Sign in to follow this  
Leo

China

My uncle lived in Hong Kong for 11 years and I asked him about it recently. He said a major difference between Chinese and US is China has no desire to export there culture. USA will always be the major cultural force around the world exporting our Starbucks and McDonalds and Hollywood and all that. China keeps to themselves more and Chinese as a whole don't seem as Yang a culture as America. Probably the major cities are but I jsut don't see them wanting to be the dominant world power even if they are a wealthy nation.

Like Iran is a wealthy nation with it's own weird stuff but they have no desire to mess with the rest of the world and are content staying in there own borders sitting on all there oil.

If your a believer in NWO it's all staged. Ime not..though I do think people in positions of extreme power tend to gradually get corrupted..nothing new..goes back to Rome and all ancient Empires..just another version..I think Amerca will rebalance itself one way or another and have faith in people.

I agree about Communism probably dying in the next few decades.

Cam

Edited by Cameron

I think these are good threads (America, China, other), but they have a different dynamic than cultivation discussions. Kinda wish they were all moved to "Off Topic". Its just cleaner. Call me British or whatever.

Yes, I moved them both to Off Topic. It's a tough call, I know it's subjective and I hear what you are saying Leo about country as context for practice ... it's one of the reasons I thought of just leaving them. I think the distinction I'm using here is that politics is cool in Taoist Discussion if we really consciously work to tie it in with cultivation, with our practice, with our bodies, minds, souls ... and not just speculative political theory. Does that make sense? It's wierd because I know technicall everything is really a Taoist discussion, but the line has to be drawn somewhere right? And especially for newcomers to the board, it's probably nicer for them to be presented with a Taoist Discussion that, like Trunk said, is clean and more directly related to cultivation practice.

Sean

Yes, I moved them both to Off Topic. It's a tough call, ... I think the distinction I'm using here is that politics is cool in Taoist Discussion if we really consciously work to tie it in with cultivation, with our practice, with our bodies, minds, souls ... more directly related to cultivation practice.

Sean

Hey Sean,

You may want to consider that there are topics in the Taoist Discussion area are not direclty related to cultivation. The thing is that a lot of people simply dont look into the Off Topic area and there are topics that people are interested in discussing besides cultivation. Perhaps another area would serve the board better. Cultivation/Tangents/Fringe, or Cultivation/Non Cultivation/Off Topic, or Cultivation/Other Interests/Etc or Cultivation/Life/Everything Else. Dunno, maybe it would serve us all better, maybe not.

Have a good one,

T

You may want to consider that there are topics in the Taoist Discussion area are not direclty related to cultivation. The thing is that a lot of people simply dont look into the Off Topic area and there are topics that people are interested in discussing besides cultivation. Perhaps another area would serve the board better. Cultivation/Tangents/Fringe, or Cultivation/Non Cultivation/Off Topic, or Cultivation/Other Interests/Etc or Cultivation/Life/Everything Else. Dunno, maybe it would serve us all better, maybe not.

Interesting idea turbo, let's discuss this here.

Sean

Sign in to follow this