Astral_Anima

Special Timing

Hey All

A question just came to mind thats left me puzzled, but not without theories. There's been a recent movement of spiritual practices that have been coming out that have been saying "The time is right" or something that alludes to there being some significance to the time we're in, in relation to spirittual practice. Like practices were kept out of the open but because of the "times" we're in it's being made public.

Does anyone here think there's anything significant about today's time in relation to spiritual practice? Is this just a marketing gimic to reel in crowds? I'd like to hear people's thoughts about this matter. Thank You all.

-Astral

Hey All

A question just came to mind thats left me puzzled, but not without theories. There's been a recent movement of spiritual practices that have been coming out that have been saying "The time is right" or something that alludes to there being some significance to the time we're in, in relation to spirittual practice. Like practices were kept out of the open but because of the "times" we're in it's being made public.

Does anyone here think there's anything significant about today's time in relation to spiritual practice? Is this just a marketing gimic to reel in crowds? I'd like to hear people's thoughts about this matter. Thank You all.

-Astral

Could have to do with a massive shift in consciousness some people say is coming. Has to do with 2012 and the Age of Aquarius. I myself don't know, but I like to think in terms of this instead of some silly apocalypse...were will that get us ;) ?

Oh as an aside who/what groups have been saying the time is right? Sounds interesting!

Who knows? Timing is important.

Sometimes a book comes out, and no one pays attention to it. Five years later, the book is all the rage. Five years after that, no one cares.

Sometimes you meet the love of your life, but things just don't seem to work out. You meet five years later, and everything goes perfect.

I think that if you look at enough things, you'll see that timing is quite important.

But what influences timing? Energy? Mental attitudes? You'd have to be able to accurately perceive those in order to say whether "the timing is right." Can the people teaching these methods perceive to that degree? Who knows. Is it based off some astrology thing? Maybe. But stars and planets move all the time, even a lot of charts used for modern astrology are outdated. So depending on what you are looking at, we may have been in the age of Aquarius for a long time, or we might not get there for a long time!

Now if you're at the level where you can feel how everything in the universe affects things on earth, then you'd know.... but who is at the point? You? The people teaching the method?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I think the time to give people spiritual practices is the time when they need to be reminded of what's important in life.

If you actually look into the world, a lot of things are really messed up. It's been this way for a while. I'm sure it will stay this way...

...but the important thing is that there are people in the world who at least have a vague sense that there's something more to life than our momentary desires. They change everything.

So the time is now to give spiritual practice, and it has been now for a long time. Forever maybe. The human condition.

Taomeow, in some distant post, was describing how certain practices/paths are riper for the times than others depending upon the conditions of the universe... I believe it came up with regards to downward vs upward flowing paths... Hopefully she'll jump in here and save me from possibly flawed paraphrase.....

...I'll see if I'm able to unearth the original post in the meantime.

balance.

Taomeow, in some distant post, was describing how certain practices/paths are riper for the times than others depending upon the conditions of the universe... I believe it came up with regards to downward vs upward flowing paths... Hopefully she'll jump in here and save me from possibly flawed paraphrase.....

...I'll see if I'm able to unearth the original post in the meantime.

balance.

I remember that post as well :)

Well maybe the time now is special methinks.

For example,look at technology and science-they are developing at incredible speed.

This points that there is a shift in astral world-the world of thoughts- and this is bringing on this speedy change.

So something is shuffling on collective level.

Many new opportunities and possibilities are present

(here i mean just about anything from food shopping to state of art technology..) in bigger concetration than ever before on physical level ,and it would be logical if it is the same on spiritual level too.

Could have to do with a massive shift in consciousness some people say is coming. Has to do with 2012 and the Age of Aquarius. I myself don't know, but I like to think in terms of this instead of some silly apocalypse...were will that get us ;) ?

Oh as an aside who/what groups have been saying the time is right? Sounds interesting!

I've heard about this as well... 2012 not as an indicator of some apocalyptic event, but rather the end of an Age.... Specifically, the Age of Pisces. Jesus was associated with Pisces. Each age is about 2000 years, and up next in the revolution is the water-bearer, Aquarius... as an Aquarian, this has me pretty excited.

Some moderately useful but by no means exhaustive links.

http://www.greatdreams.com/ages.htm

http://ancientegypt.hypermart.net/twelveages/index.htm

balance.

Edited by balance.

Hey All

-Astral

There is a great significance to this period of time we're living in- it's not hard to recognise- but at the same time because of this, it has been used as a marketing 'buzzword' by many folk, particularly those writing about the 2012 date.

Whatever the significance of the astrology, there are a number of culminating global events that are very relevant to your question-

the rate of technological advancement has rapidly grown over the last decade, leading to the opportunity to replace our dependance on fossil fuels and, fingers crossed, undo some of the damage this dependance has created.

Secondly, wisdom that has matured over long periods of time through indigenous cultures and traditions has either been been killed off by this same dependance on fossil fuels and ensuing "march of modernity" or been forced to flee, to find new ways to carry on these traditions. Because of this, a great deal of previously highly guarded and precious teachings have found they way into the light of day as a matter of survival. Coincidentally, there hasn't been a greater need for this wisdom at any other time- the crazy speed and turbulance that whirls around us has whipped up a huge cross-pollination of ideas and traditions.

