Ulises

The Magical Mystery Experience

I attended recently a one day workshop with this guy: amazing, exquisite, beautiful, soulful, mischievous, MAGICAL..:REAL

I attended recently a one day workshop with this guy: amazing, exquisite, beautiful, soulful, mischievous, MAGICAL..:REAL

very sweet very promising indeed. somehow it I feel it reflected some of the vibe and message coming from this person

:) what do you think?

very sweet very promising indeed. somehow it I feel it reflected some of the vibe and message coming from this person

:) what do you think?

Big Heart:YES!!! "Eternity is in love with time productions" William Blake

I'm using a server that blocks certain content.

What workshop is it that you attended?

I'm using a server that blocks certain content.

What workshop is it that you attended?

Friday Evening Lecture: October 15, 2010

Ancient Gnosis and the Modern World

Timothy Freke

Those who look without dream, those who look within wake up. - C.G. Jung

Carl Jung regarded the ancient Gnostics as early psychologists. This talk will explore the controversial theory that the Jesus story is an allegorical myth, created by Gnostic Christians, and is based on pre-existent Pagan myths of a dying and resurrecting godman. If seen in this way, Jesus is the hero of a spiritual parable that teaches us how to awaken and experience gnosis. Jung also said, “All old truths want a new interpretation, so that they can live on in a new form. We need to take these thought-forms, which have become historically fixed, and melt them down again and pour them into the moulds of immediate experience.” Using Jung’s ideas as a starting point, Freke will present his understanding of the ancient gnosis in a new language, making it easily accessible to the modern mind. Thus, some may understand gnosis as a state of ‘lucid living’ in which we recognize the dreamlike nature of reality.

Saturday Workshop: October 16, 2010

The Experience of Gnosis

Timothy Freke

To explore the profound relationship between the Self and the personal ego and to become conscious of the Universal Self in ourselves and each other, participants of this workshop will be led through a number of simple but powerful ‘I to I’ exercises. We will discuss the importance of the ego for its necessary role in sustaining knowledge of the Self. Paradoxically, it is the process of individuation that allows the experience of oneness. In becoming a more distinct ‘someone,’ we can become conscious of ‘the One’. Based on his experience of lucid living, Freke will offer his understanding of the Collective Unconscious as the ground of being from which everything arises: the unconscious dreamer of the life-dream.

Biography:

Timothy Freke lives with his family in the UK and is an internationally respected authority on world spirituality, specializing in ancient Gnosticism. He has authored many books, including The Jesus Mysteries, a top 10 best-seller and ‘Book of the Year’ in the UK Daily Telegraph. His latest book is How Long is Now? Tim is an innovative ‘stand-up philosopher’ and has been featured in many films and documentaries in the global media, including BBC 1 and the History Channel. For more information, visit www.timothyfreke.com.

Edited by Ulises