Sign in to follow this  
exorcist_1699

Wet dream

Although most religions view wet dream as unclean or even evil ,they all view it as something insignificant and never give it any important place in their religion . It is only in Taoist alchemy that its importance is identified.

As we all know , the cornerstone of Taoist cultivation is qi; yet without having accumulated certain jing ( essence), the refinement of jing into high quality qi is unlikely . However, even a very self-disciplined guy who can behave himself well in daytime, he can't get rid of nocturnal releases in midnight once or twice a month . Because of this , the accumulation of essence in his body seems unlikely , and the upgrading of the quality of his qi is also repeatedly interrupted, seems hopeless.

In fact, not all nocturnal release are accompanied by wet dream, but most of them do. From Taoist point of view, wet dream is just a not- yet- purified qi grasping our shen (" spirit") as a means to attain its goal . And, viewing it in a much bigger framework , as an individual had taken a lump of qi from the universe so as to be born and living as an individual , the universe is eager to take it back secretly (from his dream ).So , there is always some flow of qi , some balance between them ; the universe is never in a status of lack of qi .. so somehow immortality is unlikely to come true in any individual case..

Although Western people seem never pay attention to the time that wet dream happen , TCM and Taoism do notice it and carefully study it . They discover that the time most nocturnal release happen is when yin and yang of the day intercourse ...Qi in our body just responds to that much bigger stream of intercourse and sadly be manipulated to do its job.

Edited by exorcist_1699

I'm not sure why, but I've only had one wet dream in my entire life, and that was when I was a teenager. I've heard that with guys this is a problem with often don't have enough kidney yin, and that tonifying kidney yin helps.

I'm not sure why, but I've only had one wet dream in my entire life, and that was when I was a teenager. I've heard that with guys this is a problem with often don't have enough kidney yin, and that tonifying kidney yin helps.

Qi between our two kidneys is said to yang which interacts and counteracts with our fluctuating and restless mind , which is said to be yin notwithstanding that it is in a status of logical reasoning or in a status of sex imagination .Weakened yang below will make the original controlled yin more restless , for example having more fantasy about sex ,which reversely makes the yang more deteriorated. This explains why some old guys are strangely addicted to sex abuse of little girls for the original reasoning is that old guys get weaker sex drive, therefore should commit much less sex crime.

However, from the TCM's point of view, "Kidney" is symbolized by the trigram, Kan: one stroke of yang sandwiched in two strokes of yin , a more complicated model adopted so as to cure varied complicated diseases such as too much nocturnal release, sleeplessness, easy memory loss..etc ., all related to the loss of yin(essence/water ) or yang (qi/fire) of the "organ".

Edited by exorcist_1699

Exorcist, have you come across methods described to help avoid this problem in the taoist writings?

Yeah, of course, as it is a crucial issue ; without method of solving it only means we guys can't move forward. One of the methods which adopted by the Taoist Wu-Liu School is to refine all our jing into qi by using our focusing ; of course, having succeeded it means even when we are having dream about sex, we don't get any jing released for all jing is already turned into qi.(WARNING : although the process is not non-reversible, it , of course, also means stopping your re-productive ability )

Another method is that as for most guys nearly all nocturnal release happen at certain time in night ,say mostly in between midnight and dawn ( 3am ~ 6am ), some guys may rise up at 5 am to start their meditation so as to avoid the happening of their nocturnal release.

In fact, after the ability of our "shen" has reached certain high level in the later period of our cultivation ,we can awaken, instead of sleeping it through, just nearly before the release happen and stop it.

Edited by exorcist_1699

Yeah, of course, as it is a crucial issue ; without method of solving it only means we guys can't move forward. One of the methods which adopted by the Taoist Wu-Liu School is to refine all our jing into qi by using our focusing ; of course, having succeeded it means even when we are having dream about sex, we don't get any jing released for all jing is already turned into qi.(WARNING : although the process is not non-reversible, it , of course, also means stopping your re-productive ability )

Another method is that as for most guys nearly all nocturnal release happen at certain time in night ,say mostly in between midnight and dawn ( 3am ~ 6am ), some guys may rise up at 5 am to start their meditation so as to avoid the happening of their nocturnal release.

In fact, after the ability of our "shen" has reached certain high level in the later period of our cultivation ,we can awaken, instead of sleeping it through, just nearly before the release happen and stop it.

Ok, interesting, thanks. I beleieve regular meditation practice is recommended as well. For some, if they practice for some period of time and then miss one or more days of practice, this could lead to the problem as well. So, another reason for the more serious practitioner to try to maintain regular practice. I have found that regular standing meditation is particularly helpful for this sort of problem.

Sign in to follow this