Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Did simba really see mufasa in the clouds?

Lol I feel like such a fan boy writing about this. but anyways do you think simba saw an external mufasa in the form of clouds and his real father or an internal mufasa in the form of himself?

I kind of think it was internal because mufasa just say that he must take his place in the cirlcle of life. Plus it could be possible with a zen master such as rafiki.

http://www.intmath.com/Differentiation-transcendental/rafi.jpg

AS you can see he clearly is in full lotus and doing the guyan mudra.

LOL I love being me.

but anyways do you think simba saw an external mufasa in the form of clouds and his real father or an internal mufasa in the form of himself?

I think he saw an internal Mufasa in the form of himself that was externalized and not in the form of himself.

ans. Simba saw Mufasa, but he looked very cartoony.

I gotta start going to bed earlier.

Are you talking about a fictional Disney movie?

Hey, lions are real! so are baboons, and hyeenahs. And meercats and warthogs.

Simba saw what simba saw and unless you're simba, you cant know what he saw! but let's say he saw his father, what now?

It is a mewtwo and a renamon my two favorite charecterss.

Edited by mewtwo

That's interesting because gazing at water for knowledge and visoions is a shamanic practice.

seirei no moribito at the 2 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b0S5QMIVmI

Mike O’Donnell the 'Water Man' from Paeroa "listens to water" (will post a video later)

http://www.greenplanetfm.com/members/greenradio/blog/VIEW/00000001/00000143/Mike-ODonnell-the-Water-Man-from-Paeroa.html#00000143

http://paganassoc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1119

(will post a video later)

not the 26 minute video that I wanted to upload which i can't do it any time soon due to travels but here is a youtube i found.

Edited by Desert Eagle

I recently watched Moribito...really enjoyed that series.

Moribito is awesome! A must see for anyone interested in shaman practices and how they're perceived from the eastern perspective. Aside from that it was a very touching story.

I would also recommend Ghost Hound and Noein. They really touch on the attempt of many Eastern Scientists to explain spiritual practices using Quantum Mechanics and Psychology. Noein, by the way, is like taking a 101 course in Quantum Mechanics.

Aaron

edit- Simba saw what he wanted to see, which was his father in the clouds. Real men watch Cartoons.

Edited by Twinner

I think he saw himself dewwd but thank's a lot for posting this, and thanks to sinfest for the video! Much love to you guys I really enjoyed watching that again. FIRST IM GOING TO TAKE YOUR STICK....NONONONO NOT THE STICK XD

I wonder why Disney released the Lion King? I mean it seems to run contrary to what the corporations want people to believe. Anyone have any thoughts?

What do they want people to believe? What does Lion King cause people to believe?

That's a very good question, what do you think? I'd love to hear your answers. I'm not entirely sure myself. On the surface, understanding the psychology behind advertising, I understand that most children's programs and commercials are intended to make children into consumerist adults, in other words more apt to purchase on impulse. Lion King, on the surface, seems to teach that impulsiveness isn't a good thing, in fact impulsiveness seems to be the cause of many of Simba's problems, at least from what I remember. I haven't watched the movie since I cared for my niece and nephew in 90s, so my recollection may be off.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Actually I think that for a long time Disney was into the practice of 'brainwashing' children into valuing the right things in life, so that they could grow up to be better people. Teaching morality in a hidden in plain sight kind of way.

Interesting about impulsiveness...never thought of that before.

I think the movie Aladdin at least contradicts pretty much everything she was ranting about. Coincidentally it's my favorite! :lol:

I'd say Disney is also time/context sensitive. The princesses were put in movies over decades. Perhaps the girl quit watching before Aladdin came out?

What I find interesting is how Disney took earlier myths which were already taken from elsewhere and adapted various bits. To what end they were adapted and/or characters were tweaked is probably an area of study in itself.

Personally I prefer the Jungle Book:-) But then I'm old:-)

ok this is creepy, so i presented a discution to my religious group on crazy wisdom. i had like 10 ish storyes of different crazy wisdom people from around the world like nasreddin and some zen stories and some chuan tzu and such well i ended the 2 week discution showing the clip of rafiki from the lion king as an example of crazy wisdom in pop culture. it suprised our head guy he does not watch much fiction and such like he had never heard or read the jungle book. but he liked the scene, anyways tonight i look for the scene that we watched and it says that disney removed it due to copywrite infiringment. It was the exact one we used. I just found it odd that we do this 3 weeks ago then all of a sudden disney removes it.

Sign in to follow this