mewtwo

Could my dead master be contacting me and giveing me hints?

I just had a thought see i had a sifu who was knowen as william orce. He died in 2006 in illinois. Before he moved to illinois he taught martial arts in south dakota where i am. Anyways he was my sifu and i was wondering could all of the things that have come to me like my kensho and inspirtations and such have been from him beyond the grave? Anyone have a meditation for contacting him?

Edited by mewtwo

I doubt it. Let's not get carried away with the 'dead martial arts master hanging around to teach his students' thing again. I don't buy into that notion. Why not take credit for your own inspirations and accomplishments? Why look to magical thinking and "beyond the gave" explanations?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

I doubt it. Let's not get carried away with the 'dead martial arts master hanging around to teach his students' thing again. I don't buy into that notion. Why not take credit for your own inspirations and accomplishments? Why look to magical thinking and "beyond the gave" explanations?

I agree 100 percent. This is delusional self-destructive thinking in my opinion.

I just had a thought see i had a sifu who was knowen as william orce. He died in 2006 in illinois. Before he moved to illinois he taught martial arts in south dakota where i am. Anyways he was my sifu and i was wondering could all of the things that have come to me like my kensho and inspirtations and such have been from him beyond the grave? Anyone have a meditation for contacting him?

Hi there,

I don't think we should rule anything out. Do you ask for his guidance? Or try an get in touch with him? If so than yes this can for sure happen...

But on the other hand, if you haven't tryed to communicate with him in anyway... Than I would say most likely not... But hey I don't think anyone knows for sure... That would be cool for him to contact you, but I believe you would have to be trying at first to contact him...

Take care Melanie

Thank you goonis38 um yeah i have not tried to contact him yet but i have had dreams idont think any of him but of other people whom have died and i loved like my dog candy. I would very much like to contact him anyone know of ways i can do this like meditations?

Thanks

ok so you dont think so what do all you other bums think?

Hm has he shown up in your dreams?

Also Ya I do believe its very possible. I could go into detail why, although I think there should be a level of caution when/if trying to contact a spirit.

If anything, I'd say try through dreams.. think of him frequently and maybe decide to drop by him when you're dreaming.

Just dream walking would be a safer bet. Contacting them throughout the day not so much.

Just because something is possible does not make it probable. There is a tendency to romanticize martial arts teachers, who are human beings with very human failings. Sounds like you are scraping for an explanation where none exists. Mooshy thinking.

Just because something is possible does not make it probable. There is a tendency to romanticize martial arts teachers, who are human beings with very human failings. Sounds like you are scraping for an explanation where none exists. Mooshy thinking.

There's definitely always that.

Just trying to give some feedback, if what he thinks is the case really is.

Edited by NeiChuan

Yes, no doubt about it, such can and does happen. But the reasons and needs between you have to be strong and so does the Master who has passed over.

Good luck

Mewtwo,

The answer is YES. Sifus do continue to teach their students after death. You may also be being taught by your Sifu's spiritual guides.

It is very easy to connect to your spiritual guides. Simply send out a request for assistance. allow yoruself to stay open to your inspirations. These thoughts will come in through the crown chakra and your third eye. Just be open to learning and explore where your intuitions take you...

I have never brought this up before, but a couple years ago right before I began this path I am on now (doing Qigong) I was dabbeling with astral projection. Now I have only dabbled with astral projection a little, and while doing so my perception is a bit foggy, but I believe that I came into contact with a martial arts master of some sort who agreed to teach me if I agreed to follow his guidance. Since that time I have been doing Qigong for a couple years now, and have felt that while on my path I have been getting pointers, and guidance from time to time. Its rather subtel, but I can still preceive it when it comes.

Its common all over asia to see people undertake several days fasting & meditation near the grave of prophets,saints,monks,masters in the hope of gaining some supernatural power.

What if...it were actually YOU giving yourself hints?

But you've just "projected" the "master" onto someone else that you recall as such?

I'm very interested in non-linear unfoldings (there are lots of them, not just one) of time. Especially since "time" per se is non-existant. If everything "in the future" has its basis "in the past" then future "you" would have to come to you to give you hints to become what he is.

The other idea I have about this is that you use the "master" as a way to avoid experiencing too much weirdness. Paradoxical, I know, but it's a bit like the kid who makes up an "imaginary friend".

Hm has he shown up in your dreams?

Also Ya I do believe its very possible. I could go into detail why, although I think there should be a level of caution when/if trying to contact a spirit.

If anything, I'd say try through dreams.. think of him frequently and maybe decide to drop by him when you're dreaming.

Just dream walking would be a safer bet. Contacting them throughout the day not so much.

Hey there,

I agree with you all the way. I have contacted people. The thing is if you do it through your waking life. You have a chance, a very good big chance of picking up a bunch of low level lieing spirits... You would need to already be in contact with your spirit guide to help you find him. It is not impossible. But it needs to be done right and with protection. There are beings out there that if you start opening up yourself and home, they would love to come on in and give you a hard time at the very least...

So as this poster said dream walking is great... And there is OBE, but you are going into the astral plain and you have the same problem with contacting low level spirits...

So this poster has great advise and may can give you some pointers on dream walking. I have only done it by accident... I don't know how to go on my own account... But we would all love a lesson if you are up to it...

