Axe

which is done first: Scrotal Compression or Testicle Breathing?

Which one do we do first in a sitting? In Secrets of Love Master Mantak first teaches TB, but after reading the section on bringing the energy to the head in chapter 8 I realized that SC is to be done first isn't it?

Which one do we do first in a sitting? In Secrets of Love Master Mantak first teaches TB, but after reading the section on bringing the energy to the head in chapter 8 I realized that SC is to be done first isn't it?

SC comes after you have been doing TB for a while. Also in that book it makes it sound like you bring the energy to the head and leave it there ( at least that was the impression I got), but you don't. It's very important that after you get the energy to your head that you bring it down your front central channel to your lower dan tien.

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

It's very important that after you get the energy to your head that you bring it down your front central channel to your lower dan tien.

Yeah, I got a slight headache, tension and pressure two days ago, but I'm glad for the sign of progress. Haven't started feeling the energy directly at all (or even getting easily detectable movement) in the TB, but I feel clear and refreshed after SC. Maybe the negative symptoms were there or agrivated because of flu. I haven't started anything with the orbit, but today I did the venting exercise for high blood-pressure. I felt less tense and rather refreshed after that.

SC comes after you have been doing TB for a while.

Do you mean in a sitting, or that SC ought to be started when one starts feeling the energy directly (after having developed a little proficiency with TB)? Sorry, just wasn't sure.

Edited by Axe

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Yeah, I got a slight headache, tension and pressure two days ago, but I'm glad for the sign of progress. Haven't started feeling the energy directly at all (or even getting easily detectable movement) in the TB, but I feel clear and refreshed after SC. Maybe the negative symptoms were there or agrivated because of flu. I haven't started anything with the orbit, but today I did the venting exercise for high blood-pressure. I felt less tense and rather refreshed after that.

Do you mean in a sitting, or that SC ought to be started when one starts feeling the energy directly (after having developed a little proficiency with TB)? Sorry, just wasn't sure.

No, I mean that you should do TB for a couple months first before you begin another practice. TB takes time to really get the feel for, so I'd recommend just focusing on that for a while. Then once your good at that, then try to learn a new skill.

I forgot to mention, I've started doing the Power Lock exercise to make use of the potent nocturnal and morning chi. It's probably the sole cause of the increased pressure. The potential of semen retention is really what's keeping my motivation and spirits high. My currently poor concentration just reminds me every time I do TB that its going to take so long to get anywhere significant, to be able to properly bring attention to the centers and distinctly feel the energy flow.

I sense immediate effects from SC. Besides, one of my main objectives is to develop health and vitality. The bottle neck in trying to practice TB more is the concentration demand. I get tense after the exercise and need a break. Even after being tense from doing TB, its easy for me to do a few compressions, and it actually helps me take that break. Besides, the book says that physical activity is good for balencing the energy.

So, it doesn't matter which one we do first in a sitting? I guess SC after TB is best for me. Besides, immediately after SC I feel like taking a walk and playing outside.

IMO Taoist secrets of love still remains the best book on daoist sexology written in the West... and this IS funny, because it was written in the '80s.

Thirty years afterwards, and nothing comparable to that is revealed anymore...

Sounds like the first landing on the Moon, never followed up by anything.

Regarding sexual practices, if you want to know how to express them in your daily life in a natural and un-technical way, you may want to check up the upper formulas as well.

If you focus too much on them, you may miss the big picture.

TB is the relaxed practice.

PL and SC is the power practice.

O U Draw is the crowning practice.

Start slow, and always come back to the basics when you get stuck somewhere.

Good luck!

IMO Taoist secrets of love still remains the best book on daoist sexology written in the West... and this IS funny, because it was written in the '80s.

Thirty years afterwards, and nothing comparable to that is revealed anymore...

Sounds like the first landing on the Moon, never followed up by anything.

Regarding sexual practices, if you want to know how to express them in your daily life in a natural and un-technical way, you may want to check up the upper formulas as well.

If you focus too much on them, you may miss the big picture.

TB is the relaxed practice.

