Encephalon

Overdosing on TTB

I've lost count of the number of times I've boldy declared to be taking my leave from TTB, only to jump back into the breach a few days later. There is clearly something of value here and I've learned a great deal about myself and my practice, thanks to so many of you, but it's pretty clear that I've developed an unfortunate dependency on Net time and it is squandering my productivity. I could have finished a screenplay in the time I've spent in here looking for bones to pick over.

So, I've asked Mal to "suspend" me from this board, effective Monday. I've tried to summon the willpower to perform this task on my own, but my addictive personality siphons this energy away, so I might as well just make a concession to reality, ask for help where I need it, and get to work. A 50th birthday has a sobering effect on how one spends their time. Father Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JIRUVZimhg

Edited by Blasto

I have been feeling the same way for several months now.

More and more I find that the world we now live in is nothing but a world of distraction.

I struggle with my own goals and practice.

Bread and Circus anyone?

Bummer.

I'll miss your acid tongue, Old Man.

balance.

Edited by balance.

Bummer.

I'll miss your acid tongue, Old Man.

balance.

Blotter acid, circa 1979? Great stuff! :lol:

You'll be back :P, just lurk more. It's rare but every so often someone posts something interesting.

I've lost count of the number of times I've boldy declared to be taking my leave from TTB, only to jump back into the breach a few days later. There is clearly something of value here and I've learned a great deal about myself and my practice, thanks to so many of you, but it's pretty clear that I've developed an unfortunate dependency on Net time and it is squandering my productivity. I could have finished a screenplay in the time I've spent in here looking for bones to pick over.

So, I've asked Mal to "suspend" me from this board, effective Monday. I've tried to summon the willpower to perform this task on my own, but my addictive personality siphons this energy away, so I might as well just make a concession to reality, ask for help where I need it, and get to work. A 50th birthday has a sobering effect on how one spends their time. Father Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JIRUVZimhg

You'll be back :P, just lurk more. It's rare but every so often someone posts something interesting.

No! No! No lurking!! That would betray the spirit of the exercise! I wanna make $$$$$ and get the hell out of LA!

No! No! No lurking!! That would betray the spirit of the exercise! I wanna make $$$$$ and get the hell out of LA!

I'm looking for work in Northern California myself, but TTB makes a great break from Craigslist.

If I may make a suggestion: when I write for TTB, I try for the most part to write to organize my thoughts for my own reference. I don't think everyone wants to take it to the extreme that I do, which is copying some of the things I write on other people's blogs and TTB to my own blog for my future reference, but I think it's important to always write first and foremost for myself. That way, 1) the exercise is still of benefit even if there are no responses; 2) I am being creative at finding a way to educate myself to realize my part in society (ie, find a job, here).

ok, back to Craigslist :)

Edited by Mark Foote

later old man.

how long suspended? Permanent?

Good luck with the addictive personality disorder. I know what you mean.

Craig

later old man.

Craig

A change is better than a rest, I heard said one time - getting out is a change - nice thing I find

in TTBs is you can drop back in when you feel like it...

later old man.

Craig

I think next Valentine's Day would be a good stretch. That'll be my 2-yr TTB anniversary.

I think next Valentine's Day would be a good stretch. That'll be my 2-yr TTB anniversary.

haha we are working on the time frame, it's not Monday yet.

I must say it's rather fun to suspend someone who wants it (as opposed to deserves it) :lol:

Good luck.

Pretty much sums it up for most of us, doesn't it?

h

Hi Blasto,

My Best Wishes to you.

I agree, sometime we must just do what needs be done.

Do your thing!

Come back when you are ready.

You will be missed, you know.

Blasto and Mark Foote, think RENO.

Close enough to the bay area yet not expensive to live. I love Orange County but can't afford the cost of living or the pressure.

Close enough to the bay area yet not expensive to live. I love Orange County but can't afford the cost of living or the pressure.

My family's next move will be to an eco-village. Nothing else makes any sense unless you have the $$ to live independently.

www.ic.org

Thanks again everyone for the fine support. Mal will be in here anytime to shut me down.

Edited by Blasto

Thanks again everyone for the fine support. Mal will be in here anytime to shut me down.

*click*

Blasto,

Best of wishes in whatever you do or wherever you may go.

Sorry we never got to know each other better, but maybe someday?

Something to consider during your travels:

From Navajo Myths, Prayers and Songs

"In the house of long life there I wander,

In the house of happiness there I wander.

Beauty before me, with it I wander.

Beauty behind me, with it I wander.

Beauty below me, with it I wander.

Beauty above me, with it I wander.

Beauty all around me, wtih it I wander.

In old age traveling, with it I wander.

On the beautiful trail I am, with it I wander."

Dawn Boy's song on entering white house...

post-51155-128736991424_thumb.jpg

Hey, Bagua-kid me not! What's it like for jobs in Reno right now-

guess we can start dis'n Blasto now, I think he must be unable to reply... :P