Take care Melanie

You can attribute anything to anything. You're like a story author. It won't make it true, but it will be your story.

It is very much possible. In 2002 I was initiated into meditation by a Guru in a dream. I don't know who that Guru was yet...but the Mantra he gave me worked and helped me through a very bad time. During that time I also conversed with other Sadhus and a Taoist master who was teaching me Chi Gung

What if...it were actually YOU giving yourself hints?

But you've just "projected" the "master" onto someone else that you recall as such?

I'm very interested in non-linear unfoldings (there are lots of them, not just one) of time. Especially since "time" per se is non-existant. If everything "in the future" has its basis "in the past" then future "you" would have to come to you to give you hints to become what he is.

The other idea I have about this is that you use the "master" as a way to avoid experiencing too much weirdness. Paradoxical, I know, but it's a bit like the kid who makes up an "imaginary friend".

Kate, A quote that may be related - in case you are interested?

"In the conditions of three-dimensional space and one-dimensional time, plurality of existence is impossible. But under the conditions of six-dimensional space-time it is quite natural, because in it "every point of time touches every point of space" and "everything is everywhere and always". In the space-time represented by two intersecting triangles there is nothing strange or impossible in the plurality of existence. And even an approach to these conditions creates for a man the possibility to "go the way of all the earth", to "be gathered to his fathers", which enables him to influence his ancestors or their contemporaries, gradually to change and to make more favorable the conditions of his birth and gradually to surround himself with people who also "remember"" Excerpt from, "New Model of the Universe" early 1900's.

Solomons seal

post-51155-12874197379_thumb.jpg

Kate, A quote that may be related - in case you are interested?

"In the conditions of three-dimensional space and one-dimensional time, plurality of existence is impossible. But under the conditions of six-dimensional space-time it is quite natural, because in it "every point of time touches every point of space" and "everything is everywhere and always". In the space-time represented by two intersecting triangles there is nothing strange or impossible in the plurality of existence. And even an approach to these conditions creates for a man the possibility to "go the way of all the earth", to "be gathered to his fathers", which enables him to influence his ancestors or their contemporaries, gradually to change and to make more favorable the conditions of his birth and gradually to surround himself with people who also "remember"" Excerpt from, "New Model of the Universe" early 1900's.

Solomons seal

post-51155-12874197379_thumb.jpg

"In the space-time represented by two intersecting triangles"

Triangles? Why? I think straight lines are kind of weird.

The rest of the quote is pretty cool. Thanks 3Bob.

I'm fiddling about with the idea (other people might call it contemplating, I call it "fiddling") that spacetime for people is something we co-create out of Tao's action. I don't know about spacetime for other beings, or even other people for that matter.

Does the quote mean actual "genetic" ancestors? Or some other kind of ancestry?

It's entirely possible your dead master is trying to contact you! If anything has been close to you in life then there's no reason they wouldn't guide you from the other side!

For example, I used to have a Gerbil, and since he died I have felt guided to eat sunflower seeds intermittently throughout my life, I even have almost uncontrollable urges to make a mess on my bedding and wait for someone else to clean it up and then bite them when they try to.

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's possible and happens often, but I do agree with Mr. Songs to some degree. You have your own ability to be creative, don't put yourself down...and if something/someone else is guiding you positively then that's all well and good, I don't think it's really that important to know who/what it is, as long as it has a positive effect, and I rather doubt those on the other side need that recognition.

And my final piece of advice to you is.....don't ever own a gerbil.

Not sure if this is totally related to the topic..

A couple of days ago a friend and i were chatting about forming deeper connections with certain teachers, why some teachers are more cherished than others, during which she related one experience that made me recall this particular thread.

A few years ago, she attended a retreat in Spain and there made a very 'open heart' sort of connection with a Buddhist lama, who was leading the retreat. To affirm her feeling, she kept in touch with the sangha in Spain in the hope of meeting the same teacher again should he return there for future teachings. He did, and each time she faithfully went to listen as he returned there to teach.

One day she had a dream... in it she was visited by this lama who looked at her, and gave her this big, warm smile. She was happy with the dream, but did not really ascribe too much significance to it.

Two days later she got a call from a friend, who informed her that 3 days earlier the lama had suddenly passed away. That news really made her think.

"In the space-time represented by two intersecting triangles"

Triangles? Why? I think straight lines are kind of weird.

The rest of the quote is pretty cool. Thanks 3Bob.

I'm fiddling about with the idea (other people might call it contemplating, I call it "fiddling") that spacetime for people is something we co-create out of Tao's action. I don't know about spacetime for other beings, or even other people for that matter.

Does the quote mean actual "genetic" ancestors? Or some other kind of ancestry?

Hello Kate,

You are welcome for the quote. The book I mentioned

(found at Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0486297012/sr=8-1/qid=1287508541/ref=dp_proddesc_1?ie=UTF8&n=283155&qid=1287508541&sr=8-1 )

has some interesting and also some far-out concepts pointing to what same can not really encompass; (especially considering the book was mostly done in the early 1900's) and at this time I'm not really up to making studied comments in the context of those "fiddlings" by Peter Ouspensky, which he partly did before going into his work related to the "4th way" - which imo has all sorts of heavy duty pros and cons! (or truths and also permutations into cults)

The mention of "ancestors" refers back to some cryptic like verses in the Bible.

Good fortune, 3Bob