PL and SC is the power practice.

O U Draw is the crowning practice.

Start slow, and always come back to the basics when you get stuck somewhere.

Good luck!

PL?

FD

PL?

FD

Power Lock I believe.

In Secrets of Love it says that chi kung increases the speed of progress and compliments the sexual practices.

One review of Iron Shirt Chi Kung says: '"Bonus" materials include exercises to enhance structural alignment and microcosmic circulation are also included.' But it says: "This book is an essential reference for advanced practice, and I recommend every advanced Chinese internal MA practitioners should get a copy. However, it is definitely not a book for beginners."

I heard praise for Eight Brocade Pieces on the board; should I look into that instead?

You said

I haven't started anything with the orbit,

does this mean that you are practicing SC, Orgasmic upward draw, testicle breathing etc, but you haven't, or arent doing anything with the orbit.

You absolutely should be practicing the orbit.

Are you doing inner smile? six healing sounds?

These practices work very well taken together. M.Chia's system works rather less well when approached with sole emphasis on the sexual practices.

inner smile is the essential practice to develop the downward flow of the orbit. This is the piece usually less easily developed, especially by males.

correct me if I inferred too much from the comment of yours, but this is such a common mistake among those, again especially males, who take up the healing tao system.

My ideal scenario for this school is for mastery of inner smile and six healing sounds and good sense of circulation throughout the orbit before even contemplating sexual kung fu. Even better to have started working on the basic fusion practice to better recognize and work with the different organ energies.

Craig

Hi Craig,

You inferred correctly. I was brought to a halt as I was reading about the inner smile as you saw in the Videos that help with the inner smile? thread. I'll probably be making more threads after I search around.

I was looking towards Chi Kung since I thought it would immediately start off with physical exercises that would reduce tension. I looked at the benefits of the inner smile and opening the orbit, so I guess I'll stick with the three sexual exercises and try to get going with the inner smile.

By the way, the review was about another book called ISCK with P. L. Simmonds as a co-author apparently: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Shirt-Kung-Mantak-Chia/dp/1594771049/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288007889&sr=8-1

Edited by Axe

Hi Craig,

You inferred correctly. I was brought to a halt as I was reading about the inner smile as you saw in the Videos that help with the inner smile? thread. I'll probably be making more threads after I search around.

I was looking towards Chi Kung since I thought it would immediately start off with physical exercises that would reduce tension. I looked at the benefits of the inner smile and opening the orbit, so I guess I'll stick with the three sexual exercises and try to get going with the inner smile.

By the way, the review was about another book called ISCK with P. L. Simmonds as a co-author apparently: http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Shirt-Kung-Mantak-Chia/dp/1594771049/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288007889&sr=8-1

I am glad you are looking at the ebook of M.Winns.

Mixing threads here, but there is def a connection.

I advise you to stay with the inner smile work and take up the healing sounds.

Its easy to play with sexual energy and easy to create problems when you don't do foundation work.

The foundation work is important, as any foundation work. You cant build a tower on mud.

Inner smile. the task is to get to know your insides. to create connection to your organs, organ systems and eventually spirits of the organs. First though to follow the "front line" of the inner smile, smiling down step by step helps to carve the channel of the downward movement of the MCO. this practice is initially a mental practice. I found that it solidifies the connection between the brain/mind and the body. this connection is underdeveloped to say the least in most "modern" people.

I agree that you should also do a physical qigong practice, but your discussion started with Sexual Kung Fu practices and indicated you weren't doing MCO.

schools of qigong are numerous and I hesitate to make a recommendation, especially since I have enjoyed so many and not really stayed on any (with the exception of Taiji I suppose). If staying with the Healing Tao school you could do embracing the tree pose for starters, but I recommend against doing what is in the book Iron Shirt. Rather you would be better off IMO just doing embrace the tree and work on relaxation and breathing into your lower tantien. Just this will bring many benefits. Keep it simple, what I have outlined is plenty to work on, especially since you will probably still be playing with the sexual kung fu <_<

Good luck

Craig