If you have, just be patient, nature will be the teacher. If you haven't you might want to find a method of doing battle with ego.

Have you done the inner work yet to make yourself a truly open channel to truth? If you have, just be patient, nature will be the teacher. If you haven't you might want to find a method of doing battle with ego.

I suppose I have been doing my best at both. Your comment reminds me of a concept from the Chuang Tzu: If we make our own minds our teacher, then who has to be without a teacher?

When you say do battle with the ego, what do you mean? Curbing desire?

Also, could you ellucidate your thoughts on becomeing an open channel for truth?

I practice meditation toward this sort of end, but unfortunately find myself striken by laxity and incosistency. Ive realized that all along but actually writing it out, even if just in a forum context, is now making my mistakes seem super obvious!

Having realized it, I can admit it. Having admitted it, I can correct it :)

I never do battle with my ego. I bribe it with tea and cakes. :lol:

Edit to add:

Oops, I didn't mean to minimize anyone's difficulties with the above remark. I had a vision of me and my ego leaving our weapons at the door and having a talk over tea and cakes.

Edited by Samurai Jane

Sign in to follow this