We have the great fortune of harnessing this whirlwind in the creation of a 'never-before-seen' way of breathing, seeing, thinking, and working. May we rise to this challenge and lift ourselves and fellow beings upwards and forwards!

Bless

a

Edited by al.

I thought there is no such thing as time, that it's only subjective illusion.

The fact that we are able to be aware of a plurality of stages in the process of that subjective illusion unfolding gives us the impression that we are affected by it. Blargh.

Or maybe not. I don't know, i'm having a hard time not being subject to said illusion.

The most important thing about a spiritual path is to walk it, right? At least if you listen to it's endorsers.

Marketing isn't maybe too far off from the core of this time-thing. And we all know how NOW is the best time to get something DONE, and how many of us feel LATER is a better time for NOW to be happening and things to be DONE.

Right?

The whole age shift thing, maybe that's true and will become significant, maybe only if given enough opportunity to manifest itself?

And yes, technology is advancing fast, but not faster than we can share information, make good of it and apply its fruits. I'd even say everything is advancing just as fast as it ever was, but now we're aware that it's enveloping a larger scope of people and a larger actual area than we were able to be aware of earlier. Speed, urgency, time and such are - IMHO - relative.

Ages, are defined by us. We chose how to formulate the universe around us through our illusionary understanding of it, we are active, we are acting, some of us even non-acting at times. And if you look at history, isn't it always a good time for something? It's always a good time to look at what's really important in life.

Of course some paths are more ripe than others, but that is still a subjective illusion right? Or am i missing something?

I wont be the one to deny tendencies. That's the whole idea about tao right? A general whole with some internal tendencies and their counteracting tendencies? Like a breathing body.(I know i'm simplyfying in absurdum here but bear with me)

Maybe we're just very good at analysing the current tendency and predict its normal force (as in physics normal force, counteraction, whatever you wanna call it) from our previous knowledge about opposing forces. However, we seem to always be surprised when a true shift comes around the bend. We might turn green tomorrow, as a consequence of whats been happening. Maybe all this war and misery we know about now has shifted our consciousness, at least in part?

No such thing as essential properties, no such thing as fixed states.

Only motion and uncontrolled dynamic shifts in opposing forces, perfectly balanced at all times.

That is the Tao, or isn't - as it cant be defined and it escapes all accurate description.

But yeah, why should anything be more right than anything else just by it's possible placing in a stage of existance? It must be related to the effect you're trying to achieve right? Like in martial arts, timing is the only thing that matters really, but it is relative to circumstances and your intentions.

I dont know, i should probably hit the sack instead of being here ranting about thing i cannot know.

PEACE

I thought there is no such thing as time, that it's only subjective illusion.

Oh? and do you know this by experience or just hearsay?

Could be, i'm not sure. As for the groups, I know Kunlun is one, John Chang of the Mo Pai said that "times are changing" and decided to share some of what he knew (although still reluctant), HRM (hira ratan manek) started sharing the art of sungazing maybe a decade ago saying he was told by a "master" to share such knowledge due to the "times to come", The essenes have started popping up again...It just seems like spirituality is gaining a foothold in society. Not really a great foodhold but it seems there's more people spiritually inclined.

Unfortunately the business-minded seem to have caught on and are trying to take advantage of people (as they always do) so it's hard to tell who's legit and who's just some bullshitter out for your cash. While 2012 may be a shift in consciousness i'm not so sure, I've heard science come up with some interesting theories like pole reversal, solar flares, hightened radiation, etc. and i've heard conspiracy theories involving a one world society that will try to use computers and technology to control mankind; there's alot of things out there.

Personally however nothing changes my goals, so really i'm not so concerned, i'm just going to keep working at my neigong training and a few other things. I was just curious what other people have heard/think.

And thank you all so far for sharing your thoughts/ideas, keep it coming XD

The future exists as a possibility or among possibilities. In effect if say Kunlun or Falungong, or some rapid progress spiritual path were to catch on among large populations, then it could transform people's minds to a higher spirtual level than now.

We are co-creators, so to say passively that this or that could happen is leaving out what you can possibly make happen. A school tries to create a new reality, but it exists as a possibility, so they are not distorting some truth, they are attempting to create a truth. Of course the forces of doubt and status quo will fight back. Max was accused of everything under the sun in this forum, where he had been previously successful in getting interested students. Falungong people were tortured to death with cattle prods by the CCP. The list goes on.

Yet I try to live my life as it were a special time, and that we can make it happen. I suppose I've been looking for reasons for why my body endures such an awakening and evolution. Taoists have been doing this for ceturies, they might not care about a special time or not. But I'm an average schmo, not believing in all this stuff most of my life, I searched for meaning.

So if it is a special opportunity, what can I possibly do to make it a special time where humans evolve? Sociologists using the national values system by Clare Graves, or Spiral Dynamics see that we are continually evolving as a society, and we are close to gaining a level which is in more harmony with earth, seeing it as a living whole. Economics: Of course oil and other materials are running out, and this will cause a collapse in the old system, this is just fact, not some 2012 mystery. Its only a matter of years.

As far as global enlightenment special timing, its also in our hands because we are spiritual savvy and online with vast reach but we perhaps dont even know our own importance.

Edited by de_paradise